What we've seen thus far...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by butz, Nov 19, 2006.

1. butz

butz slippery when wet

Since it may be a while till we start to see a lot of new stuff for the movie again, I thought I'd ask, what do you guys think of what glimpses we've seen thus far? has it got you guys stoked?

2. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    yup, the kids and I can't wait to see it. :) 

3. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    I read the "script". It is not what I would call a transformers movie. Its more of an alien invasion movie than anything else.

4. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

I suppose I'm amped enough, in the sense that I WANT to see it.

However I'll admit that I'd be WAY more amped to see the movie if it's at BotCon next June. Mostly because I'm working on the assumption that the advance screening will be extra special :) 

5. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

I cant wait to see it.

6. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'll go see the new Movie. However, I'm not expecting anything.

7. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

Overall I love the glimpses we have seen so far. They will look 10x more impressive animated. You have to understand that the pics where concepts and won't look like that ... supposedly they look realistic and those concepts dont look "real".

I can't wait to see the movie. Wish I had a time machine to fast forward my life to next year.

8. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

I'll pass , thanks.
    This movie is not for me.

9. QuantumShock

QuantumShock Stay for brunch ?

News Credits:
    I want to see how they move.

10. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I like most of the designs and the previews we've seen. I'm not expecting anything special though, just a spectacular action movie with fantastic CGI, but with a rather basic and plothole-ridden story.

11. Viper_486

Viper_486 Cobraaa!

Yeah, some of the stuff has looked Great (Bumblebee, Blackout, Blackout's fig) and other things have just looked plain bad (the protoform figures, Megatron)

I am far from being truly 'pumped up' but I'm not un-pumped enough to flip out and kill people or commit seppoku.

I will definately be going to see the film.
    And will also be buying at least a few of the toys.

Transformers are awesome, and by that, I mean totally sweet!

And I love Transformers with my entire body...

(yeah see if you can catch my references, LOL)

12. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Like I've said before, I won't financially support this movie. If I'm presented with a legal opportunity to see it for free on the big screen, I'll take that opportunity, but I'm not going to take any money out of my own pocket and offer it up for this film, based on what I've seen thus far.

I'm interested - hell, any Transformers fan would be - but I'm dissapointed with a lot of the visual and story aspects of the film. Therefore, I won't support the writers, directors and filmmaking staff by paying for the movie. If a friend rents it, if it's given to me later on as a gift, great. However, the principle of offering up money for the product as it stands - no thanks.

13. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    To be honest, I'm pretty skeptical about the movie so far. It really seems to me that Hollywood has made the mistake that has screwed up so many big-screen adaptations. They've tried to 're-invent', 'modernize' and 'jazz-up' the francise. This has historically never, EVER worked.

Spider-man is one of the few francises that translated to the big screen successfully. Why? Because they did their homework, gleaned what the overall story of Spider-man WAS, and retained all the basic, important elements of that story. Things were changed around a bit, but the look and feel was there, and the essential core that was Spider-man. And it did spectacularly well.

But it's the exception. The simple fact is most movie adaptations of non-novel media fail, because the people making the movie get too distracted with the glitz and flashy special effects, and fall in love with the idea of re-imagining the whole thing.

For a successful adaptation, they would need to dig into what people LIKE about Transformers. And I get the feeling instead they decided to make War of the Worlds with talking cars.

I'll see it. I'll have to, just so I can know for myself. Depending on what feedback I hear, it could be in the first week, or at the $2.50 matinee a month and a half later.

14. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

What exactly do you call Transformers then? In the original series, they came to Earth and continued their war here on our planet..That's rather "aliens invading" to me anyways..

15. Lycanthropic Tendencies

Lycanthropic Tendencies Well-Known Member

In the early script it was far more generic than any Trasnformers continuity before it.
    Many of the qualities that make Transformer stand apart from other alien movies were absent.
    Kinda like how Gobots is the same giant robot concept but not Transformers.

I didn't read it all, but what I did read was almost like reading scenes from several recent sci-fi films all rolled into one.
    It was not good.

However, the script was still going through many rewrites, and having seen how bad some other scripts were that later became decent movies through rewrites, I don't think it's enough to condem this film.

16. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

What he said.

17. HyperGeek_1984

HyperGeek_1984 Herr Doktor

I'm going to see it, no question. If nothing else it'll be entertaining, and I can't see that it'll do badly box-office wise. I don't love everything I've seen so far, but there's nothing about this movie that as of yet turns me off. And how could watching giant robots beat the living crap out of each other be anything but entertaining?

But I really have to say a lot of the people who say they won't see the movie perplex me; you can't honestly tell me that you have absolutely no curiosity about this movie or that come the July 4th weekend next year you'll me so pressed for cash and/or time that you can't afford $10.00 to watch a two-hour movie. And really guys, just quit it with the self-righteous "I'm not paying to see it" crap. If your not opposed to seeing the movie in general, then why not pay to see it they way it was intended, I doubt your $10.00 will really make a difference to Michael Bay.

18. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

I can honestly say that I have no curiosity about the movie.

19. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

IMPO that shows how cliche the Transformers actually are. Since Gobots and Transformers shows were released around the same time. So don't blame the script, it's just the standard formula for shows of the genre

20. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'll be avoiding this movie. On the 4th of July weekend next year, I'll probably have a Masterforce or Victory marathon instead.