what were your dissapointments of the movie line

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by eagc7, Dec 25, 2011.

1. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Bumblebee is like a Diner Guest you can't get rid of after the meal he won't not only go home he wants to sleep on your couch for a fortnight.

Bumblebee go home - You have outstayed your welcome.

2. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

yea; i would of settled for devastator being made up of all deluxe or basic toys. they don't need to all be voyager/deluxe toys or what ever. but it would of still been nice to have a fully functioning devastator combiner, with robot modes.

instead the best we got was a legends combiner. which isn't bad! it's just too small for any of the bots.

but it would be nice to see a cyberverse devastator. using commander size toys.

i'd settle for that! as long as it was more in scale with the cyberverse toys at least.

i don't really normally care about scale too much, but when it is so obviously different, in this case, HUGE in the movies, and all we got was a tiny version, or a megazord version, of devy, it's kind'a disappointing.

i mean it'd be kind'a like if they only made optimus prime a deluxe, and made megatron an leader.

wait, hasbro's done that before, nvm :lol 

3. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dotm... Compared to what we had gotten in rotf, dotm is a sad sad step in the backwards direction... Makes my heart break to say that...

4. Slip►Stream

Slip►Stream Seeker Clone

News Credits:
    Released figures:
    ROTF Supreme Devastator with no individual bots for the constructicons
    ROTF HA Bumblebee
    DOTM Leader Ironhide
    DOTM HA Soundwave
    DOTM as a whole (simplified transformations a fewer paint apps)

Unreleased or rumored figures:
    ROTF Leader Blackout
    DOTM Leader Megatron

5. -Sideways-

-Sideways- Dimensional Mercenary

How fucking ******ed the DOTM voyager Prime figures are here in the states...
    HERP DERP HEAT SHIELDS AND GIANT GAS TANKS. -_- HasTak was doing SO WELL with the Optimus figures wth happened and don't get me started on Ultimate Forearm Prime...

That's my biggest disappointment besides the laziness on the paint apps on a few of the DOTM figures *COUGH* Sideswipe *COUGH* Soundwave *COUGH*

and to continue on What RedAlert Rescue said... HASBRO WHY SO MUCH GOD DAMN BUMBLEBEE WE GET IT HES POPULAR WITH THE KIDS BUT WHY SO MANY GOD DAMN REDECOS!

sorry for the rage... haven't slept well in the last few days..

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

My big disappointment is that the Transformers Prime toys had to get pushed back and the Generations stuff had to go on another break because the movie toys have to be all that Hasbro and the retailers focus on around movie time. Just not very fun ending up on the bottom of the priorities list.

The movie toys don't really appeal to me and I don't collect them so just getting in the way of things I want to collect and looking at the shelf warmers as I wait on the stuff I'm interested in is about the extent of my movie figure knowledge.

7. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    My biggest disappointment of the movie line(s) is that they took the focus away from Classics and Animated. But these movie toys did very well for Hasbro and I know loads of people who love them, so whilst they're not for me, I'm glad they're about.

8. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

For me just the lack of a Devastator made up by individual figures. The EZ one is great but I wish we had one on a bigger scale. Also the lack of an Optimus trailer that turned into a weapons circle. And the somewhat forced Optimus/Jetfire combination. And the lack of weapons for a leader Ironhide.

9. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Human Alliance - Could've gone into an actuall Ultra class with characters such as Ironhide and Starscream
    Red Flames on Sidesarm Sideswipe
    The Overwhelming presence of Bumblebee
    Fake window boobs an all but one of any Voyager Prime character including Sentinel
    The simplicity of some of the DOTM toys
    The releae dates of Que and Soundwave
    Only one good DOTM Leader - Bumblebee and Ironhide pretty much suck
    Lack of good Bumblebees until BB:BB... and of course the one I have has a horrible leg problem making me prefer the DOTM DLX more

10. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Let's see...

- No Leader Blackout
    - No DOTM Leader Megatron yet
    - That the DOTM line is constantly coming out with new Bumblebee repaints, that they keep pushing back releases of figures of Soundwave and Dino/Mirage that I feel should have been released by now
    - Both Movie Leader and ROTF Leader Megatron figures sucked
    - ROTF Devastator is just the Constructicons in vehicle mode, that the Constructicons don't transform into individual robots at all
    - HA Barricade only has one hand, with the other being his spoke tire weapon

Regardless of those disappointments, I still love the movie toy lines and it's the movie toys that make up the majority of my collection.

11. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Devastator complaints bring something to mind. While I agree transforming constructicons would have been cool, what really kills me (and why I never got Devastator) is that they couldn't at least do a better job with the sculpting and articulation on that monster thing. They didn't even have to worry about transformations complicating things. There was no excuse for that thing to look like a giant fisher price toy. But that's pretty much all it was.

12. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Well, only two really... The lack of leader DOTM Megatron, and HA Soundwave taking his damn sweet time getting here.

Oh and on a very minor level... Leader SS not having wrist articulation. It really takes what would be a perfect figure a couple steps down. I know there are solutions to this but I don't want to cut my figure for it. Maybe if I find a good local customizer I could ask someone to do it for me.

13. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    Whilst I appreciate that the success of the movies (and their toys) has bolstered the brand I love, it really grinds my gears that Classics has been displaced over and over again by years of a design style I'm not fond of. I bought a few TFTM toys, have 1 left, have 2 Rotf toy, and none from DOTM. At the same time I've gone bonkers w third party and customs filling my classics voids. Ultimately, I fear the influence of the movies' success will drive aesthetic choices for a while to come

14. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    The lack of wrist articulation on several figures including, but not limited to: ROTF Leader SS, DOTM Nitro BB, DOTM Shockwave, and etc.

15. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Lack of real Bumblebee and Prime redecos. C'mon, throw us a Cliffjumper or Nemesis Prime repaint. The fact this has spilled over into every line (last domestic wide release of a Prime mold in anything but red and blue? Nightwatch Prime BUMPER BATTLER in the Animated line).

Prime keeps getting great molds but... they all look so similar I have utterly lost interest.

16. LeTigre

LeTigre Meat popsicle

They also barely reused the best molds of either character. At least stateside, Leader and Battle Blades Prime only got one redeco (and both were lackluster in effort.) Meanwhile with Bumblebee, they only redeco'd the HA figure once, and the superb Battle Ops wasn't at all except for an exclusive. And the Battle Blades mold was never redeco'd at all(!), this while the DOTM line was a veritable redeco orgy of deluxe Bumblebee figures.

17. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

This pretty much sums it up for me as well. I'm ready for a Transformers section that has nothing that even remotely resembles the movie style for a while.

Also, ROTF Leader Jetfire. Fuck you to whoever designed that piece of shit! I've never hated a toy as much as that thing!

18. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    No Mirage? He was in the movie.

Also crankcases cliped fingers were a disappointment.

Grey plastic that could have used silver paint.

19. Koolimus Prime

Koolimus Prime Weapons Expert

^ this, and :horse: No DOTM Deluxe Mirage:deadhorse: 

20. kaiserlisk

kaiserlisk Squid Kid

News Credits:
    Just a few disappointments:

-They keep dropping the ball on Megatron in favor of Optimus Prime. Movie 1 Leader was lackluster compared to Movie 1 Leader Optimus, especially with its back-heaviness and lack of articulation for a figure of its size. The Voyager was an improvement, but it was so simplistic and the ice isn't very appealing. Then we have ROTF, where you have a leader Megatron who had to compete with another improved Optimus with nothing but a relatively simplistic transformation and gimmick-laden arm. Megatron's Voyager was OK, but it was just so short compared to the repainted Movie 1 Voyager Optimus. DOTM Megatron bested DOTM Voyager Optimus, but Optimus still gets an $80 Ultimate toy and more.

-Also lack of a few molds that I'd like to see made:
    -Elita-1
    -the rest of the Constructicons
    -Protoforms