what were those dinosaur toys.....

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by deceptifocus, Sep 20, 2007.

1. deceptifocus

deceptifocus *Supercharged*

Ebay:
    a friend brought them up and i remembered them, neither of us can find them, they came out in the late 80s early 90s, they had little cavemen that came w/ them, and were pretty decent sized dinosaurs all the way up to HUGE dinosaurs and they had a logo of a bronotosaurus making a circle w/ its neck and tail on it, anyone know what they were called or made by?

2. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i was gonna say dion rider but then you said cavemen.

3. Kid Icarus

Kid Icarus Castlevaniac

The only thing that even remotely springs to mind is the Dino Riders line by Tyco. Except those guys were snakemen, ant people, etc. Oh and a human side too but they weren't nearly as cool.

:p 

I do remember of a knockoff brand or a reuse of the dinosaur molds somewhere else down the road for a realistic toyline, though...for a museum like brand or something...

-Pit-

4. deceptifocus

Ebay:
    ok found the one i used to have but cant find the huge brachiosaur or trex we use to know
    [​IMG]

5. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man, I have no idea...especially the logo part! But the line sounds cool! However, I do remember that the "cavemen" came from an "Ice Age" series.

Deceptfocus - can you post pictures? I'm curious of the dinos and what series they're from.

6. deceptifocus

Ebay:
    yeah dinoriders was b'dass i dont know why they dont bring that back, we actually watched my old VHS of that tonight and then we remembered these :)  i think they were playskool definately dinosaurs but like i said the only one ive found we know for sure is that stego

7. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So the dinos you're asking is from Dinoriders?

8. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

I know what you're talking about — a friend of mine had a bunch of them (including the massive Brachiosaurus) when we were kids — but don't know what they were called. :( 

edit: Don't know if we're thinking of the same thing, but the ones I was thinking of were apparently called "Definitely Dinosaurs!" and made by Playschool. Here's a tv commercial for them, and here's some pics. You can see the round brontosaurus logo on some of them, so I'm pretty sure we're thinking of the same thing :) 

9. Getter Eagle

Getter Eagle Banned

I have a vague idea of what you're talking about...

They weren't Dinosaur Skeletons, were they? I used to have a bunch of toys when i was a kid of Dinosaur Skeletons, and their bones were interchangeable amongst each other, so you could create your own Dinosaur skeletons. They came with little cavemen, I know.

10. deceptifocus

Ebay:
    i think they had both skeltons and reg dinos cus i had a skeleton trex that was ginormous when i was little, the guys wree looking for right now were not though

though i wish i still had the skeleton ones too :) 

11. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
  12. deceptifocus

Ebay:
    thats the same line but there are
    some we cant find that we cant fin on the net

13. Getter Eagle

Getter Eagle Banned

Good God Damn... I've been trying to find pictures of these things forever. You're some kind of INTERNET SAINT.

14. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    ZOMG bone age! i remember theeeeeeeeseeee

*flashback sounds*

15. deceptifocus

Ebay:
    haha im surprised im the one to bring these up and someone didnt b4, they were pretty sweet, as well as dinoriders, which i dont know y noone has resurreted

16. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

ya

Ya I had these, I never had the guy with the Triceratops skull for a mask, I still have Bunt and I find random pieces of his Dinosuchus every now and again.

I still have Bull and his spear, though I have the spear in Bunt's hand had forgot whose it was.

Bunt is the thinking mans caveman, Bull is more of an Arnold looking guy. The sculpts were very detailed like Mask which Kenner also made, Bunt has individual hair lines, the paint on their tattoos was crisp, and bull had individually sculpted wrappings on his legs.

I never remember having any others, but I was poor when I was young, I never remember having the others in that 3 pack of Lava men so it is possible I got it at a flea market later on.

I would have remembered all those other weapons and 2 other guys. I remember playing with them in hotel room in Florida on vacation.

Thanks for the pics I have looked there before but I guess I never found them.

17. deceptifocus

Ebay:
    holy crap i totaly had that plesior and trex but was to young to appreciate them and now they are gone 4ever :( 

18. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    I'm glad to have been of assistance to you all. Good luck towards rebuilding your collections!:thumb 

19. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

I was about to come to the rescue with your answer, but was already beaten to it. :)  Which ones in particular have you not identified? I owned a few of these as a kid and still have Parasaurolophus, Stegosaurus, Ankylosaurus, and Polocanthus. Also have a couple of cavemen, portions of a horribly destroyed Triceratops, and maybe my brother's old Pachycephalosaurus and Trachodon.

There was also a few miniature dinosaurs released under the Definitely Dinosaurs line years later, but without cavemen or accessories and made of vinyl. The one I have is Brachiosaurus, and it's only about as tall as two of the cavemen.

20. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    That Boneage Ankylosaur is one of the most awesome things ever.
    *Runs to Ebay*