What would be an appropriate funeral for Transformers?????

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by redwolfbear, Mar 13, 2018.

1. redwolfbear

redwolfbear Banned

Facebook:
    What with transformers being a war story

What would be an appropriate funeral theme. For heroes of either side as they be layer to rest????

Such hauntingly beautiful music I cannot think of a more suitable funeral theme for such heroes folks

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Altered Prime

Altered Prime Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 8
  3. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

Now THIS feels like an original thread idea.

I would imagine something along the lines of a ceremonial procession that culminates in placing the "corpse" in some kind of storage for future repair or reactivation...or maybe recycling o_O . One thing I never understood is why they can't just fix them. I mean, this is sci-fi fantasy stuff...anything is possible.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Mindset

Mindset Incompetence at its peak

Haha recycling sounds pretty morbid :D 

• Like Like x 1
  5. fschuler

If you want to save Cybertron, you have got to get SERIOUS!

This is related to my theory on the fate of Dion...think about it...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Necrisha

Necrisha Creative, vindictive-possibly a deception.

I think, ultimately before you answer what funeral traditions exist, you have to ask what constitutes 'dying of old age' in a Cybertronian... As with exception to cultures that valued dying in battle greater than dying of old age, human funeral traditions would have come from beliefs regarding what came after death, and/or preventing illness/miasma from the corpse- preventing supernatural possession of the corpse...

So, for G1- and beast wars- the matrix, and well of all sparks seems to be referred the most, as well as the suggestion that all Cybertronians are fragments of primus- and thus reincarnated in different forms without memories of previous lives- and although objects and locations are described by the same name- in the case of the 'afterlife' it is mentioned to be metaphorical in nature. So-called between that and the most likely reaction to the most common cause of death would guide whatever rites exist.

Though, my personal opinion is that any continuity that involves an elite task force like the wreckers, they would have a greatly shortened tradition - perhaps sharing an energon ration whilst singing a variation of "the parting glass" verse 1& chorus...

• Like Like x 1
  7. redwolfbear

redwolfbear Banned

Facebook:
    In some parts of the world there be certain old world cultures that honor their righteous virtuous dead in devouring the departed bodily remainS of which the body would be processed into ediblemeat a nd safely frozen then cooked to effectively kill off any possible risk of outbreak from occurring (I am of course reffering to the ages old taboo practice Of cannibalism folks)by outward appearance though they and their strange belief systems may appear perverse in their practices in this regard when viewed through the prejudice ignorant viewpoint of the modern day outside world there is a perfectly reasonable logic to the matter in its way when undertaken in the most appropriate of circumstances. As such warrior cultures go. Each person of said tribal culture be raised to view the men and woman of their tribe as theirbrother and sister regardless of actual blood relations. In this regard ones tribe cod be seen o n many levels as being ones family as well in which each person as a member of said family be willing to lay down their life for the others while at the same time each member be willing to live their life in honoring one another s sacrifice of life in their way.

By their reasoning of the matter none among them be strong enough to survive on their own as aindividual the experience of the grieving process.(that is to say that the surviving person who literally owes their life tothe newly departed selfless actions for saving thatpersons life from deaTh.in their grief that person is not strong enough to have the will to live on account of the suffocating void that has been left open in their life by that persons grevious passing) in its way the practise be as much about honoring the selfless sacrifice of the departed as it is concerning the continued survival of the grieving living.

In this regard the newly dead as one among the righteous dead would have their bodily remains processed into food by which the living person who literally owes their life to the .Newly dead person would devour the food their insuring that the newly dead person who they had known in life as a friend family relative and loved one would live on through that person.while at the same time that person would in their way be. Honoring the newly dead with new life through their own person (as opposed to the newly. Dead person living on only in that persons memories in the past tense) in this way the grieving person. Would be strong enough to go on living and to survive the coming trials in their day to day life.while the entire . while the Tribal family community .Itself would .Share .In the meal as well so as to lessen the burden on the surviving grieving individual. And at the same time while the living honor the dead In.Their way the dead would live .On through the living and one day shall be reborn reincarnated as the newly born. Firstborn child of t he one they saved through their selfless sacrifice

In this wAy the. Newly dead and departed spirit would literally live on through the person they selflessly saved through their sacrifice .Of life

In transformers the re cycling of a fallen team mates bodily componants. Would be a reasonable fictional equivalent.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  8. GoLion

GoLion Uh... Well that's just prime

News Credits:
    Can someone post a shot from the Marvel comic where they had a funeral for Optimus?

Casket and everything.

9. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    autobots probably cremate or bury/store the bodies, decepticons either abandon them or use them for spare parts

10. Majestic Senzu

Majestic Senzu Cautiously Optimistic

Ebay:
    Playing Taps or Amazing Grace on bagpipes feels appropriate.

• Like Like x 1
  11. fschuler

Or the original G1 theme song...

• Like Like x 3
  12. Majestic Senzu

Majestic Senzu Cautiously Optimistic

Ebay:
    That sad instrumental version played at the end of an episode or during something depressing. Hey, I bet that new vinyl record has that song!

• Like Like x 1
  13. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee I must be some kind of nut...

This and the track from the TF: Prime episode, "Deadlock", that plays when Bumblebee gets blasted both put me in the somber mood.

As for ceremonies, I like the idea of Transformers offering donations of innermost Energon in such occasions that was introduced in IDW. I also find myself fond of the idea of Transformers recycling their dead. It might seem a bit screwed up to us, but Cybertron is a different culture, and to them it would be no different than being an organ donor. Once everything useful/still functional is stripped, the body is essentially an empty shell, and would be launched into space (like in the G1 comic) or stored in a morgue (like in the G1 cartoon), as Cybertron is a metal planet and wouldn't have any soil to bury the dead.

• Like Like x 1
  14. redwolfbear

redwolfbear Banned

Facebook:
    I love deadlcok cause prime be a absolutely unstoppable engine of .mass destruction full on beast of the apocalypse when he goes full on .Unstoppable hulk rage like that

15. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

G1 Sunbow speaking strictly, that isnt the case. Decepticons picked up all their dead (quite possibly including the insecticlones if you want to rationalise the animation errors that is) and there was both a Decepticon Crypt and a memorial to the old Decepticon leaders (the place Starscream was coronated). It seems they do place some value to their fallen. At least as long as it doesnt pose a live or die question (inside AstroTrain).

The Autobots had build a f%%khuge space Mausoleum in the middle of nowhere (it appears that the Autobots build a lot of things in the middle of nowhere) and intered them there.

• Like Like x 1
  16. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Gotta ask, because I really dont remember: When in G1 lore does it speak about reincarnation?

17. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Instagram:
    Picturing a Decepticon vigil with all for sides (full hour) of Lou Reed's "Metal Machine Music" album playing.

18. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Launch the corpse into the vastness of space to travel for all eternity.

19. Necrisha

Necrisha Creative, vindictive-possibly a deception.

I might have been a little sleep deprived and fighting my phone's autocorrect- I think the reincanrnation bit was beast wars- and that's where some memories of how reincarnation was explained in beast wars bled into memories of Babylon 5's concept for the minbari- and I deleted a few paragraphs and called it a post. I'll probably dig later and see if that stray thought was from g1 cartoon, marvel, some background addition to the tv/movie dvd's or if it was a stray reference from elsewhere.

20. GoLion

GoLion Uh... Well that's just prime

News Credits:
    It doesn't. Not directly anyway. Optimus Prime is reincarnated, though.