What would be some good autobot alt modes if they stick with GM for the sequel?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Finbot74, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Finbot74

Finbot74 Dis-Member

I'm not talking about what characters they will stick in the movie because, who knows? I'm just asking what other GM vehicles you'd like to see used as alt modes in the next flick.

2. Sludge

Sludge Formerly NC Bulkhead

News Credits:
    I'd like to see a Blue Corvette. Tracks is one Autobot who's alt mode could stay the same. That would be awesome.

3. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh hell yes

4. Finbot74

Finbot74 Dis-Member

I think they need to change Ironhide and Ratchet's alt modes to matching Chevy Venture minivans to make the G1 purists happy. (kidding)

5. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

I think we should have soundwave as a communications vehicle and Blaster as another type of the same thing and when they are in the city battleing it out all their minions eject or come off of them and start going at it and we end up with one dynamic battle scene.

6. Autobot HipHop

Autobot HipHop Covert Operations

I won't be completely happy till they bring back final battle jazz in the sequel (which ain't gonna happen :( 

but anyways....on with the new Autobots!

Wheeljack - 2004 Cadillac CTS-V Race Car
    [​IMG]

Smokescreen - Pontiac GTO.R
    [​IMG]

Silverstreak - Pontiac
    [​IMG]

Sunstreaker - 2005 Pontiac GTO
    [​IMG]

7. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    type in GM concept cars on your search engine and youll get some cool stuff that might make it in the movie. There are a couple of different versions of the Camaro when it was first a concept car.

8. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

[​IMG]

FTW.

9. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Who makes the Viper? I think it's Dodge, but isn't dodge part of the GMC family?
    ^^^___ obviously I ain't a car gal.

10. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Dodge belongs to Chrysler, not GM

11. Crobot91

Crobot91 Daddy has lots of TFs...

News Credits:
    If Ford is also retained (along with GM) for the sequel - I'd love to see the Ford GT model used for Hot Rod or Mirage.

12. Autobot HipHop

That would be awesome. Guy up the street from me owns one of those. Lucky bastard hehe.

13. janstett

janstett Member

LeMans powerhouse C6R would have been nice (and in Bumblebee's colors too)

[​IMG]

For Tracks, there is an upcoming Corvette SS with 600 horsepower, supercharged LS9, 2900 pounds called the "Blue Devil", that would be perfect.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This would be good for Hot Rod (a 20 year old concept car, btw, called the Banshee):
    [​IMG]

14. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't say that I have an answer, save for agreeing with you guys, but I bet some of the companies that turned Bay down are sucking on their waste-disposal-units now.

15. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A Tracks 'Vette is a must, IMO, also I'd like to see the Saab Aero X concept, but I'm not sure as whom...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    that definitely speaks wheeljack or sideswipe

17. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Chevy Metro for Wheelie!!!

18. Autobot HipHop

One thing about Tracks though is I never knew what his personality was supposed to be. He was one of the Autobots that didn't stick out one way or another for me personally.

I'd much rather see Mirage, Sideswipe, Sunstreaker, WheelJack, Braun, Trailbreaker, Prowl, Hound, Hot Rod before I see Tracks. Although I'm sure there are some folks who dug Tracks just as much.

19. Tycho

Tycho Well-Known Member

Yes, Tracks would be a natural.

Mirage, Wheeljack, and Hound are my most wanted additions to the Autobots though - for their characters, of course. Blaster would be fun, too. As would Powerglide.

Now that was said, I heard it four times, at the two movie showings I've been to, someone saying they want to buy that 2009 Camaro! (BumbleBee) GM has probably made a very smoothe move (they might not have even bargained on it being that successful, but just a chance they took) with licensing the Autobot cars.

Chrisler and Ford are going to be barking for their opportunity in the next movie, I'd bet. Barricade was a Saleen - which is a small car company that makes custom cars as I understand it - buying their bodies from Ford Mustangs - it's not exactly a Mustang - but most people think it is. Ford probably didn't want to directly be the bad guy versus Chevorlet in this movie. However, Ford's GT can be Mirage, but a GT is not really an affordable car to advertise. You'll be able to buy yourself "a BumbleBee" for about $28,000 next year (it's a 2009 but they sell them early). I don't know what a Ford GT costs, but it's not really worth advertising, like Lamborghini is not worth advertising. If you can actually afford one, you already know about it anyway.

That being said, I think Jeep with the Wrangler and perhaps a Cherokee model for Trailbreaker could come on board. Then again, do they still make the GMC Jimmy?

I like some of the suggestions for types of GM cars for Wheeljack. I'm not familiar with them, so I don't know if they're affordable.

But think of the logic in showing SideSwipe or Sunstreaker to be Lamborghinis: 15 million people will see the movie just to have it break even (based on $10 ticket price and $150,000,000 in cost to produce). Out of 15 million, how many members of the audience can afford (or would spend on) a $100,000 + car? For that matter, many cars that are over $50,000-60,000. A Corvette might be the top of the line that they want to go. I don't know the sticker price on the Top Kick or the Hummer H2, but I'm guessing it will fall somewhere in the attainable range for at least 7.5 million people at some point during their lifetime if the advertising (product placement) is to pay off.

But note how BumbleBee is very affordable at $28,000 (with car payments for some people). But a lot of folks here are young, and like Sam's Dad, can only spend $4,000 on a car.

So explain to me what sense it makes to have Lamborghinis and Ferraris in the movie? The Solstace (not sure what sticker price it is) got killed off (Jazz). And don't get me wrong, as an Alternators fan I'd love a Ford GT Mirage!