Customs: What would work best for this?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by ssg4life, Sep 11, 2008.

1. ssg4life

ssg4life Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    http://www.tfu.info/1993/Decepticon/Deluge/deluge.htm
    so i was thinking with the release of fracture at walmarts that i might do a custom of decepticon deluge. he was one of my younger brother's few transformers and i got him when my brother decided he didn't want his transformers anymore. it wasn't until now that i realized the mirage figure was pretty much dead on for what deluge should look like. my only concern is the head.

is there any other figure with a similar head that's small enough to fit on the mirage body?

2. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    that was a tough hurdle for me as well. While I don't have a "box of heads" I wish I did (a goal of mine one day)

The only one I could find was the one I used on dragstrip...not sure his name even. You might wanna look at other lines of figures...

3. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

It was BM Spystreak (or RiD Nightcruz or Universe Firflight) you used, F_R.

And as a matter of fact, SSG, I've been considering what to do with my spare Mirage for a little while, and Deluge (along with his Autobot counterpart Speedstream, who was Euro-only) is one of my options.

I don't know about replacement heads, although considering the size, it'd probably have to be from a Scout or equivalent. Have you considered just retooling the existing one? By my reckoning, you could pretty much just file off the side vents and make new 'antennae' from a scrap of styrene, and you'd have a pretty good match.

4. ssg4life

News Credits:
    i've considered that, but i've never done any modifying at all

5. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

By my reckoning it wouldn't be a tricky one (and frankly, probably a lot easier than finding a head that'll easily replace Mirages, since the odds are good that even if you find a suitable head, the fixing will be different and you'll need to modify it anyway), and heck, gotta start somewhere! ;) 

What sort of thing are you comfortable with at this stage, then?

6. ssg4life

News Credits:
    painting, painting, and painting. i've always considered doing modification, but i just never bothered to try

7. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Well, obviously if you want to get a decent Deluge head, one way or another, it'll involve some form of physical mod, whether that's sculpting, styrene building or finding an existing head and drilling a new socket for the ball joint.

You up for some experimentation? :D 

8. Napjr

Napjr <b><font color=gold>Mr. Internet</font><br><font c Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think you could use either Cybertron Hot Shot or the CD version also, they might be small enough to be used with Mirage and the overall shape is similar to Deluge

9. ssg4life

News Credits:
    i think those hot shot heads would be way too big.

worse comes to worse, i can always just paint the body and deal with the head last

10. ssg4life

News Credits:
    picked up the extra fracture since walmart has them for $7.77. after looking her over, even if i did swap heads it'd require some modifying. so it looks like i'll be doing some mod work either way i do this

11. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I think you'll find it's worth it. Little mods like this help build up your confidence so you can tackle bigger and bigger projects. :)