What would you like to see from Kre-O in future?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Snark, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I have completely fallen in love with Kre-O. From the ridiculously cute Kreons to the fun, well made sets, pretty much my entire toy budget has gone towards the Kre-O line.

And as we all know, Hasbro is planning to introduce more Kre-O stuff in 2012, and will hopefully continue doing so for years to come. So, what would you like to see in future Kre-O releases?

I would love to see continuity specific sets. I for one, would totally snap up a TFP Arcee, Starscream or Ratchet set.

Also, bases would be sweet. Something like a 800+ piece, Autobot base set would be swell.

2. Bruticon

Bruticon The DVJ Moderator

News Credits:
    A kreo combiner like devy ot brut also the dinobots

3. Apoclatron5675

Apoclatron5675 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A Soundwave set with Rumble and Frenzy Kreons and more 'Con sets because there only being two sucks

4. Ironhidebot

Ironhidebot Wrecker

I'd enjoy an ironhide/ratchet set (being an ironhide fanboy this comes natrually), and a shockwave, blur,and G1 wheeljack set would be cool too, as well as a playset for kreons

5. Apoclatron5675

Apoclatron5675 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    well we have seen an Ironhide Kreon on display at Botcon earlier this year and maybe at SDCC too, and I saw it on a Target Kreon display that spun (really wish I could've got it out :D ), but maybe it's a hint

6. Rod Forrester

Rod Forrester The Abandoner

Cancellation

7. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Given how Ironhide was a really big hit with the kids, it won't surprise me that the G1 Ironhide kreon will come packaged with a DotM inspired Ironhide set sometime next year.

8. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives TFW2005 Supporter

Prime Ratchet Kreo.

9. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just about anything could be cool, but I second Grimlock/Dinobots.

10. darkwingduck13

darkwingduck13 Caped Crusader

Either sets of Kreons sold alone at affordable prices, or cancellation.

11. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

only if Hasbro is unafraid of their awesomeness.

12. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Chalk another one up for cancellation!

I bought the Kre-O Megatron, and was shocked at how bad it sucked. I liked the Kreons, but they effect wore off pretty quickly there...

13. kiyoshioni

kiyoshioni The Knife

Just about anything, i love these things. Some autobot and decepticon bases would be cool too.

Dinobots would be rad, as would the constructicons. Im guessing we'll see more characters popularized by the movies. Probably a tank shockwave. Cyclonus, scourge and galvatron would be cool. Im sure rodimus and magnus arent too far down the line as well. Warpath and powerglide too.

Would love single packs of kreons of more obscure characters, like purple seeker clone, nemesis prime, diaclone prime, bugbite, glyph, etc. basically, have the single packs be repaints of kreons we can get in the box sets.

14. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow that is a really selfish attitude. I personally like the KreO sets.

15. darkwingduck13

darkwingduck13 Caped Crusader

The title of the thread isn't "What would Gandhi like to see from Kre-O in future?"

They could be putting these resources into more "real" TFs. You know all those excuses about how they don't have the resources for more Supreme class toys, or such-and-such gimmick would be too expensive to bring back? Maybe if they didn't pull insane stunts like trying to compete with Lego, they'd have more money to invest in some of these other ventures.

16. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives TFW2005 Supporter

Supreme class. Looking at my Omega Sentinel I would dearly love to see more of those, with the Unicorn trilogy supremes you know you were holding a Transformer!

Not sure I would want a post movie supreme class however. Think of abject mess those would be, all spindly and totally lacking substance, would just be a hollow memory of a better class of toys. Like Voyagers are now the hollow memories of Megas.

Anyway back to Kreo, I would love to see a Kreo kit of a FAR better done Sideswipe that's for darn sure.

17. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Given that the construction toy market is estimated to be worth roughly 1.4 billion, has low barriers of entry and largely contributed to Lego posting double digit growths for six consecutive years, one can hardly blame Hasbro for wanting in on that market. Even if Hasbro only has a small share of that market, the monetary amount would still be substantial, especially given how Hasbro won't be paying licensing fees, unlike Lego and Mega Bloks.

Besides, I highly doubt that the budget for Kre-O came out of Transformers; Kre-O is a construction toy set that uses the Transformers brand because it's the most viable out of Hasbro's intellectual properties.

And finally, in regard to your complaints about Supreme class and discarded gimmicks; it's not that Hasbro doesn't have the money, it's just that they don't believe there will be a sufficient return on investment for monies spent reintroducing those classes and gimmicks.

18. blurr69

blurr69 First time caller

Ebay:
    Id like to see bigger more expensive sets come out. Ones that get locked up with security wire so people cant steal the kreons, and have to actually shell out buko bucks to get them.

Id like to see people actually support the product, so it keeps getting made.

19. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    Decepticons? Only a handful against an army of Autobots so far.

20. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Unicron!