What would you hold onto?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by shinobisgreensh, Aug 8, 2012.

1. shinobisgreensh

shinobisgreensh Well-Known Member

So, I bought a bunch of lovely figures (and have been bothering people here with incessant questions ever since - including this one), and have put aside the ones I originally bought the collection for.

As a bonus there's a bunch of really nice stuff, some of which I'm deliberating on keeping - out of these three collections which would you keep on the shelf;

TFU Optimus Primal and Megatron - These look great, I wasn't a massive beast wars fan something about the two I find quite charming.

Collectors Club Breakaway, Heatwave and Landquake - if the other two were here there wouldn't be a question, I'd keep these, but with only three of them and knowing I'm unlikely to complete Nexus I'm not sure...

Henkei Cyclonus, Red Alert and Grimlock. I really like these guys, I didn;t think I would like the chrome finish but I really do. I think the design on this group might be my favourite.

That's the bunch, any thoughts folk?

2. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

I hate Henkei Grimlock. I already dislike the mold, but the Henkei version is even worse. Cyclonus is my least favorite version of Cyclonus... but any version of that mold still looks awesome. I like Red Alert, though I prefer the US version's black head. Weird that the Henkei figures you got are all ones I like the US versions more.

I'd keep the TFCC Combiner pieces.... I'm a sucker for clear plastic.

Which Primal and Megatron are they? The United Deluxe ones?

3. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 RLRR LRLL News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    keep the TFCC combiner pieces. those are really expensive and you'll regret it if you sell them and you probably won't be able to buy them back

4. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I'm in the same boat - No Topspin.

5. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 I'm actually 16.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd keep most of my Unicron Trilogy stuff. It's what got me hooked to Transformers in the first place and it had some great toys. I'd also keep my Animated Rodimus since I like Rodimus alot and certain Classics figures like Jazz, RTS Cyclonus, and Hound. I'll include FE Starscream, AM Breakdown, RID Scourge, and Alternators Dead End.

6. shinobisgreensh

Sorry, the Primal and Megatron are the TRU versions, 10th Anniversary. Can't find many of them anywhere, so I might regret letting them go as well. Who am I kidding though, it's got to be the collector's lot...

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'd keep the Primal and Megatron or if you'd like i could take them off your hands.

I'l always keep most of Cybertron, TFA, Prime, Classics and that's it oh and RID Scourge.

8. OptimusLove14

OptimusLove14 Well-Known Member

Anything with Grimlock is an instant keep for me. Too awesome to put away/give away

9. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    The BW TRU 10th anniversary Optimus & Megatron are really htf. Keep them.

10. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Judging by the tone of your first post, I'd say keep the Primal/Megatron and the Henkei lot and sell off the TFCC figures. You're kind of on the fence about completing the latter set anyway. Plus, you can get some decent money back for what you have.

11. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Don't know what you collect, but if I had bought that lot and didn't already own Henkei Grimlock, Alert, and Cyclonus, I'd be keeping those.

The Nexus Maximus limbs would be the first to go, personally.

12. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    They all sound like awesome keepers to me!
    Storage, my friend.... storage.

13. shinobisgreensh

This is from ages ago, but I ended up keeping the lot. I'm not sure that anyone but me might be interested, but I'm updating you because I found this old thread and it brings me all the joy of a fresh bath and pumice stones. Plus I've now completed the nexus prime, so add some salts to that bath.