What would you do?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KingStyle, Jul 30, 2011.

1. KingStyle

KingStyle Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So I sold some extra Formers that I needed to sell off. I sold off some that I didnt want that included: Legends Megatron, Cannon Bumblebee, Blazemaster, Dirge, Armorhide and Autobot Ratchet, and then another auction for 2 PCCs (the big ones) in package.

Now I had 8 bucks a piece for shipping, and since I knew the box would be huge I put them all in one and ate some extra shipping cost. Well the guy didnt like that, and expected all of them to be 10 bucks to be shipped.

In any case, I shipped it via UPS, and I guess they played kickball with it and damaged the box. He is now wanting me to take it all back with the damaged figures. Now I have no returns on the auction, but felt bad since as a collector I would want the figures to be good as well, but I think hes a sealed collector which I was no aware of.

Now the box and what not was packaged with a lot of bubbles and peanuts, but thats not going to help guys smashing it up (he sent me pics of it), but NOW Im getting all kinds of mean emails from him saying I used UPS instead of USPS and since I did that I should repay him everything plus shipping. I then said well, UPS has 100 insurance for each shipment so you should contact them if they box is damaged, especially since he documented it.

What should I do? Im about to just tell him to send it all back and I guess get some damaged box figures (which I dont really care about I have the ones I really want here).

Thanks guys

2. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Let him keep it. It's not like it's your fault.

3. KingStyle

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well he opened up a claim, and ebay sided with him in the matter of about 2 minutes. That's neat! Apparently they didnt even take into the fact that I had to open a claim just for him to PAY for the item!

4. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    I don't know about this, but can't you just close your eBay account and make a new one?

5. KingStyle

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well he won both cases, buyers and get this. He keeps the figures, gets a full refund, and I don't pay anything either. Apparently ebay does that for certain amounts but he gets all of his stuff for free.

Lucky him.

6. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Eh, at least you get to keep your money.

7. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    Thats whacked Serious if there is ever a serious competitor to Ebay with fair protections for both sellers and buyers seller are gonna bails on Ebay in hordes.

Serious meaning close to the same number of potential buyers.

8. Eman7673

Eman7673 The Beast

Ebay is just broken, plain and simple. I bought a 30 day treatment of carbamide peroxide (teeth whitener) from an auction on there and never received it. I opened a claim and got my money back, and when I went to leave negative feedback, it turns out the same thing happened to other ppl as well. Now his feedback is 87% with 10+ negatives in the last few months, and he is still selling lots of stuff with that account. Compared to me, who has 100% feedback with over 430 positives, yet since I had "slow shipping" ratings on the bullshit DSR system my seller account is restricted. This is why I hate ebay.

9. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

He probably smashed the box himself,just so he could open a claim against you to try to get everything for free.I wouldn't be surprised.