What would you like to see for Generations after PotP?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Michael Payton, Jun 9, 2017.

1. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Hearts of steel is a continuity I would very much would like to see in a toyline. Especially in a masterpiece esque style (which is not gonna happen). So far I have to satiate my thirst for Industrial era transformers with cheepo Chinese Bootleg style stuff.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I'm fine with pretty much any characters. I'd love to see a modern take on Pretenders, and I'd buy the hell out of Minicon Three Packs again if they were updated versions of the G1 Micromasters.

What I really want to get away from is the line-wide gimmicks...I'm fine with gimmicks but it's just too much of a good thing IMO. I'd want to see generations be a catch-all of all different kinds of gimmicks. Is the character a Headmaster? They have Titanmaster engineering now. Is the character a combiner? Release a Five/six pack like in Combiner Wars.

At the core I just want a variety. And I'm also from the camp that I want to see more than just G1 represented. I love me some G1 and it's awesome seeing more of the obscure guys finally get updates but I'd also really REALLY love to see some Beast Wars/ Machines, RiD2001 and Unicron Trilogy characters get some updated toys. Now that would be awesome. Icing on the cake would be the return of the various size classes to give even more variety. Supreme, Leader, Ultra, Voyager, Deluxe, Legends/Scout...yeah. I miss those days where everything wasn't either a deluxe, a slightly larger deluxe or a big hollow leader.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

Could be fun to see new characters once this is over and maybe popular characters from different continuities getting redone into Generations style. Wherever it may be suitable, I want to see the recent Combiner and Headmaster formats be reused. As an example, RID Wildbreak being CW compatible if a toy were released in the new line or a future Nightbeat being a TR compatible Headmaster.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Finish combiners and headmasters that didn't get made. Dinobots. No more line wide forced gimmicks.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Pretenders are pretty close to the top of my list, maybe action masters as actual transformers. Still a lot of G1 tfs to be done, then at least some of the more poorly executed armada tfs. Really depends on what power of the primes gives us as to what is left to do and what popular enough to be redone.

• Like Like x 2
  6. ar78

ar78 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How about Voyager seekers.

I think Transformers needs to go back to the Quintesson rebellion. Something new.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Honestly I'd really love a line with partners that become chest armor... if only so we can get an actual Deathsaurus.

I'd love for it to be a line that doesn't redo any characters we have had since the start of Classics. There are still so many S3 and beyond gaps to be filled if we could stop going back to 84/85 year in year out.

• Like Like x 3
  8. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

They had a perfect oportunity to do that, and instead they cut out even a team member from Liokeiser in CWs......

• Like Like x 1
  9. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Would like to see the CW-styled combiners finished up with Abominus, Monstructor, Predaking and Pirahnaking...

• Like Like x 6
  10. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    i dont understand the obsession with voyager seekers.
    we already have them in Legion, Legend, Deluxe, Leader, and Masterpiece scales.
    we typically get 8 voyagers per line, why waste 3-6 of those slots on guys that have been done already?

• Like Like x 3
  11. Mizzinno

Mizzinno Merc With A Mouthplate

News Credits:
    Energon, Road Caesar, ect style combiners.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Aigis

Aigis Anti Shadow Weapon TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    New characters with classic characters from various series mixed in. Like the Unicron Trilogy but without a line wide gimmick.

13. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    I would like to see Omnibots, a G1 styled classics Reflector, you know.....mail away themed guys :) 

• Like Like x 3
  14. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I think it's cos the leader seekers are only the original 3, not the cone heads. Also voyagers seem a more fitting scale for them, leaders are massive compared to dlx which most autobot cars are well suited to.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Cavadus

Cavadus Well-Known Member

I just want more IDW. For me, the pinnacle of Generations is Springer. He's nearly perfect in every way and one of the best Transformers ever made. I wanna go balls deep in an entire line like that.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd say do a main line with alll new characters. No homages or name reuses. No g1, no Beast Wars, all new guys.

• Like Like x 1
  17. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

More paint, less gross transparent grey plastic...Also, more original characters in the CHUG aesthetic, even if they have to be repaints. I'm getting a little tired of seeing the All-stars time and time again.

• Like Like x 2
  18. ma70er

ma70er HasTak/3P TF Collector, Gamer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Only thing I want to see... go back to paint and tampographs for size classes above deluxe.

No more stickers.

• Like Like x 6
  19. Tresob

Tresob Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Do we know anything about gimmicks for this line? I can imagine them doing some sort of interactive gimmick where prime toys unlock hidden features of other toys using cyberkeys, electronics, magnets, or possibly voodoo...hence the "power" of the primes.

20. Tenebre

Tenebre Sharkticon

What do I want to see post-POTP? What don't I want to see post-POTP! :D 
    • G1 Dinobots (it's a crime these haven't been made in Generations yet)
    • Voyager Seekers (all six of the main G1 guys at retail, and put some of the background guys like Sunstorm as exclusives)
    • The G1 beast combiners (Predacons, Terrorcons, Seacons, Pretender Monsters), using CW-style combiner pegs; redecos aplenty using BW characters
    • G2 CW Devastator and G2 CW Defensor (as exclusive boxsets, which we should have gotten in CW)
    • A new Deluxe Ironhide and Ratchet mold that doesn't suck
    • Runabout and Runamuck (new, dedicated molds)
    • Deluxe Insecticons (Deluxe size molds; Chop Shop as a retool of Shrapnel doesn't cut it)
    • Darkwing and Dreadwind (that can combine G1-style)
    • Titan-Class Omega Supreme and Scorponok (also a Black Zarak redeco)
    • Soundblaster and Twincast redecos of the TR Leader molds
    • The rest of the G1 cassette-bots done in the TR tablet style
    • The rest of the G1 minibots as Legends figures (Beachcomber!; a new Cliffjumper mold, and accompanying Hubcap redeco; a new Legends size Warpath that's not a Megatron redeco; Outback redeco of TR Brawn; a new, more G1-style Windcharger/Tailgate; a new Huffer/Pipes that doesn't have a pinhead)
    • Redeco of TR Sky [Black] Shadow as Thunderwing (maybe Takara will get around to this?)
    • Junkion boxset with retools of the RTS Wreck-Gar mold with new heads and weapons
    • Deluxe-sized figures of 87-88 characters that only got Titan Masters in TR (Fangry, Repugnus, et al)
    • More Legends sized toys of the smaller G1 characters from later years (the rest of the Throttlebots, Firecons, Sparkabots, Triggerbots, Triggercons, Micromasters, et al)
    • A proper Nightbeat with a Titan Master head!
    • Pretenders (articulated Deluxe and Voyager sized shells, with Legends sized inner bots) (if they don't do full-on Pretenders, how about a new, G1-style Bludgeon to replace the ROTF mold?)
    • More screen-accurate BW figures, especially Terrorsaur, who has never been done justice in toy form
    • Screen-accurate, Deluxe-sized BMac Nightscream
    • More redecos of the Thrilling 30 Armada-scream mold (love that mold almost as much as the Classics Seeker mold)
    • Animated Lockdown done in a G1 style (the ROTF mold is nice, but I'd like something more G1-ish)
    • Movie Blackout done in a G1 style (and while we're at it, release the Japanese-exclusive Animated Blackout here in the States, somehow, someway)
    • A proper, Voyager-sized Prime Airachnid! (that can transform into a helicopter and a spider-bot)
    • A new Voyager-sized IDW bomber Megatron that doesn't suck
    • More Generations-ized versions of unique characters from around the TF multiverse (Prime Knock Out, nuRID Strongarm, IDW Tarn)
    Phew! That oughta give HasTak enough ideas.

• Like Like x 4