What were the first TF websites you visited?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Badman Forever, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Badman Forever

Badman Forever More Than Meets The Eye

I'm sort of having a retro flashback moment right now.. so I thought I'd start up a thread that didn't involve all the new badass hoopla everyone is excited about! lol. But for me, I recall searching for 'Transformers' on the internet back in late 1995. I saw a listing of maybe 2 or 3 sites.. but only one had quality content. It was from 'Dave Van Domelan'. Almost immediately right after him in same time period came 'Benson Yee's Beast Wars Site'. Those two guys tagteamed the TF webspace and kept everyone informed in the mid-late 90s. Then in 1997, I joined AOL and found 'The Ark' chat room where I met abunch of cool TF fans. From the chat I found another badass TF fansite that was done up by Rockman666 (which is no longer maintained). Skip over a few yrs to the end of the beast era, I then heard there was a new Japanese series dubbed 'Transformers 2000' aka TF: RID. Well low and behold, I came across a new TF site at the time called 'Transformer World 2005' which hosted episodes of the new Japanese series. From then on, TFW has been the primary source of TF related info for me. I never bothered joining the AllSpark forums cause this place just looks and functions that much better. I occasionally check out tformers.com and seibertron once in a blue moon but that's about it. Well now it's 2008. I'm excited that the world loved the movie last yr and I believe the new Animated series might just be up there w/ the G1 and Beastie shows.

2. BlitzFire

BlitzFire Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    umm...well...i forget exactly what i was searching for...but i stumbled on seibertron.com

from there i joined cybertron.ca forums......and that linked me over here...so here i am LOL

3. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Back when I got into collecting again I lurked at a couple other sites, then joined here and never saw the need to go anywhere else.

4. StumP

StumP New Member

The first two I found were this one and Greg Gaub's site iirc. Actually, alt.toys.transformers may have come first if newsgroups count.

5. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    That was the first TF site I ever found. My early artwork is still on there. Ah, memories :) 

6. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    BWTF, then here, where I have remained since.

7. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Web site? It was all alt.toys.transformers from '95 to '98 or so. I visited a few SW sites, but any other toy sites tended to be more general in nature (AFTimes and such).

8. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    i was at bigbot and bottalk first, then tfans, where i still am, then here. and allspark. unicron.com for awhile too!

9. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    The first fansite I found was BWTF back when Beast Machines was airing, which was my source for news until I somehow found Transfandom and the 2005 Boards (back when they were together) near the tail end of RiD.

10. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

Bigbot.com! I totally forgot about that site. Then BWTF and TFormers, then TFans, there here.

11. Badman Forever

I do remember sifting through some of the tf newsgroups back then too. I completely forgot to mention bigbot.com and unicron.com, those were cool sites in the late '90s also. But now none of them can keep up w/ the newer ones such as this.

12. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    alt.toys.transformers & BRTB.com (bigredtoybox, doesn't exist today) was my primary place to buy/sell TF's in 97/98 and then a bit later i came across NTFA.net but forgot about that site when I in 2000 started focusing on PC's,hardware,software instead of TF's. Later again I looked at Tfnet.com but never wrote there as such... then I went back to NTFA in start 2006, but site's a bit dead activity wise so in april 2007 i decided to try out twf2005, and here I am... best TF site on the planet, here's all the action.

13. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Back when i was in high school I remember some place called primacron.com or something similar to that, they when I got out of the service and had time to actually surf the web I found Transformerland.com then good ol TFW2005, and here I'll stay.

14. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Tformers, to TFans, to here.

Here is the best.

15. Badman Forever

Oh yea.. eBay 10 yrs ago was the place to be. You could find ANY Case Fresh G1 Transformer MISB for roughly $50-$150 easily! I remember seeing original G1 Primes MISB C10 for $100. Same thing w/ Jetfire, Soundwave, Dinobots, Seekers.. everyone. Those were the days I wish I had money to spend. (Besides goin back to the 80s). =|

16. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

BWTF and TFW2005

17. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    I did a yahoo search for Alternators, and it took me to a place that shall remain nameless....cause I think it sucks now, and no, I didnt get banned either....

But that is where I first saw Lobo's Custom Alt Soundwave Reshell....and I got hooked and stayed there for too long....

But that site led me to Transtopia, and then that led me to here TFW2005.....and here is where I will stay...this place is awesome!!

18. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Ben Yee's site back in 1997 was the first one I ever went to.

I also remember going to some site in 98 that had pictures of all the season 2 BW characters in strange colours (possibly inverted?) - I hadn't seen season 2 yet so for a long time I thought that Quickstrike was purple and other crazy stuff.

Another site from around 98ish that I went to a lot was called... I think it was Maximal Central - it had a metallic style backgroud and screen grabs of episodes.

19. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I didn't even get on the internet til 2001. I was to po' to afford a computer. When I did, I was watching a cartoon on MTV I think, and someone mentioned Optimus Prime. That brought back memories, so I searched Transformers and ran across transfans.com. After a while and realizing most of the members there were jerks, I found this place where people are alot nicer. Been here ever since.

20. TrickyDisco

TrickyDisco <b><font color=blue>Voted TFW2005's Sexiest Female

News Credits:
    I don't really remember that well.. I know I visited a bunch of sites in the late nineties, but not on a regular basis.
    FreshDebesh introduced me to whatever this place was called back in 2000....and I've been more or less here since :)