What would make Classics better?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Ruination04, Feb 10, 2007.

1. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was toying with Classic Cliffjumper today and the thought crossed my mind.....how could they be better than what they are now? They have their rubsigns but I think if they had rubber tires like the old G1 guys had, it would really rock...what do you think?

Other than the obvious answer of making more characters (Only gotta get Ramjet now....), that's the only thing I would say I would want different.

2. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Make more characters of course! :D 

I just wish the Hasbro can have a survey to determine which characters the fans want the most. I am sure we'll be able to see rest of Dinobots, Seekers, and Autobot cars if that's the case, but then again I am sure they have a pretty good idea already.

3. Laquah

Laquah Wanna be a Canadian Idiot TFW2005 Supporter

Cosmos

4. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    Thundercracker and the rest of the Dinobots, oh and new Combiner molds please

5. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Not just more toys, but more Decepitcons. We really only got three unique molds for them so I really think they got shortchanged. Would have loved to have seen at least a Shockwave or Soundwave Classic done.

6. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

I agree more Dinobots, new combiner mold not that repaint old molds, be original. And others, maybe a concept of Soundwave, not the Titanium series nor the G1 reissue much more a modern look. But thats my opinion.

7. _Flashback_

_Flashback_ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    More of them.

8. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I wouldnt want rubber tires. they crack and decay. plastic tires are perfect forever.

9. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    More characters and a few entirely new mold combiners would be nice.

10. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    Wave 4.

11. Don_East

Don_East Wants TFA Seeker Toys

The entire 84-86 toys put into the line.
    Ultra Magnus released into a seperately with a trailer.
    Galvatron having it's own mold.
    The original four Headmasters put into the line.
    New combiner molds.
    Citybots with new molds.
    And most importantly, get continued after the movie.

12. Intimidator

Intimidator Well-Known Member

I'd personally like to see Kup, he has been over looked for a long time, as others have mentioned the rest of the Dinobots, we have seen the repaint of Swoop from brimstone I belive so it is do able even with older molds. lastly i'd love to see new Stunticons but it wont happen in this line, but I would be equally happy with retools and repaints of Energon Superion and Bruticus, but thats just my 2 cents.

Intimidator

13. MrFX

MrFX Collecting never ends...

Classics Thundercracker. :) 

14. TrooperMaximus

TrooperMaximus TFW2K5 Sailor

Y'know Star Wars had the pick a figure poll, Hasbro should do that for TFs too.

15. blueandwhite

blueandwhite Well-Known Member

Licenced vehicles.

The bot modes are pretty near perfect for many of the classics (Prime, Mirage), but the vehicle modes could be a bit better. For me, that would make the ultimate TF line.

And obviously none of this applies to the likes of Grimlock or Jetfire.

16. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not that picky about articulation like a lot of you guys. I think Jetfires articulation is just fine. The only point of articulation I would like to see added more often is foot articulation at the ankle. So many transformers could strike so many more poses if their feet were always flat on the ground, kinda like Revoltech Convoy.

17. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I would like to see the line continue after the movie, even if it is a side line, since the new toon will start up sometime thereafter. Above all I don't want them to be in a rush. I want them to take thier time and continue the quality they have shown that they can do.

18. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Well, of course I agree with everyone that the best change they could make to Classics would be to keep it going longer. But before this becomes yet another "what Classics figures do you want" thread, I think these are the ways in which I think the existing Classics figures could have been improved:

-rubber tires, as mentioned before. Yeah, they're not as durable, but they just feel so much classier.

-one or two more points of articulation in some figures, mostly in the form of upper-arm and thigh pivots. Also, pivoting hands, and ball-jointed heads that can look upward on all figures (poor Rodimus always has his eyes to the ground)

-Smaller fist holes, and fists that look a bit more like fists. Maybe Alternator-style hands are too much to ask for, but the blocky fists and square fist holes on the Classics just make them look cheaper to me. An example of how I think they could have been better would be the fists on the 6-in. Titaniums, especially Megatron and Thundercracker... nice, molded hands that look like hands.

-Slightly more lavish paint apps. For instance, Ultra Magnus' head seems really rushed, and Starscream could use a painted face.

-Better accessories/weapons. Bumblebee's wave-crusher thing is just kind of annoying, Rodimus' flamethrower is not near as cool as dual pistols would have been, the Seekers' arm cannons are a bit too big and bulky. Also, lose the spring-loaded missile features, and put that money elsewhere.

That's about all I can think of... and even those things are really minor gripes. Overall I love the line, and hope this isn't the last we see of it.

19. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

Underaged anime girls posing on the box art.

lol.

20. Wolfguard

Wolfguard Your own personal Jesus.

Make a more Cliffjumper-esque head for his toy.