What Would Of The 1986 Transformers Movie been like if The Storyboards where in it

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by G1Decepticons, Jan 8, 2010.

1. G1Decepticons

G1Decepticons Banned

I have seen all the storyboards and most of them were at the battle of autobot city. But what i am asking is what would yout hink the movie would of been like if they were in it. The storyboards are at this link.WOMBATKING.COM - Transformers the Movie Deleted Storyboards.
    Ti think these stroyboards are pretty interesting. so many stuff would be different like we would know snarlw as suppose to be at moonbase1. Ironhide,prowl,brawn,and ratchet would of had some lines before they died ont he shuttle in the movie. Hot rods adventure outside the city would of been longer as he encounters scavneger and hook before he encounters blitzwing. We would of seen more autobots at the city. We would of seen mirage getting killed. Wheeljack would of lived according to the storyboards because it was planned smokescreen was suppsoe to be lying their dead beside windcharger in the mvoie and wheeljack was shown alive with blaster the next morning and shown alive with bluestreak the next morning when the dinobots crashed devastator into the wall. personally smokescreen would of been a better loss i lvoed wheeljack i wish he would have survived like he was suppsoe to in the storyboards. There was a stroyboard explaing what happen to devastator cause ultramagnus,tracks,redalert,and sideswipe fired missles at devastator before optimus and megatron fought and red alert would of been shown killed. There would of been more fighting with hotrod,kup,arcee,springer while optimus fighting megatron. Trailbreaker was shown lifelesswhile the decepticons were retreating from the city. How much different from your opinions would the movie would of been if the movie had storyboards and everything was planned like it was in the storyboards.

2. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    It's "would've" not "would of". It's short for "would have"...

"would of" makes no sense at all...

3. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Well, it would've been longer.

Honestly so much stuff gets cut from movies, generally with a good reason that there's almost always someone who really wishes some sequence had been left in. From the first draft to the shooting script, the plot alone gets changed so much that they occasionally have very little in common when they're done. Then you've got on set problems, changes and whatnot. Hell, even opera has this. Der Ring Des Nibelungen had 4 different endings until Wagner decided on the final version.

Case in point, at one time in development, Optimus Prime was going to merge with Cybertron to fight Unicron.

4. G1Decepticons

G1Decepticons Banned

i know i just think the storyboards would of been cool just because we egt to see more of the 84/85 line of autobots for the last time before theyw ere killed or phased out of season three.

5. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

Wait... what? "What if the storyboards were in it?"

Storyboards are the transition between script and filming/animation. It's like a rough comic book version of what will be the movie. The whole film used storyboards to get an idea of how it was going to be layed out in the final animated sequences.

But just like EVERY other movie, parts have to be left out and cut. Either for budget's sake or for time constraints. So of course how the initial script reads is going to be more in-depth, have fuller character interaction, and even have more characters show up. But not everything can be included. Otherwise the movie would take several hours.

So I don't get the question. It's asking "what if they didn't go through the movie making process?"

We got what we got in the end because it's what was most important to the plotline.

6. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think the real question is if the material in the storyboards had been animated in the 86 Movie. The movie would have been longer, more violent, and many more confirmed dead. Plus Wheeljack might have clearly survived with the death of Smokescreen.

7. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    i am glad you cleared that up :rolleyes2 

8. G1Decepticons

G1Decepticons Banned

yeah it makes sense it would of been alot longer. I still like ti better smokescreen dies and wheeljack lives. I like both of them but wheeljack was more of my favorite.

9. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Wood dove?

10. Travicon

Travicon Nerdbot

lol! I thought that sounded weird! I kept saying it over and over until I was like, ok, whatever. then I read your post, lol'ed, and felt like a dumbass! My love for the halflings' leaf has clearly slowed my mind.... haha

11. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Personally, I would have liked if the omitted storyboards were part of the movie. Would have loved to see Magnus and co take on Devestator. Magnus got next to no action in the Movie considering he was Prime's successor.

Everything you described sounds good. The only thing I wouldn't have liked was Smokescreen dying instead of Wheeljack who was always my least favourite of the Ark crew, along with Bumblebee.

I probably would have felt the heart strings tug a bit had I seen poor old Trailbreaker die though. He always seemed a likeable bot.

But yes, anything that extended the Autobot City battle would have made me happy.

12. G1Decepticons

G1Decepticons Banned

same here man i would love to see all that cool stuff. I love red alert shame too see him die. Btw did any of these storyborads go along witht he mvoie cause peopel said they didnt. I look at them as deleted scenes.