What would you do if you were the last person on Earth?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MegaMoonMan, Feb 27, 2006.

1. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I've been kicking around an idea for a book with a "last man on earth" premise.

Here's the setup- You wake up one day, and everyone else is gone. Everything else is still the same, animals are still around, machines are still running, it's like everyone just disappeared into thin air right before you woke up. You realize it could be this way for a long, long time.

What would you do to survive?

What would you do for entertainment?

Would you go anywhere you couldn't go before?

Would you leave the continent?

2. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

It'd be like that episode of the Simpsons when they are only people on the planet, and then zombies come. I'd steal a tank and blow things up I think that would be fun. And let all animals out of the zoo. I guess I'd walk around naked too since why not? And I'd never shave for the rest of my days.

3. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

I'd clean out all the nearby shops of bottled water, long lasting tinned food and fuel. Enjoy all the perishable stuff while it still exists, get some last usage out of electrical goods before the power goes, find some guns to fend off the wild animals and then settle down in a very large bookshop or library.

4. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

Honestly, I think I'd get bored.
    At first I'd spend my time driving all the cars I couldn't afford really fast and wandering into peoples houses. After that I'd probably be bored off my ass. I might head to Glasgow and raid the comic stores, but where's the point? There ain't gonna be anymore issues.
    If I had some sort of archnemisis to fight though, that'd be awesome. Or even better, zombies.

5. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

I remembered that a suposed importal in JL wasted his days after humanity was destroyed reading and salvaging equipment.

first probably be on top a building and yell IM ALIVE AND HERE
    Second stock on Foodstuffs and water. go to every library , bookstore, gaming store, and cmic book shop and take every book I can. and look for fuel based generators(if no human in sigth gas wouldnt be such problem.) probably pick every game and move I havent seen, and settle in the best library I could , and hope that I dont leave any book I started unread...and write my songs and play guitar on peace.

EDIT
    yes after a while I probably would get insane.I wouldnt mind If I had someone by my side.

"we could be the last ones on the planet"
    "that wouldnt be too bad eh?"
    "wha?"
    "at least we would never be alone"
    (I think thats the quote from robotech)

to add I would also drive any car and motorcycle I couldnt afford, and mod the hell out of a few-a dodge phantom, and a toyota trueno 8/6

and probably admire the skies for a while with a telescope.

I probably move my whole room to wherever library I went into. and figure how to get power with limited power generation etc.

all in all probably not a thing I would want unless there was someone by my side

6. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

Whatever I did at first, I'd probably end up going crazy after a while.

7. Skor

Skor I HATE U TRASH MONSTAAAR! TFW2005 Supporter

I'd probably grab food, water and supplies. I'd then load them into the H2 thats down the road, take lots of fuel cans and fill them up, giving me a decent fuel supply.

I'd then grab lots of batteries and a few good torches, maybe a generator and head to the airport. Then I'd raid the armoury there and get the HKs, Pistols, shotguns and explosives and have myself a bit of body armour for protection. I'd take my now mobile command center and drive to the middle of London, where I'd set up camp in a nice location, such as the Ritz, trying to ensure that the power stays on for as long as possible.

I'd then more than likely need a wee during the night. At this point i'd trip over the shotgun, blast a hole in my knee and bleed to death, with no one to help me.

Bollocks.

8. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

I might go on for a little while, but humans are social creatures so eventually I would get bored. At that time, I fully plan on finding all the alcohol and drugs that I can get man hands on and have the best one man party that the universe has ever seen.

9. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Load up on supplies, then read a lot about how to survive better, probably work out and do any thing I could to make my self a better hunter, oh and I’d move in to the nicest biggest house I could find and steal every damn thing I’ve ever wanted. Maybe wander around the streets naked for a bit, its not actually some thing I want to do its just well any one that has read the first red dwarf novel might understand this, Lister all on his own in the ship and it warm enough so he didn’t bother to get dressed and well I am quite like his character in a lot of ways.

10. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

It's a interesting question. I am not that self sufficient but I'll be sure to get power generators that runs on fuel and empty all the gas stations nearby. Then I'll find water and food. Probably all the canned food I can find. For entertainment I'll visit other people's homes and see what dirty secrets they have stored away and read all the books at bookstores and libraries. I'll be visiting the police stations cuz I am interested in forensics and go through the files. I'll figure a way to grow my own foods and find clean water so I won't die of starvation after eatened all the foods at the supermarkets. But no matter how well I am taken care of on water and food I will go crazy of boredom one day. Maybe all the Transformers I have will keep me company but they are no substitute for a human to talk to. I probably will get a few guns to protect myself and shoot myself one day when I am out of food or became crazy. :redface:

11. drippy

drippy is a freethinker.

File a lawsuit against Take Two. :p 

12. BigPrime3000

:lol :lol :lol 

GTA was a lot deadlier than anyone thought!

13. Pidgeot018

Pidgeot018 Pokécon

In case I were ever the last person on earth, my plan has been the same since I was 6:

Head down to the local Toys 'R' Us.

I never planned much beyond that.

14. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I would read all the books at the libra- No my glasses broke! NOOOO!!1!!! The irony is to much!

[​IMG]

15. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    You would probably win. :D 

16. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    OK, time to add a twist to the story.

Waking up one day, you find half of a jagged metal disk at the foot of your bed that wasn't there before. It has words and parts of words on it, but without the other half, you can't fully decipher it. It SEEMS like it could point to the way out of this situation. On the back, it reads: "The other has the missing half".

You take that to assume that another person has the other half of the disk, and possibly a way "home".

Would you look for them, not having any clues where to look?

Would you ignore it, knowing you could never find them, and just start your new life alone?

Let's take it one step further....somehow you do find them, and it's the hottest guy/girl (your choice) you've ever seen. He/She seems like someone you could get along with. You match the parts up, and the message says something like:

"Kill the other to return things to normal"

Would you kill them?

Would you try to make them happy with you, alone together in the world?

Could you ever trust them to not try and kill you?

17. BigPrime3000

I would assume I was on the set of LOST and demand a paycheck for my time.

18. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I've yet to see it. Does this happen on there?

19. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

Thats a pretty interesting twist. I like that. And now that I think about it I'd surround myself around a lot of dogs for protection. Dog's are a man's best friend.

20. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I would have sex with her and if the sex is good I won't... but even if everything's great when she got old and ugly then sure I'd get rid of her and return things to normal... okok I am joking about killing her. But I'll at least have sex with her and make like adam and eve :ev: