What will become of the game now?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by AutobotSkids, Oct 10, 2010.

1. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

High Moon said they'd continue to support the game as long as it kept selling, and they DID release DLC 2, but with the number of people playing the game at an all time low, what do you guys think will become of the game?

Didn't High Moon say they were working on a patch to fix the ammo problem though? Do you think that the patch will ever see the light of day?

Also, what do you think will happen to the online community? It seems like it's dying out. I know I'll keep playing the game as long there are others to play with, and if not, I'll play campaign.

Heck, even this section is slowing down greatly. But what do you think.

2. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    with friends, i'll play escalation, and i'll play campaign again sometime, but mp has been dead to me since i hit prime mode (so many hoppers now, got boring)

3. apparatus

apparatus pre-Spark toaster

interesting line of thought.

with the waves of new games coming in, example Halo Reach, though I don't own a 360 :(  , I think the WFC days are numbered.

perhaps if High Moon worked feverishly to develop a "ton" of maps or released editing tools to allow users to create maps I don't see a whole lot in the future.

perhaps if HM developed more "skins" or weapons it would re-ignite some of the fanboy/girl fervor.

but all in all, they NEED to take the positives and the NEGATIVES and develop a sequel that fixes all the issues as well as keep a steady diet of new maps, characters and weapons.

and lastly, adjust their prices dramatically.

5$ range would help their cause.

this current iteration of TF was adequate and the fanboy in me was more than delighted to see my childhood memories "take life" in a cool media format.

but in some areas, they critically fell flat.

bare in my mind, I'm pessimistic by nature so take my thoughts at face value.

4. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sequel baby! Sequel!!!

5. BlueFlame

BlueFlame Well-Known Member

They should make a couple of new missions that you can download.

6. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I'll play Escalation as long as there are folks to play it with.

7. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As long as theres still people to play with, I'll continue to play escalation. But I'm not sure if High Moon will do anything with it for awhile. I can't imagine them making a new DLC.

8. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

This is just what happens to shooter games. They come along, some people start to play for a bit, then comes along a major title, which they abandon the old game for. It's a sad, continuous cycle.

9. Master Zarak

Master Zarak Emperor of Destruction

Ebay:
    Between the 360 and PS3, it's sold over 500K units so far...is that enough for a sequel? Because that's probably the only way we'll be able to see anything "new".

10. tohann

tohann Member

News Credits:
    I'll still continue to play Escalation, too, as long as there are people to play with. It's too bad there hasn't been more DLC. Even if it's just characters. We all know there are plenty of characters they could create yet we only have a small subset in the game and in DLC.

I wonder if the traffic would pick back up if/when the game makes Greatest Hits status?

11. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    Right here.

12. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    It's enough for Hasbro. They know that money in the vidja games hasn't always been the best, but seeing the sales of this game compared to others AND reviews/chatter compared to others (especially ROTF), they're getting (potentially naively) ideas on future games to make them better and REAL money-suckers (even if they aren't probably in coding). Activision probably isn't too big on the idea, but as long as Hasbro backs 'em they'll probably do it, High Moon is probably a pawn that doesn't have much of a choice in the matter.

So WFC may be in it's grave, but Hasbro wants to put another game out there, more likely than not.

13. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    Considering how there has been no talk for a sequel, or any upcoming DLC or patches, I think it's safe to say that WFC is dead. But who knows? After selling quite a few copies, there could be hope for another TF game down the road.

14. Soundwave4win

Soundwave4win Escalation Connoisseur

several things they still need to patch:

Glitches
    Toggle arm for firing (I've heard left handed players say they like their character shooting from their left hand)
    Mute option
    Private mode where you determine MULTIPLE OPTIONS including whether your cursor is up or you're name is above your head (for those wishing to record machinima)

cool things I'd like to see are obviously:
    New maps and characters
    but i'd like to see
    Patch that allows full color pallete for both sides. (make an exception for jets?)

The user created content idea sounded awesome but this is high moon. not one of those super developers. they're probably slated to work on a sequel now and the community is being "supported" through ticker tape (the tickertape that is up now is from 2 months ago, didn't even bother changing the text)

15. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I doubt there will be anymore DLC. I'd say WFC is done.

Next TF game will be the TF3 movie game. We'll see how that turns out...

16. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Yup, WFC is done. Movie game next year.

17. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    only way i am playing ever again is with my friends or maybe do campain again

high moon really dropped the ball with this game, they keep changing things that don't need change and they ignore the BIG MAJOR FLAW their game has that has basically killed multiplayer, that is server issues. the way the servers are set up make it almost impossible to play a game online, expecially when they have double experience weekends, they refuse to even ACKNOWLEDGE IT AT ALL......i really feel cheated of my $60, the game they released is worth $40 at most with all the issues

halo reach is getting my attention

18. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

I think this ultimately depends on if Activision, High Moon and Hasbro think they can make money on a sequel. If they do, it'll happen. Yes, this game had issues, but when was the last time that the first game of a series was perfect? Every series has problems first game out, fixing them is what sequels are for.

19. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    I hope there's a sequel, it could be a really great game if it fixed some of the big issues WFC had like the server issues and lack of host migration.

20. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    you had to put the game in the title didn't you.

Christmas is coming up, won't be too difficult to get games then I'm betting.