What would be a great antagonist for the the autobots(not Decepticon)

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Flashdisk, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was thinking that maybe the autobot versus decepticon conflict has been used a bit too much. Its always been in games, tv series, the films.
    I liked the scraplets in the previous episodes. It was an interesting episode partly because of it wasn't focused on the autobot/decepticon conflict. Maybe we need an alternative to the autobot/decepticon conflict once in a while.

Do you people feel the same? And so, what would be a good alternative?
    Maybe the autobots fighting aliens, mutants or something entirely new. Comb TF history for various villains that would work well as villains for Prime.

For example:

-Meltdown I think would be good. Out of the villains of TFA, he was the only significant threat.

-Maybe the Quintesson armada could make a go for earth.

What else, who else? Maybe you can even invent your own villains. Just make sure they're not Decepticons. :) 

Also maybe we should get a Decepticon focused episode once in a while. Decepticons versus space spiders!

2. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

(Moved out of scraplet episode thread)

or even better.. No more Autobots and Decepticons for ONCE! its getting DAMN tiresome seeing (insert Megatron and Starscream clone here) forever so stupid and blind they would rather destroy their whole race then to take a freaking break and save cybertron and everyone on it from extinction....

How about I don't know Cybertronians Vs.. something totally out of left field..

Perhaps actual piloted mechs, not necessarily Gundam types, but perhaps some sort of giant flesh-based villians in exo-squad type get ups. I know that idea would take some fleshing out (da da da daaah) but with the right angle it could breath some new life into the story...

Or, maybe something Dalek like, you know not the flying tin cans exactly, but you get the idea

IF it has to be the quints, there better be a new angle on it.

The above ideas are just a few options, but seems like some good launching platforms.

In general though I want to see something fresh... Lets see a story where the "Prime" is dead.. and I mean DEAD, and a "Megatron" is forced to use a small amount of brain power to figure he needs to step up and solve X problem in his place leading allllll the Cybertronians to battle..

On that note

It's blindingly obvious, as much as I like Prime at it's current face value, there is little to no room for story evolution here.

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Bring back Professor Princess.

4. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like the Autobot tolerance issues with the Human Military. Obviously they have something like that planned with the Fowler character, but I feel a huge conflict could arise between both the "good" factions.

5. vipertaja

vipertaja Well-Known Member

Well...since the autobots, decepticons and humans have been used so much, why don't we just focus the show on some other part of the universe completely, but still call the show "Transformers".

It's not like the autobots are any less "tired and old" than the decepticons, really.

Obviously other enemies can appear from time to time, but I prefer to see mostly decepticons in that slot.

6. Skottech

Skottech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    COBRA!!!!!

This Optimus is so opposed to harming humans, so what would happen if he & his squad are put in a situation where they have to directly fight some.

7. morgan1194

morgan1194 kitbasher

meltdown, or KREMZEEK!!

8. Faded-Myth

Faded-Myth Oddbot

So long as any Autobot/human military conflict isn't done as heavy-handed as in the IDW comics, I'd be up for some of that. Some of the recent issues are just depressing with no humor to speak of. I like gritty realism, don't get me wrong, but if it's done in such a way that all the fun is sapped out of it, then it loses my interest. Prime has a great sense of humor, so if they did go down that route, I wouldn't want to lose that light-heartedness in the process.

I prefer the IDW comics when they focus on other aspects of the Transformers, and I'm kind of hoping Prime goes that way too.

9. AutobotIgnition

AutobotIgnition Autobot

^ This. I would love to see Kremzeek again

10. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    I would like to see an alliance between Professor Princess, Kremzeek, and Circuit Breaker. It would be awesomesauce.

11. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I would like to see some bad shit crazy Autobots who got lost in the space while Zeta Prime commanded Cybertron, they would be naturally possessed by Dark Energon, trying to take Optimu's rank [Prime] to themselves.

Or maybe they could create a new enemy who fought in Cybertron against the Transformers long before The Great War [this being the enemy that Megatron and Optimus fought against in their youth], like Cyberpunk Transformers who served to some Galactic Empire or some ancient entity.

The Second choice would be particularly interesting to see how Megatron would react to that, as this guys would be from his old days, where he was only a common Cybertronian, not a merciless overlord.

It would be cool to see Megatron conflicting himself over his past, questioning how he became such a monster he is nowadways.

Also, would he recruit them to The Decepticons or would he fight them off?

I would love a Megatron thorn between his past and his present for once [of course, he would stay on his cruel ways in the end, but with a lot of things to think about it].

12. GBglide

GBglide Furst Fanatic

Kremzeek, definitely!

13. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd like to see Ultra Magnus, or another major Autobot player being a 'neutral' party. Against Decepticons, but not for Prime's Autobots either. Bit of a lone wolf/unpredictable character that stays on Earth but does his own thing.

14. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

I've always wanted to see a third faction of Transformers in one of the cartoons. We've seen plenty in comics after all. Another side to tip the balance of power, something like the Cybertronians from G2 or more recently the Dead Universe-formers from IDW.

I think the Dead Universe would work great in TF Prime, we already have zombieformers! Imagine if Cliffjumper (and possibly Skyquake) came back as heralds to a Nemsis Prime-like being, fully restored, intelligent and undead. It would give both Optimus and Megatron something to think about...

15. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

I think it'd be interesting to see what they could do with the Vok.

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    ^This.

17. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Robot Master, The Mecahnic, Circuit Breaker, The Vok....

The Neo-Knights......:lol 

Ooo....how about a rouge VI program named T-AI...the evil "daughter of Teletran-1

18. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Kimber/Stormer Fanboy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    It looks like next weeks episode they go up against a human terrorist group.

19. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Yeah...funny about the timing of this thread. ;) 

20. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Kimber/Stormer Fanboy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Hmm, maybe someone planned it? A TF fan conspiracy.