Customs: What would Hasbro say..

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by fateastray, Aug 2, 2009.

1. fateastray

fateastray AnakRepublikMalukuSelatan

You think Hasbro knows about these kick-ass customs? They look at them on this forum, other forums or ebay and say to themselves: "I wish we could do that.."

Ya think?

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    yep, I know they do. Rik Alvarez freaked me out with his enthusiasm upon our introduction, especially when "I" was the one excited to meet a "famous" guy in the TF-world. :lol  He was all about my alt motormaster.

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    As REDLINE noted, it has been evidence that Hasbro checks out Radicons, but not for the motivation of generating ideas. It's more to keep a tab on the fandom and to make sure they're protecting their IP.

As far as making something "wishing" they could do that, the answer to that is actually "yes" because we've also gotten evidence where toy laws and regulations force their hand to do something one way when their intention was to make it another way if possible. Classics Megatron in gray versus Nerf colors is one such example. From the Botcon tour in Hasbro a few years ago, it was stated that they'd like to do more paint apps, but doing so would severely drive up toy prices. Personally, I'm glad we get what we get for the price we're able to purchase things and that the sculpt work is generally there for future paint retouching :)