what would make a good left arm for Energon Shockblast?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Abrogate, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I'm one of the (I assume, many) people who always liked the gist of Shockblast, but was put off by the weight and elbowlessness of his left arm. I was looking at it today and realized the left arm can be easily removed with a single screw. This makes the toy far more balanced, but obviously it looks less than impressive.

I'd seen people give him substitute arms before, though I can't recall what they used off the top of my head. I glanced at Armada Megatron, and it seems like his arm might work, but it looks like more work to take apart than Shocky was. Plus, I'm not even sure if it WILL work.

So, this leaves me with the task of asking for input :) 

2. mat`amit

mat`amit Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    but wouldn't that effect his transformation?

3. Abrogate

News Credits:
    Eh, his transformation doesnt really look like anything to begin with, and most of my Transformers spend 95% of their lives in bot mode. If I want him to be a tank, I can just reverse his torso, cos his right-arm is also a weapon.

4. mat`amit

mat`amit Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    well never thought of that before, but sorry can help with the arm because i'm not good at kitbashing. perhaps someone in the crowd could lend a hand...or an arm

5. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  6. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

i went and swapped out shockblasts left gun arm with the right right arm and hand with it being built into the left shoulder so that he has a better right arm and claw hand with the shield dowl rod tube parts sporting energon snowcats missile cannons to make the shield sport a set of missile cannons ala battlestars super megatron with energon barricades entire right arm hand and shoulder with inner shoulder rotater joint being built into shockblasts right shoulder

all together the new right arm sports a total of 2 elbow joints a mid upper arm rotating joint just above the top elbow joint in additon to a secondary rotating joint just beneath shockwaves right shoulder

in short a completely double jointed right arm from the shoulder down

quite the improvement if you ask me

7. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

i went and swapped out shockblasts left gun arm with the right right arm and hand with it being built into the left shoulder so that he has a better right arm and claw hand with the shield dowl rod tube parts sporting energon snowcats missile cannons to make the shield sport a set of missile cannons ala battlestars super megatron with energon barricades entire right arm hand and shoulder with inner shoulder rotater joint being built into shockblasts right shoulder

all together the new right arm sports a total of 2 elbow joints a mid upper arm rotating joint just above the top elbow joint in additon to a secondary rotating joint just beneath shockwaves right shoulder

in short a completely double jointed right arm from the shoulder down

quite the improvement if you ask me

8. Abrogate

News Credits:
    That's pretty cool, probably beyond my skill level though...

I took apart Armada Megatron's arm, as per my earlier observation. It comes very close to fitting the joint, but it's a bit too long (it wont even fit unless you take out Shockblast's ratchets, and of course we dont want it floppy).

Genozaur, no offense but your post is difficult to understand without punctuation. But I think what you said is you gave Shockblast 2 of his own right arms? That actually would be a good solution if I had 2 Shockblasts to work with. Unfortunately, I have very little to work with.

9. Abrogate

News Credits:
    Also, while I'm on the subject of amateur customizing, I noticed that Shockblast and Megatron's screws came out without any hastle. However, I've occassionally had GI Joes that were screwed extremely tight, and I couldnt loosen them. This was also the case with Movie Big Daddy (I wanted to get to his head so I could remove his Wheeljack ears). What do you do in a situation like this?

10. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

On the latter, I generally find you just need a precision screwdriver with a good grip. I had that trouble; the only drivers that would fit in the holes had metal grips I just couldn't keep hold of. A decent set of rubber-handled precision drivers helped a lot (I got 'em for £2, so you shouldn't need to shell out much).

As for Shockblast, I think E-Bulkhead/Quickstrike's a fairly popular choice for replacements. Personally, mine's getting an arm made from old Multimac parts and the torso of an old Zoid Hellrunner. There's plenty of options if you look around.

I'd have a look at the Radicons forum, if I were you. Do a quick search for Shockblast, you should get a few ideas.

11. DJCHARTERS

News Credits:
    the mod was really easy. just saw off the gun part of shockwaves existing arm. simply superglue it to the ko megs arm. hey presto shockwave

12. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

What about Cybertron Scattershots arm. Then he can have a big ol cannon to roll with

13. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

hey djcharters, that shockwave you made looks awesome, i might have to copy ur idea when i get home! nice work!

14. DJCHARTERS

News Credits:
    thanks victory leo :) , one of the pegs are slighty to big for the whole but i just warmed the plastic at the edges of the hole with a lighter and it slid right on.

15. diablien

diablien Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    what would make a good left arm? Another one of his right arms, duh