What Were The Vok Talking About?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Chopperface, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    In Other Voices Part I, when the Vok spoke with Primal, they said they had to destroy Earth because their project was ruined. Primal tried to reason with them, but the Vok wouldn't hear it.

The Vok remarked that there would be "more danger than you know" should they not destroy Earth.

TF Wiki claims the plot point never came up again, and it was apparently dropped.

We know the Vok are incredibly advanced compared to the Transformers, and their emmissary Tigerhawk was essentially a demigod who defeated the Predacon team and the might of two Megatrons.

They are basically almost supernatural aliens.

My theory is that the Vok were similar to Primus and God in the way they were welll aware of everything in the universe, even acknowledging other universes.

The danger the Vok referred to was really Megatron's increasingly desperate gambles to change time and space later on, and ultimately trying to kill Optimus Prime.

But that raises another question - did the Vok deliberately try to warn Primal of Megatron's tampering with the Maximals' future, or were they simply just trying to ge the monkey off their back?

What do you make of the Vok's comment?

2. Honorbound

Honorbound The Reclusive Semi-Lurker

It could be them trying to justify scrapping the "project," or it could be a plotline that didn't get explored well enough; the Beast Era was full of those.

3. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

Maybe we (or transformers) haven't found out what they meant, yet.

Someone could use it to create another story just like the Golden disk and Ark were used in Beast Wars.

What if Inferno or Quickstrike, survive, and attempt to change the future or past because they have a grudge against Megatron?

What if Humans build a weapon (to stop the Transformers) and destroy the universe in the process? Good reason to stop the project, isn't it? So much for Dinobots sacrifice!

Only time will tell.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2010
  4. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    If they were worried about Megatron messing with the timeline in S2, wouldnt destroying the earth at that point mess up the timeline even worse? I mean, you'd get rid of Prime, the autobots and decepticons on the ark, any impact that earth or humans would have on the universe in the future, etc. etc.

5. TMIIWonkoNemi

TMIIWonkoNemi Well-Known Member

From what I've known,the Vok have destroyed Earth countless times and have waited to recreate it in order to start their experiments from scratch.Once Earth has been established,they leave it alone and do not come back for millennia to see any progress(Specifically the evolution of humanity) and continue from where they left off.

My guess is that this is one of the experiments that lasted long enough for the Ark to crash into Earth,but it wasn't until the Beast Wars that created attention for the Vok to restart the experiment.However,I believe that they hadn't known that the original G1 characters have landed on Earth and only assumed that it's the Maximals and Predacons who are the only intelligent beings on Earth(This is due to the traps they've encountered throughout the Series,as it only detects live and mobile intelligent lifeforms,not those who are dormant)causing significant disasters to the timeline.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    They weren't worried about the time-flow in S2, only the project. (Earth) That's why they wanted to blow it up, so they could start over. They weren't aware of the details of the Ark. Only in S3 did they realise time was being tampered with, but still didn't know exactly what was going on with Earth. (Hence why Tigerhawk seemed fine with killing Megatron who was carrying the original Megatron's spark)

It seems with all the claims of power and knowledge the Vok boast, they're not the Gods they want people to think. Tarantulas was able to kill them, and they seemed totally unaware of the Ark.

7. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Judging by the artifacts they left behind which seems intended for primitive creatures (Humans) not space faring robots they sound like a Precursor species that are irked by the interference of Transformers in their little project.

8. TMIIWonkoNemi

You guys explain it better than I did,lol.Thanks.

9. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    Yeah, I always figured that the Vok were just toying with what became humanity, and were irked that the beast wars turned their lab into a battlefield, spoiling their results, and that anything the vok said beyond that was likely posturing and exaggeration of their power and the importance of their work.

Their reappearance in S3 through Tigerhawk was their response after actually studying the creatures that managed to thwart their "cleanup" protocols, though I imagine their motivations were likely more selfish, and any defense of the timestream would likely be limited to events that would impact the Vok or their studies. If it only affected the Cybertronians' history (and possibly the humans, though since they were willing to wipe the slate clean and start over, its doubtful they care much about them either), they were content to let the damage be done.

10. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Well Megatron does like their overkill response.

11. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Well, they did revived Tigertron and created Primal Prime tho.. What were the beneficts for them in that?

12. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    i figured the "project" they were referring to was Energon

they were the ones who seeded the planet [why? who knows. like i said, i figured thats what "the project" was] with Energon.

*shrug*

13. TMIIWonkoNemi

What the Vok wanted to do is seed Energon as an alternative source of energy for humanity,to prevent pollution,and advance technology by centuries.

14. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    By that logic, the Vok could be what mankind ends up becoming. Going back in time to try to change the future.

15. Prime_Directive

Prime_Directive less than meets the eye

News Credits:
    Or maybe the Energon was placed there to ward off any Cybertronian interference, which they might as well have foreseen.

This is all just idle speculation.

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Considering the alien ray was a "heat ray" of sorts, and the Energon is extremely volitile, my guess is either they were testing naturally-growing energon, or the energon was the means to destroy the planet if the exmeriment needed to be terminated. (the ray being the trigger)

I would really hope nobody does try to make up a reason for the Vok and all that. A mystery stops being interesting once it's explained.

17. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like how IDW had Shockwave responsible for seeding Earth with Energon...

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Different continuity, though. (and thank God)

19. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    A reliable, powerful operative able to further their agenda while at the same time being accepted by the Maximal comrades who have stymied earlier efforts by the Vok. The Vok are just using what they have effectively.

20. perceptor_mc

perceptor_mc Well-Known Member

Me too, I always merge those two together... In my G1/beast wars timeline.. it IS Shockwave who seeded the energon that overloads everyone... not the Vok.