What would SERIOUSLY cripple your love for this show?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by ngnikolaos, Mar 24, 2012.

1. ngnikolaos

ngnikolaos Well-Known Member

Name one, just one thing that if you see happen in Transformers Prime, there is a decent chance that you won't see another episode, or at the very least, cripple and ruin your love and interest for the series.

Just one thing. The biggest. It can be anything you like, but please, be serious about it.

For me, it would be the death of Starscream (or his complete removal from the show), UNLESS it's done in the last three-five episodes of the series.

And please, no arguments, and no fighting, no vicious comments about other people's opinions.

2. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

This thread is going to turn into one big argument soon.

This is off-topic btw.

3. DepthWave

DepthWave Decepticon Storm Trooper.

News Credits:
    If they make an episode, being all around Miko and her unpleasant fetures, I will, probably, regret seeing it, waisting my time on it.

I do not have a favourite character, so, there is a very slight possibility, that giving me an embarrassment squick on any of them will turn me from TFP.
    Could somebody tell me, which preposition should I use?
    I do not have any more suggestions for now.

4. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

I'm not certain. I thought I'd draw the line when Megatron failed to keep Optimus as Orion but then I realized I had nothing better to do. Also I think I've found the right expectations/mood/view to enjoy the show. I'm going to put that to the test tomorrow.

Most characters are bland, they give my favorite TF minimal screen time, the one character I do like in this show is degrading into something worse than death: comic relief, they've made my second fav an unlikable lunatic and the plot seems to be about humans. The fact I'm still watching sorta makes it hard for me to comprehend what they could do to out me off the show.

5. DepthWave

News Credits:
    Oh, yes, I sometimes think:"If there were not any human characters in the show, it would me nore interesting".

6. soundwaverulls

I didn't say that.

7. DepthWave

News Credits:
    soundwaverulls, it was "oh, it reminds me, that I think...".

8. soundwaverulls

I thought the quotation marks meant you were mocking people who say things against human characters.

9. ngnikolaos

ngnikolaos Well-Known Member

Guys, no arguments ... please.

10. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    I don't think there's one specific thing that would do it, but a combination of lots of smaller details that build up. Not sure what they'd be either - I get the feeling that it's something I won't see coming until it's either happening or about to happen, and it'll put me off the rest of the show.

Collossally mishandling somehing significant, or botching a character arc are likely candidates, though. They may not do it on their own, but combined with some lesser details could tip the balance unfavourably. Small things, episode to episode plot holes and character miss-steps I can forgive - they effect even the most serious shows to some degree, and this is not a serious show. But the large, overarching plot lines (which are the things that keep me coming back, particularly to this show), such as Arcee's survivors guilt and revenge/redemption arc, if done badly, with many a deopped ball, could colour my opinion to the show - things need payoff, if the payoff isn't good enough, it leads to sweeping disapointment.

11. Deltus

Deltus 異種

Soundwave's Screen Time: 02:10

Arcee/Jack's Screen Time: 9731:19'

Nuff said for me.

12. DepthWave

News Credits:
    ngnikolaos, I think, we do not...

soundwaverulls, when you pointed the "plot seems to be about humans" thing out, I recollected, that I sometimes had thoughts that seeing only transformers as main characters, would entertain me more.
    Partly, it came from the facts and rumours about the Movies, where human characters started to leave. I just thought:"Well, at first, it looks strange without the characters I used to see, but I'll get on with it, even, if there will be no human characters at all".
    Then I returned to the point of this thread and noticed, that humans in the show sometimes are a sort of "creeppling"...
    Because without them we could see more epic battles. But you, some of other users, might want to say, that it is doubtable.

13. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

See what I mean?

14. Chromia217

Chromia217 I luv Mark Hamill

Bringing in Ironhide or Jazz or Sideswipe just to kill them off. I would seriously be pissed.

15. The Swordsman

The Swordsman The REAL hero of Hyrule

News Credits:
    If the Insecticon was the only new character model in season 2, and every other new character introduced (and I'm not imagining there will be very many) was a recycled CGI model from the first season. I wouldn't mind if Dreadwing is the only time this happens, but if they keep doing it I'll be annoyed. I know it's a very petty and shallow thing to complain about, but it's just how I feel.

16. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    Hmm nothing really :eek:  I don't hate miko and i'm not nit-picky i'll watch the show through it's worse times Lol

17. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When the toys get worse :p 

18. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The writers just not caring about the show anymore, letting the story got to $#!.

Thank God that isn't happening:D 

19. Dark Neptune

Dark Neptune Autocon

What does? When Arcee dies. :) 

20. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

But she MUST. It is her destiny.

And it will be GLORIOUS!