What would make TFTM Game better?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Soundatron, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Soundatron

Soundatron A Blight Upon The Land

First off the physics it sounds dumb but it can get annoying. You're driving full speed hit a car or tan kand it blows straight off the road, you don't lose any control and keep going. You hit a tree or light pole, you either stop or you knock it down and it completely slows you down and it's stuck in front of you. WTF?!

Character select

Different control setting for each char.

Up the sound quality. Hell add some G1 music while you're at it

Multi-player for god fuckin sakes!

2. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    Play as more G1 characters, like G1 Galvatron. :D 

3. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

1. Gameplay.

2. Decent design.

3. Decent Camera

4. Decent controls.

It fails on all 4.

4. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A decent map.
    Better controls.
    Better gameplay.
    The free play mode needs character selection.
    Sort out the difficulty, It goes from easy coasting to mind-numbing insane.

5. Shipley

Shipley No Topic Required

News Credits:
    Transforming in mid air would be nice. the cars its not such a big deal but having to be on the ground to go to jet or helicopter mode makes no sense.

its really close on a lot of fronts... makes me think Traveller's tales could've had a perfect game if given a couple more months. If Activision holds on to the license, it would be great if they took some time to make a game between movies like they did with Ultimate Spider-Man, which was better than the forced ship date movie Spider-Man games.

6. Soundatron

I agree Shipley, but what could they do though? We have no current TF material in the media besides the movie. Too early for a teen titans er tf cartoon game.

7. Desperado

Desperado New Member

1. Da Map: Honestly....why wasn't there a FULLSCREEN map? That little map was pretty damn annoying and it added to much confusion on trying to figure out my bearings. Had they added a simple button that could get a full view of the map, things would be so much easier.

2. Camera Control: Okay, just because the game is based on a movie by Michaeal Bay that doesn't mean you have to translate his shaky chatoic camera methods onto the game

3. Less Cutscene: more Action: I dunno about some of you, but there was a bit way to many interruptions in my gameplay when i was doing the missions. It would have been nice if they could have at least combined some cutscenes rather than so many mini cutscenes so frequently.

4. Gameplay: If i could do some sorta crazy game transplanting, it would invovle using Transformers but using the gameplay stylings of Star Wars Battlefront II. If any of you have ever been to the website for the TRansformers Game, you may have already tried out the Battle for the Allspark. I honestly was expecting some of that to be in the game...rather than just having drones alone be enemies. And really, if the movie storyline could just be one campaign in addition to several other more free range and elaborate game modes, it would be a lot more fun than just following the movie storyline.

8. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Better controls

Guns that are actually useful.

And pretty much what everyone else has said already.

The game is terrible (not that I'm at all surprised). I can't wait for it to hit $20 (which probably won't be long now) so I can buy it.

9. Soundatron

the map was a pain in the ass. Espcially when finding the cogs, they only appear on the map when you are near them WTF?! Either put them on the map or dont, not only on the map at certain times.

What other modes could we have? Maybe edit your own TF to use? Multi-player co-op, multi-player racing (add in more chars.), versus mode of some sort.

10. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good call on the guns.
    It's kinda pointless for them to have guns when fighting the opposite faction cause they just put up a shield and it has no effect.

Couple of little things that could have been better polishing for it.
    First off, the horn while in vehicle mode.
    Why did it have to be mapped to a button and not just a press of one of the thumb sticks down? Would have been better.

The bonus content. Would be nice to scroll through the gallery instead of opening one image then closing it to open the next, and some hint as to what's new would be nice. Also would have been nice to have the CGI movies selectable and not just the extra ones.

Things like that would make me think this wasn't rushed out of the door as fast as possible.
    We know Travellers Tails can make good games, just look at the Star Wars Lego games.

11. Optimus

Optimus Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I never had a problem with the camera on the Wii version. Just hit the center camera button and you'll be OK. Anyway,

1: Longer length

2:Full map

3: Character selection

4: Multiplayer

12. Soundatron

This game has potential I really do. If anything it serves as a decent blueprint for a TF game. All we really want/need is alot more depth. They had the basics down all we need know is the improvements.

13. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

If it was a different game?

14. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

One good game out of a lot of crap doesn't make them a good developer.

I would make the pedistrain vehicles bigger, I'd make it so debri flew away as easy as the cars did. The flight controls are just awful, raising and lowering your altitude with the camera stick was stupid. Upgradable skills, I don't want to do the same sets of attacks over and over for five hours. Give me some variety, guns had weak and strong attacks why couldn't melee have two unique buttons? Do away with the "ants", the cops/S7/copters that just ping away at your health little by little. Do away with drones that are stuck in an attack that requires something to knock them out of it, let them have those attacks but not as a constant.

Most importantly I'd change how the characters play, each one should be unique and have certain strangths and weaknesses - melee, ranged weapons, throws (should be more than just a toss), jumping skills etc. Example - Barricade can't shoot through Drones shields but Brawl would be able to - Barricade would be better at mellee because of his reach where Brawl would have to get in really close.

15. Turbocharger

Turbocharger We should get more letter

Main things:
    -Multiplayer
    -Mid-air transformations
    -Useful guns
    -More characters

Smaller things:
    -Barricade's lights (drive over a hill with the lights on and you'll see)
    -The instructions repeating (Prime or Megs telling you to get to wherever every minute)
    -Mini games? Shooting Mountain Dew at enemies as the Mountain-Dew bot? I dunno

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

16. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

A larger variety of attacks, I assume it'd be simple enough to make it so that when you lock onto a target the controls change to combat controls. Your jump and gun buttons stay the same but everything else changes to something combat orientated. That way they could actually put in a decent combo system. Button mashing bores me.
    Larger levels. The Armada levels where huge and stunning, why does this feel so small and bland?
    Get a better handle on the feel of the robots. Yeah, they're massive and all but the movie and twenty years worth of tv and comics has shown that they aren't big lumbering dummies. Ironhide has some incredbile moves in the film but he handles like a big brawler in the game.
    A variety of objectives. Go here, smash drones, smash boss gets tiring. A little bit of variety like Spiderman's rescue missions would be nice.
    A more cohesive story, the entire game felt broken. There was no smooth transition from story to gameplay and back.

17. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

all the improvements suggested..... its starting to sound like thins thread is reinventing the ps2 armada game ;) 

18. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Sad to think Armada is the best Transformers game of all time :( 

19. Soundatron

I'm all for Mt. Dew bot in the game :D 

20. Optimus

Optimus Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Mountain Dew bot would kick ass.

And some variety in attacks and missions would be pretty cool. But as it is right now the game is good to pick up and play just to smash shit. I swear running around and destroying things in the most fun I've had in a game.