What would you like to see in Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by CorporateZombie, Oct 7, 2010.

1. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    1) Competent Decepticons other than Megatron.

IE: Little of the 'I am a tyrannical genius yet somehow i continually select morons to do my bidding'.

2) Human casualties. Maybe a human body count.

3) Autobots and Decepticons who aren't so sure about their cause.

4) No Galvatron/Unicron.

2. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    I want something that follows in the path of Beast Wars and Animated. References to past series would be great as well. Also like in Animated, I want core humans to be there for a reason. Not doing something that would make them targets, risking the Autobots to get them out of trouble.

If the series goes on for awhile, I would Starscream tries to make his own army to defeat Megatron. Like Animated Starscream had in mind, expect this time do a Vehicon tribute.

3. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    I'll third intelligent storytelling and I'll raise it with proper character development. Trailbreaker...or I should say Trailcutter making a guest appearance would be awesome as well.

4. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sixshot.

5. tide

tide NEON PRIDE

News Credits:
    I'm with whoever said bring back a BW character or two. Animated did well with waspy and blackarachnia. Putting a couple pretenders like bludgeon and thunderwing in was an excellent suggestion as well.

Good writing and a good accompanying toyline are obligatory. And starscream doing the usual backstabbery and soundwave getting a vocoder voice.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    AND decent acting both vocally and visually.

7. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Homages, cameos, good animation, good character design, and an overarching plot that moves along with suspense and a sense of purpose.

8. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    less annoying human main characters, but it doesn't look like we are gonna get that lucky. good plot would be nice

also if unicron and primus show up, I don't want them to be gods. I'd also be very happy if being a prime is a rank rather than a seperate race or whatever they are calling it. No original 13 primes.

9. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I don't have any grand expectations because I just want to enjoy it for what it is, but one thing that would please me is if they utilized more obscure characters.

10. CorporateZombie

CorporateZombie Great Odin's Raven

2) I am not too sure we will see that in this show given that the entire network is for the kiddies but who knows? Maybe it'll be implied in a news segment or something else clever that will go over children's heads.

11. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

-As little Beast Era stuff as possible. The movie style does not work with animals. And I also don't like Beast modes in the first place.
    -Some combining. Whether it be Prime and a buddy of his, or a full on combiner, I want some smaller robots to mash together into a big one.

12. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    Yeah, I know certain themes are inevitable and nostalgia is the name of the game. But what I worry about is story and good narrative taking a back seat to making random shout-outs to the original series. Like "HEY GAIS! Look! Doesn't this guy look just like he did in G1?!" just for the hell of it and then not knowing what to do with the character after introducing them.

13. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Autobots: Wheeljack, Ironhide, Prowl, Jazz, Mirage, Trailbreaker (cutter), Hound, Ultra Magnus, Inferno

Decepticons: Thundercracker, Skywarp, Shockwave, Blitzwing

That's essentially my permanent wish list for every new series, though.

14. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    If the plot calls for a certain type of character, and they already have someone fitting that description in G1, why not use them? It'll bring a sense of history and continuity to things.

I also don't see the harm in background homages like they did in Animated. The plot didn't hinge on them, and if you didn't recognise them, it didn't detract from it.

15. Lacimehc

Lacimehc Tastes like medicine

They worked just fine for Insecticon and Scorponok. This isn't exactly movie style anyway...

16. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

I like this post, especially the "sense of history" bit. I mean, aren't we finally at a point in this fandom at which we can acknowledge its long and well liked history of success? I think so. I was just thinking earlier today about how a relatively obscure guy like, say, Windcharger could drop in on the scene in 84, establish that his character is unique and powers rather compelling for fiction, then virtually disappear from future versions of the show? I mean, a guy with ADD and a really amazing ability to control magnetic material, all of which was established in 1984, doesn't that make for some rather compelling material for some fiction now even more so than then?

17. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dont care I just want to see it now.

18. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    Before you guys go nuts with characters, try to remember this show is CGI. They can't just throw characters on screen like they could for Animated. Especially if Prime's toyline is just another notch in the current Gold Box line instead of its own toyline, which is pretty likely.

Plus we already know Cybertron's a bloody wasteland, so that limits options a bit.

Yeah, that is so, so not happening. They'll have built-in blasters though!

Given Hasbro's fetish for the Thirteen, I'd say you'll get your wish, but I wish you weren't, because I honestly find all that cosmic malarkey to be so, so boring. Keep the characters grounded, I say.

Bing, bam, boom, right on. Keep those expectations grounded, folks, it'll help you make it through the 4-6 years of what may not be what you're looking for in a Transformers show once the slam-bam of Cullen and Welker wears off. (and for some of you, it will)

19. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    - Good characterization and at least some degree of development for the main characters throughout the series.
    - Some logical reason for the human kids to be hanging around the TFs. Something more akin to Sari, who played an important role, than G1 Spike, who was just...around, for no clear reason.
    - No Unicron/Primus stuff. I think the TF franchise still needs another series or two without touching on those concepts before using them again. Even the Matrix and/or Allspark could use a rest.
    - One thing I liked in Animated was the Decepticons being a very serious threat and the Autobots having to exploit mental flaws and work as a team to even defeat a single 'Con. My preference would be for the Decepticons to generally be stronger than the Autobots but, after RotF, I'll settle for the factions being equally powerful.

20. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    Transformers.