What would you expect from a TF accessory pack?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Quantum_Penguin, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Quantum_Penguin

Quantum_Penguin Well-Known Member

I know this is a very obscure subject but I'm surprised Hasbro has never released anything like this before.

Takara did it in a way during Superlink with the repainted energon weapons and Hasbro did make a (very) few minicons that transformed into actual weapons for larger bots, but never before has there been a dedicated accessory pack completely independent of a larger figure.

I think this lack is particularly vexing since most toys nowadays come with no handguns at all (Classics Bumblebee) or guns that are big and kooky-looking so that they can hold missiles (Classics Starscream and Rodimus).

On top of that, almost every figure since Armada has had standardized fistholes and no weapon to go in them!

So, as the title states, if Hasbro were to make an accessory pack sold as a separate entity from the figures, what would you like them to include? I'd like to see them do proper handguns and rifles at least.

2. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    They would have to transform. Otherwise, I can't see anybody but collectors buying them.

3. daMooseVS

daMooseVS Well-Known Member

That's the thing: we'd buy them for sure, but most kids just aren't collecting these things anymore. Mom or dad buys them a toy in the store to shut up and it goes in the toybox with everything else. So, you end up with a box full of three Turtles, a handful of Power Rangers of various generations, a couple of Transformers, some cheap generic store-made toys, and the like all going to war. And big explosions. While everyone waits for Goku ^_^

Otherwise, yea, some neat generic weapons ala Energon (maces, axes, guns, swords), mebbe some cool clip on colored pieces to customize your bot, knick-knack items like Classic Bumble's jet ski...I'd get something along that line f'sure.

4. Alpha Prime

Alpha Prime Ten Years Strong

i would love to have some swords. New guns would be nice. I would LOVE for them to make non-seperating Star Saber, Skyboom Sheild, and Requim Blaster sets.

5. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Various generic weapons, maybe some energon cubes, and a targetmaster or two.

6. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    Lots of melee weapons, no more guns. Or at least guns without crappy flame-missles or "its a gun because we say its a gun".

7. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Guns, swords & melee weapons. Also maybe some "Aha!" accessory that could be used on a particular Transformer. Unicron.com is a good example. They made stands for some hard-to-stand Transformers, Energon Cubes, Cheetor swords etc. An "Aha!" accessory would be something that could be used with a Transformer that wasn't first tought of. Okay, here's an example. Energon Omega Supreme can "power-up" with Energon Prime's OP drones. An "Aha!" accessory would be something that could be used like a OP drone but wasn't necessarily a drone. It really would take some creative thinking.

8. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    junkion body parts cum troop builder.

9. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Weapons, spike and friends to ride in the alts, more weapons, target masters, energon cubes, key to vector sigma stuff like that

10. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

People!
    One thing I've always wanted to interact with my TF toys were human figures. In just about every incarnation they're on Earth and have human companions. Scale figures would have been cool when I was a kiddie. (a MIKAELA figure from the movie might be nice!!!;) )

But then, I guess getting that scale would be nigh on impossible considering no two TF's tend to be in scale!!!

Other than that, I don't really think the franchise lends itself to accessory packs in the same way something like GI JOE does. Maybe computer stations released in individual packs but when combined, form a large base or command deck or something like that would be a good idea.

11. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really don't think there would be much use for anything like that.

The only things that would be needed are energon cubes, most TFs come with weapons anyways.

12. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

Some decent weapons for Alternators would be nice.

13. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

How about a trailer and roller for classics prime?

14. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

my Energon Prowl's gun is being used by Bumblebee, G1/G2 Grimlock's gun fits in Classic Grimlocks hand, Armada Prime's rifle can be used by both RID Prime and Classics Prime (looks better with Classics) and I guess Energon Hot Shot's rifle I'll give to Cliffjumper.

For an weapons pack, it would be nice if we got generic blasters and rifles (like in the BW show), riot shields, a CR chamber. Another idea could be bases for minicon size to Ultra (I know that this is unfeasable now, since the minicon class will probably be done by TF Heroes and the time to make a minicon base playset would have been Armada)

15. M-Prime

M-Prime Banned

Guns of various sizes and styles with standardized peg sizes, melee weapons cast in transluscent plastic ala' Energon, energon cubes. I am just sick of bots that have no weapons. All bots need a gun or an axe or something, it's a fact.

16. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

How about drivers for Alternators that came with some extra weapons for the Alts their selves?

17. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    How about some drivers for the alts that BECOME weapons? I'd buy those in a heartbeat.

18. Alpha Prime

Alpha Prime Ten Years Strong

Some Energon Stars & Weapons would have been nice too.

19. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

repaint some Minimates... they apparently fit well in the seats... saw it on a toy review.

20. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I'd love to see some Classics Minicons that only become weapons. The triple changers from Armada have weak weapon modes.