What would you do?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Optimus Kharnal, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Optimus Kharnal

Optimus Kharnal Well-Known Member

Not sure what to do in this situation. I have completed an ebay sale and my buyer is not happy with what he got.. it was complete G1 Astrotrain in good condition. He says when he got it that were some paint chips on it.. I never looked at it that closely so there very well may have been but regardless I stated it was in good condition, not mint, not c-8 or c-9 just good condition. If there are a few paint chips but the figures transforms well and is not dirty and with decent stickers, i would still consider it in good condition. I'm not going to take return, but I was wondering should I offer to send him a few bucks back from paypal, or should I stand my ground as it was still as described and he's saying its not. I know ebay has been more buyer friendly lately and I really don't want to get a negative when I have fulfilled my end of the bargain. I'm worried in a dispute ebay might not back me up even though my 200 score trumps the buyers 8. anyway I don't want to throw this buyer under the bus at the moment so I have cut and pasted the description for reference.

*description* You are bidding on a G1 Transformers Astrotrain. He is complete with gun in good condition. I only ship to US and Canada and shipping in the US will be done via USPS Priority mail. I also combine shipping as I will be listing several more transformers this weekend and over the next several weeks. Thanks.

2. tomboland

tomboland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    stand ur ground m8.

3. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    this is why i state in large bold letters in my auction: "NO REFUNDS, RETURNS OR EXCHANGES, SOLD AS IS!

4. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah, no refund.

5. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You can stand your ground but honestly, eBay will most likely side with the buyer.

6. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    Based on what? Auction said good condition. There's nothing Ebay or the buyer can do against that description.

7. Ricky_Stream

Ricky_Stream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ebay and paypal have been...how should i say this.....oh yeah! Stupid as hell to people who actually have a point! i wouldn't hold my breath on them actually standing by you although you are right...

8. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unless he spent a stupid amount of money on it I wouldn't do anything - like you say 'good condition' means not perfect and the buyer should accept any small flaws.

9. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

Hold your own. A few paint chips is really no big deal for a 20+ year old toy. If you said "Mint" I'd side with him.

10. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Stand your ground. And if he gives you further crap and you lose out because of it, mention the guy's ebay username in the ebay forum here so people know to avoid him if he crops up as a buyer for someone in the future. He'd soon be regretting his ways if sellers start refusing his bids.

11. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bottom line, you can stand your ground, but if he files a dispute with paypal he's gonna win his money back.

You could put NO REFUND, or AS IS all over your aution but if he ships it back with tracking he will win.

He could put a bowl of soup in a box and put tracking on it..Paypal will still give him a refund.

Work with him, its the only way.

12. Optimus Kharnal

Optimus Kharnal Well-Known Member

no it wasn't stupid money.. in fact it was probably on the low end of the range for a complete astrotrain at 17 bucks

13. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    Ebay is full of losers like this, direct him here so I can slag his ass! lol...

14. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    stand your ground and work with him, there are a lot of people on ebay like this, i have gotten at least one every time i have sold a bunch of figures at once, even when i put in the description that paint has small chips or stickers are "ok" someone has said stickers aren't ok, they have wear, just talk to him, in the end he will see he got a deal and give up