Customs: What works better than SUPER GLUE? ii

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by MechanovaKing, Feb 6, 2012.

1. MechanovaKing

MechanovaKing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry if I'm not suppose to post this here. But i was told on my previous post; you guys would be the ones to ask.
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...541914-what-works-better-than-super-glue.html

On my TFC savenger his shoulder/panel join-rivet-thing has loosened. The bumps should be in a cross lined up with the cross design on the in side.

(That grey ring with the tabs is fine, ignore that)

My first thought like very one else is; super glue.

But this is going to be under some torque and I've never found super glue to be as strong as people think it is.

I can hardly see it inhand, let alone get a picture of it. The plastic grey bit in question is square shaped in the black plastic. And when it turned; it bent the plastic a little bit in the same fashion as a power-drill 'striping' a screw head. (But not to badly....i think)

This is on the inside so it don't need to look nice

Any ideas how to tighten that up?

.?

Attached Files:

2. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    It's broken.....you better send it to me.....I recycle old parts (into awesome bots). ;)  lol

Seriously though, I'd suggest coating it in a thin layer of Future (Pledge with Future Shine), allow it to fully dry/cure, then try it again. If it needs another, go another thin coat and repeat until it feels good on the joint.

I'd steer clear of super glue for this part. Since it appears to be a ratcheting joint (don't have these guys), I think Future might work best here. I'd get a few more opinions before jumping on that though. Always best to play it safe. Good luck and I hope you get it fixed, man!

3. MechanovaKing

MechanovaKing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If i can't fix him i'd sell him (Not at full price of course...he's broken)

Future? really? I thought it's staying power wasn't that good since people used it for ball joints.

I would like it to be able to seep down into the joints. Is this stuff thin or thick? And how long till it cures?

4. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Hopefully I'm not misunderstanding the problem here......

Is it the gray ratcheting piece that doesn't seem to ratchet well or hold well? If so, Future (in thin coats) can add a thin layer and once completely dried, allow the ratcheting to be tighter and better. Yes, Future is used on ball joints that are loos or that need to be tightened up. If you do thin coats to your desired thickness, it should dry and harden almost rock solid. I've used it for ball joints, regular joints, and other parts in this way. It's pretty thin and runs into joints, so yes, this should work for you. Not sure the exact time frame for completely curing is, but I usually leave parts for at least 6 hours to a day, depending on the amount used. For using Future to as a clear coat, I usually leave it on for a full day or two, to put it into perspective.

Hope you get this fixed, bro!