What would you guys do?

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by cutback4197, Jun 19, 2007.

1. cutback4197

cutback4197 all roads lead to shame

Ebay:
    I recently bought some stuff on ebay. To keep things anonymous I won't give names or details. The stuff I got was listed as C-9, some of it was, some wasn't. All were listed as complete, One item was missing four out of six missles. The one item listed as having sticker wear, is actually missing most of it's stickers. This is the first time I have ever been disappointed enough in an ebay item to want a small refund. I want to keep the items, not return them. What would be the right amount to ask for the poor descripiton job? I paid $220 for six items.

2. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    For sure, ask for a refund. I would.

3. cutback4197

Ebay:
    How much though? I am thinking 20 might suffice, but at the same time I do not want to be unreasonable.

4. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    It depends on what exactly you got and what you think is a fair price.

5. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I would say the refund should cover whatever it costs to replace parts and stickers that were supposed to be present.

6. ROCK_LEE

ROCK_LEE Well-Known Member

You shoulda ask for whatever it costs to replace the missiles. You can't ask for the stickers, especially if toys were g1 and pictures were provided. I dont' see the big deal about stickers, Missing stickers is better than stickerwear.

Once sold 6 seperate headmasters on ebay for 50$ ea listed at c8 condition. There were individual pics of ea provided, when the buyer got them, he demanded that they were missing stickers and wanted 100$, for a set of reprolabels.

7. cutback4197

Ebay:
    I wasn't too worried about the stickers being missing, it was the missles that really concerned me. The stickers just kind of added to it. I am not sure the missles can be replaced, it was a European Clench. I already had one, but it was sold with a Pyro that I needed, so I was going to sell it or trade for something I do need.

8. Killa-B-Killed

Killa-B-Killed Material Handler

I definitely think that you are entitled to some compensation. I deal on Ebay quite a bit and feel that if an item is flat-out misrepresented you should cool, calm, and collectively contact the seller with a well thought-out presentation of the specific issues that you have with the transaction. If he is a reasonable person,(hopefully), he will see his oversights and correct them in the sense of return patronage, and square business principles.

9. cutback4197

Ebay:
    We agreed on $15, which was fair. No haggling or anything. Just an oversight on his part. I happy and it's all good.

10. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Glad it worked out.