What would Classic Prime's trailer look like?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Blue Meanie, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

I am making a G1 style box for my extra Classic Prime. I want to make a 3D cardboard trailer to fill in the back of the box but I have no idea if any sketches or anything exist for one. If there is nothing I am going to just wing it and make my own. Anyone know if he's got a trailer, here is the box with placeholder images.

[​IMG]

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    He doesn't have a trailer, so you could design one yourself. If he did have one, I don't think it would look too different from the average trailer (other than blue and white stripes going down the sides with a big Autobot symbol on it). I like the art you've used for the front of it.

3. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm sure DON could tell you....

4. Blue Meanie

So no designs or anything existed previously? That's that then, designing my own.

5. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That looks great so far.

And yeah, you'll be designing it yourself!

6. LatinJEM777

LatinJEM777 TFW's Premier Shredder

I got inspired by this thread to sketch a quick one up. Be gentle, but let me know what you guys think. Should I go forth with a roller sketch?

[​IMG]

7. MilkManX

MilkManX TF Comicbook Fan

That looks great! Man your boxes are amazing Blue Meanie. Nice trailer design too LatinJem. ;) 

8. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I love your boxes, and I'm looking forward to your trailer.

For what it's worth, I think a continuation of his cab stripes down the trailer would be visually arresting.

9. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    That looks awesome, but the back chunk is over doing it a bit. I think 3D wise it would work, but have it look less like a Winnebego and more like a Trailer.

10. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Has a Rodimus Prime kind-of feel to it...

11. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Interesting design, JEM, but possibly a bit too extravagant for Prime. I'd recommend a simple design, not to different from the G1 trailer, but with side decals that better match the new Prime layout.

By the way, Meanie... you might want to redo the "Transforms from..." bit. Prime doesn't turn into a race car... ;) 

12. LatinJEM777

I tried to stray away from going totally G1 with the trailer just being a plain box. Cool for a toy that was made in the 80's, but would be kinda boring for a toy made today. I tried to mimic the cab's really cool line's and shape. I can kinda see where you're coming from about the overdoing the back chunk though. Just wanted to try something really cool and exaggerated. More of like a blend between animated and Classics 1.0, leaning more towards Classics 1.0

13. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

I really like the style, but I agree with Nerdling. That top thing is detracting from the trailer look.

And Blue Meanie, I love the box. Everything is top notch, except that front drawn picture. Can you find a better drawn one? Or use the pic of the figure itself in some dynamic pose instead??

14. Cyber_Tronian

Cyber_Tronian Well-Known Member

The sketch looks just as I would have done it. Its mostly important to have the top of the cab as high as the trailer. As for roller, I would love to see ideas for him, perhaps I will try one as well. I cannot wait to see this completed! I get the box first I CALLED IT! :) 

15. Blue Meanie

Thats it man, that pretty much hits it square. Thats the one I am going to do, if you don't mind I am going to steal that from you. It'll be more of a challenge because of the rounded surfaces. Since the back half won't show I won't stress it. The front art is basically the only nice Prime drawing I can find from Classics. I am trying to find something else but nothing so far. It fits with the opposite side Megatron box I am doing.
    [​IMG]

16. LatinJEM777

Lol, yeah go right ahead man, design's OURS then. Promise me you'd e-mail me a PDF of your box layout? I'd LOOOOVE to print one for myself :) 

17. LatinJEM777

I'll try to post up some 3/4 views to further illustrate the design later tonight.

18. Blue Meanie

right on. Should have the box finalized by the end of next week and then will jump on the trailer. Then I'll do Megs and the Classics Seeker boxes, then back to the G1 cars.

19. SonRay

SonRay Banned

Thats a great design for classics prime. Suits him perfectly.

20. LatinJEM777

Tf there's that much time (week+), I could do a rough 3-d model and show you pretty much what I was thinking then.