What would you like to see included in the Transformers:ROTF Video Game?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Th3 Fall3n, Mar 3, 2009.

?

What new features would you like to see in the new game?

1. Bigger Character Roster( including non-movie characters)

15.8%
  2. Better Overall Gameplay

63.2%
  3. Deeper Storyline with Alternate Endings

15.8%
  4. Wide Range Of Enviroments

5.3%
  1. Th3 Fall3n

Th3 Fall3n Unicrons First Apprentice

June 15th is the given street date for the release of Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen The video game. I along with many other gaming enthusiast will be picking up a copy to enjoy right before the movie hits theaters in the following weeks. Compared to the first transformers movie game i hope the sequel will be jam packed with amazing features 10 times better than the last time we saw the Autobots and Deceptions go at it on the big screen.Hopefully for us that means; a longer story line,deeper plot,more weapons and all around giant robot killing gaming goodness! I played the first game on the PSP and the XBox 360 and i actually found the PSP game to be a lot better than the other console because it took a different yet much broader turn to the story than the latter.What will this summers sequel to the hit game bring? Hopefully a long character list,Bigger destructible environments and a wide range of weapons along with better game play. Thats my wishlist to say the least for the upcoming game.What would you like to see programmers and developers bring to us later this summer?

2. Beanshi

Beanshi 22nd Century Robocat

it's a game developed from a movie, 90% of these will be crap that's put together just to resemble the movie. never really have any high hopes for these dealies.

3. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    A game that's playable and not tedious.

4. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I really like there to be a story in the game, with options to choose how it ends.

5. weeezl

weeezl Well-Known Member

Playability!

6. SPIKE

SPIKE ZONE DEFENSE!!

Its gonna be crap.

7. FrankyWest

FrankyWest As far as it goes

I really just hope that they took their time and that since they butched up the first one, that the actually been working on this game for the past two years, this is what I hope for
    That they took their time to make it right.

I'm so fed up of cheap stuff pushed around quickly... This is why I shifted to mac's a few years back!

8. Th3 Fall3n

Yeah i agree 100% i hope they actually took there time this time around, we dont need another disaster-piece sporting a convincing title.People say the first one sucked but compared to what? ive played every transformer game there was; Both American and Japanese and i must say that game was the 1st trasnformers game i could actually play without banging my head against the wall :banghead:  I think alott of people expected the game to be a blockbuster hit like the movie,forgeting that its a tie in to the movie just for minor entertainment. :redface2: 

9. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The first one is okay at best, but If I didn't really like the first movie and Transformers in general, I know I would hate it.

Things I would like to see:

-I hope the weapons actually have a function. Other than destroying the environments, the only robot you could use them on were the crappy drones that usually exploded with one melee hit anyways.

-Better driving physics. They did an okay job for the flying vehicles, but for the driving ones, they were awful. Not to mention all of the times you get stuck on something like a lamp post. The ability to change the view in vehicle mode would be nice too.

-More destructible environments would be nice too.

-I would like to see one large environment like GTA, instead of four or five crappy small ones.

-Transforming after jumping would be nice.

-I would also like to see more creative missions instead of A) Destroy specifed object multiple times then race to next action zone B) Chase drones to pre determined spot than destroy C) Destroy wave after wave of drones and then hit the boss character 3 times before the next wave.

-Also I hope they do away with the stupid "action zone".

10. Roadtrack

Roadtrack Well-Known Member

yeah, the action zone really pissed me off.
    -I also want a few missions where you are accompanied with other fellow Autobots or Decepticons (depends on what side you choose) and they fight along side you.
    -an optional thing where you can be assisted by the millitary, like a back-up

11. Th3 Fall3n

Wow ure giving me horible horible flashbacks from the next gen console version...ugh! indeed it was crapolla served to us on a shinny spoon, i hope they took there sweet time on this one. An all new physics system implemented would be nice, i mean there are Licensed GM cars in this game so i would like to see the driving mode greatly imporved.The combat from the 1st one was stupid and repeatitive(ur right the weapons were just for bells and whistles pretty much, come to think of it). make a good point thanks for refreshing my memory!

12. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The unlockables were pretty sad too, more specifically the robot skins. The G1 ones are pretty cool, but by the time you unlock them with out cheating, you don't really have any desire to play the game anymore because you played it to death getting all of the little cubes and doing the crappy bonus missions.

On a side note though the game is great for your Xbox gaming score because the achievements unlock pretty easily and and really boost quite a bit. Playing transformers for 5 hours did a lot more than playing GTA 4 for like 60.

13. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

pretty much what's already been said. It would be nice if the game was actually FUN.

I played it on ps2 at first, both factions, and found it kind of boring and repetitive. I seem to recall chasing things in car mode and getting hung up on a brick in the road stopping the car dead was really annoying. Transforming, jumping over obstacles then back to car mode really fast, since trying to drive around whatever stopped you dead in your tracks took too long.

Then I made the completely boneheaded choice to get it again on ps3 (what was I thinking?) Hoping that the better graphics would somehow make the game more fun.

It didn't.

I stopped playing ps3 once I was Bumblebee in Hoover Dam/Sector 7.

Only cool moment in the game was seeing Shockwave as a cannon and helicopter and thinking, "good lord please let them make a toy of THAT!"

But of course they didn't.

Definitely going to rent the ROTF game, won't be making the same mistake again by actually buying it.

14. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    A good game. That's all. But I've said it before, and I'll say it again: It's a universal law that all movie-licensed games MUST SUCK. If one game even DEFIES that law, everything will be thrown outta whack.

Except Goldeneye for the N64. That was (and still is) the Jeebus of FPS games.

15. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    And I'm rather the opposite, I rather enjoyed games like the PS2 Armada game, but just could not play that game. I rented it and could not play through the Decepticon campaign. The fliers were all bugged to hell, and their repetetive attacks were actually exploited later in the game, Ironhide was impossible for me to beat, and the entire game just wasn't any fun.

I shall meekly put forth Superman Returns for the PS2. It only vaguely referenced the movie, and while the final "boss" was a supertornado, it was actually a fun game to play due to the way they handled health and superpowers (Superman had no health bar, Metropollis did, and if the city was destroyed, you would have to try again). Some of the chapter boss fights were actually pretty good, like Bizarro and Metallo. Plus, like GTA and other sandbox games, you could keep playing after you finish the storyline game, stopping criminals and fighting bosses again, as well as actually playing as Bizarro for fun.

16. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

It was okay for a movie game, I think it was the first I ever bought since it HAD Transformers in the title.

Multiplayer options would be nice, aside from what has already been mentioned and I find necessary. And how about unlockable weapons? Okay, maybe I'm going overboard. We still need that online game :banghead: 

17. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    this sound good!

18. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Torn between story and playability. Don't know which one to choose. :banghead: