What would you have done?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Ruination04, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Now that the end of the Alts are upon us, is there something you woulda done differently? Any characters or cars you woulda done? Any toys you woulda renamed? I get more time to think about it, I will post my list, bu for now, I'd love to hear others.

2. shade 0066

shade 0066 Live Fast, Drive Faster!

I would have liked to have seen a hummer, or some other big truck.

3. naladahc

naladahc Plastic Crack Addict

I would have loved to see some of the minibot names reused but not necessarily with just repaints of what exists..

A larger vehicle like a Hummer for Ironhide or Brawn would have been nice.

4. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    I would have passed on the whole line, instead of buying each and every toy.

5. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

More variety in vehicle modes. Up until near the end of the line when we got Skids and Optimus/Nemesis Prime, the Jeep mold was the only alt mode that wasn't some variety of sports car. I realize sports cars are good for sales, but it got repetitive after a while. Would have liked to have seen vans, trucks, etc.

Admit that it's clearly referencing G1 most of the time. Cut out bizarre character choices like Rollbar and Ricochet and replace them with someone else.

Less complexity in the transformations. Some of them were entirely too fiddly to get right.

6. .WAL.

.WAL. Banned

Red H2 Hummer Ironhide.

WAL

7. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    Yeah, a bit more variety in the Alternators line would have been great. I also would have made the distribution a hell of a lot better so that Swerve didn't become a mystery figure. More Decepticons -- that's for sure.

Let's see...

-Black Chevy Corvette as Kickback instead of Ravage.
    -Red Ford Econoline E Series Armored as Ironhide. Either that or never release the Dodge SRT-10 as Prime but as Ironhide but I kinda like the idea of the Econoline better.
    -Modified White Ford Econoline E Series to look like an ambulance as Ratchet.
    -Black Ford Explorer as Motormaster (or at least to try and go for the name)
    -White Ford Mustang as Breakdown
    -Dark gray (or whatever's a close real-life paintjob for it) Ford GT as Wildrider
    -Gray Ford Explorer as Megatron with attaching big guns.
    -Black Chevy Trailblazer as Trailbreaker (I would at least attempt this to see if it would fly)
    -Blue Chevy Trailblazer as Soundwave.
    -Chevy Camaros as the Seekers (Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp)
    -Green Ford Mustang as Springer
    -Hummer H2s as Brawn, Gears, and Huffer
    -Dodge SRT-10 as Hoist and Grapple

These are of course assuming I could get the names Brawn, Gears, Huffer, Grapple, Trailbreaker, and any others.

8. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I woulda made Nemesis available in stores.

9. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

I would of made a megatron. its silly that this line never got a megatron. other then that, I think this line was excellent.

10. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Well there are a lot of thing's I think we all can agree on that we would have really liked to have seen, Decepticon vehicles like jet's and tanks for example.

But in the scope of reality the only thing I really would have liked to have seen would have been one more bigger Alt like Prime. I'm thinking Trailbreaker as an SUV, that would have been the one big thing I would have loved to have seen. That and I wouldn't have done Rollbar and Ricochet, in my opinion these two just suck very hard and I still refuse to pick them up.

Other then that nothing really much else.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I would have liked some sort of van as Ratchet, or a remold of skids.

12. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Drag Strip not Decepticharge
    Blue Prowl released as Nightbeat
    Alt releases of Alert, Broadblast, & Hot Rod
    Sandstorm not Rollbar (or paint him blue and call him Beachcomber)
    Trailbreaker instead of Nemesis Prime

Other Cars I would have liked to have seen were VW Bug (as if), Saturn, Hummer, Chevy Cavilier.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Whoa, whoa. Broadblast? Thats one I've never heard!

14. Brodimus Prime

Brodimus Prime Matrix Templar

News Credits:
    Seekers (prefereably as jets, but I knew that chance was slim)
    Soundwave with a mode based on his G2 GoBot version (he was one of the Spychanger cars)
    Rename Decepitcharge Drag Strip
    Remold Nemsis Prime's head and call him Motormaster
    Different head for Dead End
    Two more molds for Wildrider and Breakdown
    Ford Bronco as Trailbreaker
    VW Bug for BB (but like Failady Z said, fat chance of that happening)

I ended up only getting Hound, Sideswipe, and Smokescreen. I just couldn't get into the line maybe bc they were a pain to transform. But had those Stunticons been released I prolly would have picked them up.

Redeco of Skids with a head resembling Blaster. It was sold as part of the Binaltech Asterisk line, hence the name resembles Blaster's Japanese name of Broadcast. At least it wasn't Billy! ;) 

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Ah yes, how could I have forgotten!

16. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

I think this one would have been the easiest to do:

Produce fewer obscure characters (to hell with Ricochet, Rollbar, and Decepticharge) Why couldn't they have made Decepticharge "Autobot Bumblebee" and made Windcharger into Cliffjumper instead?? I never understood that. Unless it would have cost too much to secure those names...of course, we had Cliffjumper in Energon, so maybe they had rights to the name when the S2000 mold came out. Plus, Ricochet and Rollbar hold little, if any, significance for me.

Secondly, I would have liked to have seen more variety in the types of vehicles, like many of you have already suggested. Fewer ricers/sports cars and more trucks/utility/non land based vehicles (SUVs, heavy equipment, planes, etc.).

17. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

I'll avoid mentioning the conspicuously missing characters like Ironhide, Ratchet and Bumblebee, and the lack of more molds.... just because I think most people would already agree on that. Instead, I'll mention just a few things I wish they had done differently with the existing molds or the overall mythos. These are, of course, all just my opinion, nothing more:

-Left Optimus out of the line entirely, and officially state that (despite the minor scale difference) 20th/MP Optimus serves as the Prime of that line.... and give the Ram mold to other characters
    -Release Prowl as a Subaru, and Red Alert as an Acura
    -Ditch "Zoom-Zoom," and just make the red Mazda Cliffjumper
    -Ditch "Battle Ravage" and release the black Corvette mold as Shrapnel (which would have made so much more sense)
    -Give the Scion Broadblast a remolded, more Blaster-like head
    -Release a second Scion as Perceptor
    -Can't use "Drag Strip?" Fine. But come up with something better than "Decepticharge." Sheesh.
    -Fix distribution so that 3rd-stringers like Camshaft and Swerve didn't suddenly become worth their weight in gold
    -Call Dead-End "Wildrider", and give him a Wildridery face. Release a companion figure named Dead-End with a DeadEndy, face-plated face.
    -Make every figure KISS-Play from the very start of the line, and include an S&M anime girl with every figure

Okay, I was just kidding about that last one.

But you know, now that I think of it, little 1:24 scale human drivers WOULD have been cool! Not the KISS angle, obviously, but maybe just characters from the show. Spike, Sparkplug, Carly, Dr. Archeville, the Wheelchair kid, etc. If they ran out, start throwing in G.I. Joes. :) 

Okay, that's all I can think of for now.

18. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

I would have made more alternator original mold decepticons. Soundwave and Megatron feel left out.

19. butz

butz slippery when wet

Eh, I wouldn't have done anything differently. And I'm not really going to miss the line either.

20. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    My only beef were with the straight repaint figures, which were mostly poor choices. Bowing to fans who wanted a Prowl figure ruined a lot of great figure possibilities. They announced an Alt Red Alert, which would have been the Acura mold. When fans demanded Prowl, they molded a new head and made it Prowl, even though the form looks exactly like Red Alert. Meanwhile they release the Subaru again, as Ricochet. If they hadn't bowed to fan demands, that would have been Prowl instead, just look at Asterix Alert to see how it would have looked. And it wasted a perfect figure, we have a Jazz mold in Alternators and it never became Ricochet, that's just moronic, I would have much prefered that to what we got. As for Rollbar... we know it should have been Trailbreaker, all there is to say about that one.