What worries you about the movie?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by blackscream123, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Bayless

Bayless Well-Known Member

that The GeeWunzs will have their way and the movie will be filled with ridiculous, unrealistic, robots

2. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

1. I hope that any awesome scene with Megatron in it (I think that's him holding down Sam in the trailer) isn't some elaborate dream sequence that Sam wakes up sweating to.

2. I'm afraid that Bay will kill off Prime too soon.

3. I'm afraid that Soundwave will be sorely underutilized and left for cannon fodder in the film.

3. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 Barely active here

News Credits:
    Whatever Bay does...

4. Revan

Revan Well-Known Member

All the combiners, and the pretender. 3 Arcee bikes, Prime/Jetfire, Devestator, the Twins? Alittle to mouch, to fast.

5. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    This, word for word. Especially the bits about human weapons and characterization.

Sunbow G1 is something I consider utterly mediocre. The fact that I nonetheless regard it as being superior to Bayformers is saying A LOT.

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Oh boy I could make a list a mile long but I'll narrow it down.

The Decepticons will be weak again, lack character and easily killed off by the real stars of the movie the humans.

Too much about Sam.

Bay's really bad humor and comedy timing.

Another bad story from writers who are capable of far better writing.

Fan favorite characters from years past will be killed off to make it all gritty or whatever the Hollywood buzz word is so I expect Ravage, Soundwave, and Devastator are as good as dead already.

Another generic mix of other films that just happens to have Transformers in it rather than feeling like a Transformers film.

Old fans just tossed a few bones instead of getting to feel a part of it like other franchise do with a far better balance between for the old fan and for the general public.

The return of the idea that if the film makes money then it must be a good movie and we must all love it.

Months and months of movie line repaints clogging shelves.

The same feeling I get after every Bay film I've ever seen of some cool stuff, but I never want to watch all those bad parts again.

And the return of a long bitter fan war between the defenders of the movie faith and those who vow to hate every frame of the film.

7. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Its just a movie, there is nothing to worry about. Either it will entertain or it won't.

8. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

i may be the only one that actually liked the first movie and hope for more of the same. its a damned movie. you people are over analyzing things are still wanting geewun.

blitz said the fans. i agree.

9. Kranix2k

Kranix2k Spare me this mockery!! TFW2005 Supporter

The ****** twins.

The dumb humor being bad enough to wish I had a fast forward button for the big screen again.

Visual errors distracting me from the film again.

10. _Galvatron_

_Galvatron_ Emperor of Destruction

Yes. I take a very dim view of the twins on their craptacular design alone.

Sunstreaker and Sideswipe would have been so much better. Well, at least we got one out of two.

What worries me most is that humans will repeat what happened in the first film in that they will have too much screen time, and its filled with the most inane dialogue. The humans will also likely kill Decepticons with ease...that worries me.

The corny humor, with mastrubation jokes, BB peeing on Agent Simmons...these just induce eye rolling in me.

I fear Prime will not prove himself also, and will just be a paper tiger, like much of the last film. When Prime arrives on the scene, he should be a game-changer. The audience should take notice. When Prime took out Bonecrusher, it was a vindicating moment for me. It was bliss, although short-lived. I want more of this.

When the orchestra is booming in the background, and Prime comes on the scene to "save the day" as-it-were, he should be able to shift the balance of power on the battlefield. Kind of like Dinobot in Beast Wars.

Prime does not have to be Superman, he can be hurt by his enemies...but he should at least give the 'Cons "...one humongous repair bill!"

That said, I look forward to "Jet Prime" or whatever he will call himself.

11. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    Unfortunately Skids and Mudflap may have more screen time and Sideswipe and others.

12. Roadtrack

Roadtrack Well-Known Member

The human screentime dominating the robot screentime

Ratchet probably dieing

Bumblebee still speaking via radio

Idiot humor

Decepticons still with little dialogue

Devastator or other big Decepticon being killed easily by the humans

The Twins stealing the show or doing something stupid that distracts the audience

13. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only slightly concerning thing to me are the Twins.

I like the designs and the weird looking heads, but character wise I just hope they aren't too slapstick or annoying. I don't mind light-hearted characters in Transformers, if everyone was badass it'd be extremely boring, but there is a limit to goofyness. We'll see.

14. Deonasis

Deonasis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :(  That Devastator could be destroyed by the old 'let the giant vacuum cleaner suck a bomb up' trick.

:(  Extra/alternate dimension-ness

:(  Product placement Product placement Product placement Product placement Product placement

15. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Fixed.

16. Moonhawk

Moonhawk Well-Known Member

What worries me is an overload of transformers concepts. If they are all done well - it might work, but I fear there are too many new things being introduced into this film and it may only serve to confuse the general cinema going public - who lets fact it will be the bread and butter of this movie. The sucess of this series depends on it having broad appeal - alienating the public via confusing or poorly explained concepts will spell disaster for any future movies.

17. transformers32

transformers32 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nonthing worries me about this movie. I think its going to be a great movie with alot more robots and more action than the first one. Megan fox is hot and should just run around in bra and panties. So excited for June 24th to come around. :)  People gotta have faith that the movie will be great.

18. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

lead up to the last movie i was hiding from the fan drama. i really dont want a repeat of it this time. oh and alot of the things already said i feel the same about too.

19. MackemusPrime

MackemusPrime Well-Known Member

I am looking forward to the film but as it is I have a few worries:

1) I really do not want to see Prime getting punked like he did in the first film. I enjoyed the first film but that left a sour taste in my mouth. When Megatron owned Jazz I thought now it is Prime's turn. I could not believe my eyes and was disappointed with Prime's portrayal at the end. That includes the way he just tossed aside Jazz, too. Not Prime in any incarnation I can think of.

2) These twins worry me. I think if done properly they could be good. But I would rather have seen Prowl, Wheeljack and Sunstreaker (in orange) for 3 car bots....

3) The humans should have no chance against Devastator, Megatron, the Fallen or any large decepticon.

4) The portrayal of Jetfire. I found him a major Transformers Universe character. To be honest, the side switching has me intrigued. I want to see how it plays out. Sounds good.

5) I don't like how much the decks are stacked against the Autobots. I thought in the first film it was a bit poorly balanced but in this film it just seems unrealistic they'll have any chance. I really wanted someone like Grimlock or Ultra Magnus to balance it out a bit

20. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

G1, heck I'd take Beast Wars, Animated, or the better moments of Cybertron.

It's a bit odd that when we talk about the movies it's always if you don't like it then you were wanting geewun when a lot of people were just wanting a better movie than what we got.

But that's how the movie talk goes I guess. If you weren't happy with the film, geewun blah blah blah blah, if you were happy with the film sell out blah blah blah blah. People have a lot of different reasons for liking or disliking the film but it seems we have to shove them into some insulting category if their feeling about the film wasn't the same as our own.

Guess I should have added the calls of geewun and mindless sheep to my worry list.