What? What preference?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Driftscreen, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Driftscreen

Driftscreen Not-So-Mini-Con

I'm sure it's not just me because everyone has a favorite character that maybe hasn't gotten as much toy representation as they could...but with so many good events and classic match ups in the series over the years...why is it that this community always seems to come up with the best ideas yet we must resort to our Radicons or simply just holding out hopes to one day see the characters or even packaged battles we long to have on our shelves as well as in our hearts...

As an example of what I am ranting about...i just watched Transwarped Part 1 from the Animated series (figured I'd give an example which was relevant to every TF fan as the latest series) and i would love a HUGE box set or Rodimus Minors team vs. Team Charr. Why is it so hard for us TransFans to get something like this? or at least all the characters instead of just repaint after repaint... I know its a lot to ask as obviously there is a bigger market out there then just us here...but im sure im not the only one who feels this way. Anyways just wanted to rant (I WANT AN ANIMATED BRAWN!!!!!) and again...sorry to rant but it just makes sense to me to have figure packages like this...guess not to some others at Hasbro....

2. Tm Tarantulas

Tm Tarantulas Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    molds are expensive, they need to make repaints to get profit.

the more molds they make without repaints they less money they make.

if they made that box set unless they made repaints of each, which is unlikely, they wouldnt make that much money so its not really worth their time.

they know we cant make transformers like they can so they feel we should be happy with what we get.

and i am.

sure the more the merrier, but im very happy with the amount of product hasbro has given us for each line thus far

3. Agent-GHQ

Agent-GHQ Accept the unacceptable

Ebay:
    Anything non-G1 really sucks ass anyways. Pure garbage in my opinion!!

4. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I agree. How much would that cost though?

5. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Hasbro as a business first has a responsibility to make a profit. Its second responsibility is to its stockholders. Pleasing a fandom that somehow thinks it's entitled to a complete cast of characters is quite a low priority. It takes ~ 1 year to develop a mold. It costs a lot to develop a mold. It is not fiscally feasible to do a mold for everything and expect a full return on all of them. Animated as a cartoon/commercial is done. Make of that what you will.

6. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    ur funny

7. Agent-GHQ

Agent-GHQ Accept the unacceptable

Ebay:
    I don't like smart ass remarks either!

8. Driftscreen

Driftscreen Not-So-Mini-Con

Look don't get me wrong. I know its a business first and foremost. And I know that we get the bare minimum as Trans Fans and we are happy with it. This post was merely a rant of wishes that I wish were true, but trust me, as a marketing major and business major I know too well that it truly is about the profit. And as any smart business Hasbro does an amazing job making the profit, however as I said before they do tend to the fans needs. This was merely a rant of things wanted. Nothing more. Besides...if Hasbro made a new mold for every figure...where would us Radicons be?

I appreciate the feedback though guys...love this community and forum... so if there was ever a Package of figures from a famous battle or confrontation you wanted to see recreated on your shelves...what would it be?

9. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Who cares ?

10. Evil_the_Nub

Evil_the_Nub Well-Known Member

I can't believe we got that roll out command whatever-the-hell-it-was-called supreme Optimus instead of an Omega Supreme. He was a key character in the series and is perfect for supreme class. It's his last name for frak's sake, Omega SUPREME.

11. blumpy2000

blumpy2000 PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

Any series, voyager warpath!!! I'm tired of green and brown tanks. I want a red one! BLAM! POW!!!

12. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

No. No, I'm sorry, I cannot let that statement go unchallenged. We get the "bare minimum"? Did you not see the Universe line? Did you not see that some of the characters you want ARE going to be released, even though the show has finished? Jesus, some of you wouldn't be happy with the moon on a stick!

13. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    very true sledge, but take shows like cybertron we got all the on-screen characters and then some, same with the first movie (we're getting the shaft again on rotf, like i care, but still)

i just hope it doesn't become a habit to give us 5-6 versions of one major character and 3 of others, but some characters get nothing. Other than seekers i collect by mold,

my last point is what sledge said, we are getting a bunch of new characters/molds from animated and i am satisfied at what we are getting, even without cyclonus, brawn, spittor, hot shot, ramjet, slipstream, red alert, perceptor, wheeljack, beachcomber, tracks, grandus.......ok, not as satisfied as i could be, but still pretty good.

the only one that actually bugs me is omega, he deserved a toy at least, 1/2 the series he played some part in, whether as a ship or bot, but supreme toys are expensive to manufacture, so i kind of understand where hasbro is coming from,

14. menasor73ct

menasor73ct Well-Known Member

I have no complaints with hasbro,i think its cool mp skywarp is coming,also perceptor and the insecticons.my only problem is the poor distribution of universe 2009 deluxes/legends.

15. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    I only eat my moon deep-fried. Otherwise it isn't any good, too chewy.

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Supremes don't sell well enough as it is, why make it a character almost nobody's heard of?

17. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I'm generally happy what Hasbro does put onto the shelves, even if they constantly reuse molds and repaint figures. I just get whatever re-molds/repaints that are generally worth it, like Classics Prowl/Silverstreak/Smokescreen.

18. eisen

eisen "CUT ME SOME SLACKS!"

wow, nobody heard of Omega Supreme?

19. Tm Tarantulas

Tm Tarantulas Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    not kids. which the toys are made for. thats the first seires he has been in since energon. and most of the collecting kids got started after TFTM.

they have never heard of OS.

we have. but were not hasbros market. kids are

20. Mixmaster

Mixmaster logh ghot SIS yoD TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Fist Of Fun?