what were your dissapointments of the movie line

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by eagc7, Dec 25, 2011.

1. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    what were the most dissapoiting thing from the movie line for youself, like when u found out such figure was fake, like when such figure was cancelled or something, when you found out the mold was not what you were hoping, when you specualted that toy was from other size line on the movie line, only to found it was not from that size (like when you guys thought DOTM Voyager Optimus was a FAB, only to find out the opposite), When you found out that a certain toy was a costum but it ended up beign an actual toy from hasbro

or something else?

i personally have no dissapointments of course

2. TFtoycollector

TFtoycollector I'm British i am

News Credits:
    No dissapointments from the toys that were released, but dissapointment for toys we never got but should've got, like:

Leader class blackout
    Leader class bonecrusher
    Voyager bonecrusher
    Human Alliance Jolt
    Human alliance Sideways

There are more, but i'll leave it to someone else.

3. LordShockwave

LordShockwave Harold of Power.

News Credits:
    probably that at my walmart they NEVER stalked the TF1 preview figs so i didnt get prime
    and probably how bad ROTF leader megs and DOTM leader Ironhide figures were...at least to me but i had really high expectations with both of them. ironhide's gears in his arm wepons were all stripped right-outta-box

4. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Let's see...

An inaccurate ROTF Leader class Megatron
    No ROTF Buster Optimus Prime with faceplate
    No ROTF Deluxe and/or Voyager class Hightower, Overload, and Scrapper figures
    No ROTF Voyager class Soundwave

5. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

That the movie toys are still being made. I only say this because i have no major disappointments with it. The movie lines have been solid and i love the toys i got from it. Just that movie toys have been going for so long i am bored with the aesthetic.

6. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    DOTM Soundwave.

The HA version more than the deluxe, but fact is, that design in the movie is fucking glorious... like, jaw dropping... then the toys just don't do it any kind of justice.

It's sad.

7. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No leader DotM Megatron. That's about it, really.

8. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

There was one, actually. Only, it was a Takara Asia exclusive and only available as a two pack with Leader Jetfire.

9. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    The fact that its taking a long ass time to simply finish up the DOTM toy line.

The movie has been out on DVD for a couple months now and we are still waiting on Wave 6...

They put it off for some reason, possibly the Prime toys, but not even those are on shelves yet...

10. OptimusScream

OptimusScream 5 SECOND LEADER

News Credits:
    no leader ratchet
    no ha dino

11. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I always expect Movie toys to be horrible and then if I find they are not like Topspin or Dlx Optimus then it's a really nice surprise - it would be very foolish to get your hopes up about Movie toys as in general they are not that Brilliant - I think the term I'd use most of often is "They are all right I suppose" The biggest problem was that in many cases the newer DOTM versions of a Character were not equal to; let alone superior to the ROTF equivalent.

I'm happy to shovel them under a rug labelled 2011 and write off 2011's Movie toys as another 1988.

Aside from the odd Generations HA or PCC toy this year was pretty much ruled by the third parties... and I expect next year will be as well.

12. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This sums a lot of it up.

DOTM toyline was very disappointing. Both for the WTF with Soundwave and Que being released after the line ended?!?!? The lack of Dino (not necessarily Hasbro's fault, but given everything else they've screwed up it's hard to be understanding).

13. ThunderbeePrime

ThunderbeePrime Loved Botcon 2012

The fact that the DOTM toys are smaller bugs me.

14. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

the biggest disappointing thing to me about the movie line, isn't the figures themselves. but the gimmicks shoved in to them. and then the "shell" formers. or panels or what ever you want to call them.

they're just a big pain in the ass to transform because of it. while they do still look great, they're just a big pain.

but this seems to be one thing that DOTM and PRIME is not having.

i just do not want to spend awhile trying to line up a bunch of parts, so they are perfectly matched.

i do like complex transformations, sure, but i also don't like them being overly frustrating.

if i am having trouble transforming like, ROTF leader Optimus, then how is an 8 year old going to do it?

but that was the ONE aspect i really didn't like about the movie toys. not the aesthetics, not the poorly done gimmicks, not any particular figure, but the panels!

the thing is i don't even mind shell formers, or even panels that much. just as long as they're not needing to be exactly lined up.

transformers these days have a lot of ball joints, ratchets, hinges, and ect. all these just make it more difficult to transform, when including thin panels, that are normally easily scratched, or broken.

panels are ok, when used moderately. but when they design an entire figure around it, that is when it's no longer fun to me.

i do know a lot of beast wars figures had this problem too. but for some reason with the beast wars figures, it was just easier. well not to mention, once you got them into beast mode, they had moving parts, other then wheels :lol 

15. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    The only movie toys I have are Shockwave, Laserbeak, and the three Seekers - those guys are pretty solid.

Love the Cyberverse toys, especially Soundwave.

16. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Complex transformations (though DotM seem to be much easier compared to RotF across the board) that cause me to never ever want to transform a figure (hello Leader Optimus...and I own seven fucking versions of that toy, so I obviously don't dislike the mold itself)

Certain gimmicks spoiling or outright ruining a toy that could've been better (Leader Ironhide, RotF Prime's combination with Jetfire not working as a combiner well or as a toy itself for Jetfire, Ultimate Bumblebee)

The lack of a truly satisfying Megatron toy (the DotM Voyager is cool...but short for a Voyager and there is no Leader version to compensate)

The lack of creativity for redecoes of most of the main characters, primarily Optimus and Bumblebee, starting with RotF (if they're the big sellers and you want to offer them in a variety of ways, fine, I get that, but when so many of the redecoes are only slightly different from the original versions it bugs the crap out of me and comes off as laziness)

That the best Deluxe Bumblebee mold (Battle Blade) still has not been whored out as a redeco candidate, in spite of all of the other Bumblebee redecoes mentioned above

That some of the redecoes I was actually excited about (Megatron Rising, Sideways Sneak Attack, that Breacher redeco) or at least slightly interested in (RtS Strafe, Blueberry Fallen) were either canceled or barely had any (belated) retail presence whatsoever.

That the "combiner" Devastator's components had no 'bot modes, despite the movieverse Devs not having a humanoid form like most other combiners, which I would've thought would've given Hasbro more leeway regarding the Deluxe and Voyager Constructicons to include a third "body part" mode, since they didn't have to worry about one of them forming a humanoid hand/arm but an "armish thing" with some claws for "fingers."

17. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    how small they are

18. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Topspin is more or less normal size.

19. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The look and feel of the plastic used in most the DOTM line. It's just unappealing.
    Oh, and the flaking/rubbing off pretty easy.

20. GPTF01

GPTF01 Well-Known Member

DOTM voyager ironhide

the arms are horrible and ruins the figure for me

other then that most of the toys have been pretty good

and the bumblebee repaints flooding the shelfs.