What worries you about the movie?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by blackscream123, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Alexander Quinn

Alexander Quinn Well-Known Member

I worried that movie one's "Devastator" will have nothing to do with the Constructicons combining into movie two's "Devastator", leading us to assume that "Devastator" is the Decepticon equivalant of "Bob".

2. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    1) no car chase as quoted from Michael Bay
    2) "40 to 60 robots" could mean 30 of them being little frenzy bots
    3) arcee dies too fast and has little screen time
    4) no Barricade

3. Moonhawk

Moonhawk Well-Known Member

If done badly - this could turn out to be SW Episode 1 all over again. Jar Jar Binks turned out to be the most reviled character is SW history because Lucas tried to force dumb and unnecessary humour onto an established fan base in order to try and win a new one - I hope Bay was paying attention and hasnt made the same mistake.

4. zbrillante

zbrillante i love pigs

devastator killed by humans or just plain killed after a few seconds of screen time. bumblebee crying. optimus dead. jetfire dead. meagatron dead. michael bay dead. no peter cullen cameo.jetfire sounding a lot like animated rachet+jetfire+ultra magnus+omega supreme+g1 kup. twins' faces. robots sounding weird. the fallen staying alive. transformation and scale cheating. wheelie sounding like wall e. the humor ruining the story. other than that i also think soundwave may be portrayed like his cybertron counterpart.

arcee dying too early and too fast.barricade missing.the twins acting like their butts

Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
  5. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

"He be tripping, cause he got served."

You watch...That's totally what Bay is going to do. lol

6. PredaconX

PredaconX Decepticon Combiner

My biggest worry would have to be bay giving Devastator barely any screen time. Or barricade being missing from the movie altogether. Barricade is one of my top 5 cons and i would hate to not have him back in ROTF.

7. Ruthie

Ruthie Well-Known Member

Yeah, Defiance #4 made me shake my head. Some of the pieces presented didn't seem to fit together very well. But it was only an outline of the TFs history and the Allspark's make-up. Maybe when those pieces are fleshed out in a 2.5 hour movie they will flow better.

And that would be a darn shame if it turned out this way. Hopefully, Orci et al wrote scenes that would allow the audience to get inside the heads of the 4 remaining Autobots and SS. They could have accomplished that by having those bots interact with the new bots.

1) Do you really think Bay could resist doing a major car chase containing a Corvette, a Camaro and an Audi? Methinks he protesteth too much.

2) For movie 2, I don't mind that at all. It would be a good trade-off if it meant that we spent meaningful time with Prime and the major bots.

3)This wouldn't bother me at all. In fact, I would look forward to seeing it. :D 

4) Bingo. I'm still holding onto a shard of hope that the "Sideways" thing is misinformation and the Audi is actually a reformatted Barricade. :confused2 

Even if Devs gets only five seconds, it would be the most memorable five seconds of awesomeness ever!

8. Zombiedude

Zombiedude Junkion Warrior

I'd rather have 50 bots with no character development, than 5 with none. The character designs are just too delicious to pass up, and the more the better.

9. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    What I'm MOST worried about is that Soundwave and Devastator might not get much screen time at all. And they BETTER NOT get killed by humans; I'm still pissed at the fact that Blackout got killed instantly with a couple shots to the crotch by a HUMAN....something that's the size of a Chihuahua compared to a Transformer! *vents* Oh, and I also hope there's not too much human only scenes. Don't get me wrong, I loved the first movie, but there was a bit too much human exclusive scenes. All in all, I still think Revenge of the Fallen will make the first Transformers look like a B-movie because it will be so damn awesome. :D 

10. TranstechCat

TranstechCat Cybernetic Chimpanzee

In order:

1. That ROTF will end on a cliffhanger...

2. That dangling plot holes- er, I mean threads from TF1 (such as Barricade's disappearance) won't be resolved, "for time reasons".

3. That the "Twins" and/or the humans get a disproportionately large amount of screentime compared to say, everyone/everything else...

4. That 1 happens and then the film flops, leaving us with no chance of a (decent) TF3 and thus little/no story resolution.

11. Allsparky

Allsparky Bayou Buah/Ex cross-tie walker!

That Wheelie will be voiced by Gilbert Godfried and somehow miraculously kill Devastator.

12. FreddyGruesum

FreddyGruesum Well-Known Member

I totally agree with most of yall but you guys gotta understand this is BLOCKBUSTER! and its a movie made out of a GOOFY cartoon we all loved but u guys forget the TF's always did stupid stuff and kicked corny ass jokes!
    and dont forget that sure the movie is for us fans but also for the young peole of our generation! I do personally think the peeing thing and the crying with the windshield wiper is too much but I expect that kinda crap from both a mikebay movie OR a TF movie! My personal worries are that they kill off some of the coolest characters and give most screen time to the dumb twins! Oh and another thing! We were promised good banter between Megs adn Starscream and they exchanged two three words with each other! But all that's been said! Just needed to put in my two cents about the amount of goofiness! I just hope the intense action makes up for it

13. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That it will be open ended and I will have to wait three years for the next movie instead of only two.

14. FreddyGruesum

FreddyGruesum Well-Known Member

My biggest worry

... that characters that seem invincible in their first appearances(ex: Blackout) get killed really easily by that douche Duhamel or Tyrese! I dont mind em killin em with the help of transformers but... aaah who am I kidding! I wanted TF to literally be invincible to humans so that humans couldnt do SHIT to them without the help of the Autobots! But hey! Long as I get a great show and lotsa robot action!