What were the biggest surprises to you on Transformers Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by kaijuguy19, Nov 19, 2011.

1. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Transformers Prime has a lot of fantastic and promising story and characters so far in the show!:thumb  But since the show began and beyond that what were the biggest shockers and surprises to you about the show? Mine are

Cliffjumpers sudden death: A lot of people will agree on this. During the ads for the show's premere we were led to believe he was going to be one of the main cast for the show. But when we finally eatched the first episode he gets stabbed fataly by Starscream and dies! I did NOT see that coming at all! It didn't help at all that he was brought back as a terrorcon too much to Arcee shock and horror.

The Dark tone of the show: Cliffjumpers death set the tone of the series but his death was only the beginning. I was aware of the show being more serious than the previous ones.But than episodes like Predatory,Criss Cross and Partners helped set the mature tone even further! In short its tone is on the lines with Batman TAS, Gargoyles and Sym Bionic Titan at best.

The Cliffhanger of the Season Finale: All of us was eager to see how the season finale would turn out. When it finally happen however it was a shocker to all of us. Optimus Prime lost his memorys and left with Megatron to the Decepticon warship!!! This proves the creators are willing to go to lenghts some of us can't imagine would happen and it really gets you exicted to see what happens next in Season 2!

So what are your biggest surprises about the show?

2. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    Cliffjumper and the zombie-cons, as well as Optimus losing his memory. I haven't been stunned much otherwise (although I was kind of shocked when Starscream left).

3. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Optimus losing his memory
    The way that Megatron got out of his coma
    Cliffjumper's death

4. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Cliffjumper wasn't a surprise to me at all. Yeah I liked him a lot and would love for him to have been a regular cast member. BUT The Rock is a big name and big names are only used in series very briefly. So I wasn't surprised at all when he died. There was no way they would afford him for an entire series.

My biggest surprises were Starscream and Arcee. Just the depth of those two characters has floored me.

I loved in Rock Bottom that Starscream literally talks through what would have amounted to an episode of any other Transformers series.

5. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Yeah good point. A big time actor like The Rock would be hard to keep on board.

Oh Totally! I LOVED how they developed both Arcee and Starscream so beautifully in Season 1! I'm SO looking foward to seeing how they will develop further in Season 2:thumb 

It was funny seeing Starscream talking to himself about what may happen to him if Megatron does break free! You can really tell he was starting to lose it mentally!:lol 

6. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Prime losing his memory.

7. StarryAqua

StarryAqua Former fandom follower

News Credits:
    1. Cliffjumper's death--Set the mark for this show being dead serious.
    2. Revealing of Unicron being the Earth's core--The strict realization how humanity was possibly created and relying on Unicron, as well as the possible relations between humans and cybertronians.
    3. Excellent use of cybertronian females--
    *Arcee--Kick-ass fighter and arguably the main character of the show
    *Airachnid--Enjoys hunting for sport and finds pleasure in sadistic activities? Yeah, pretty evil. Kind of rare for a Decepticon.
    4. Human deaths in Convoy and Operation: Breakdown--Yeah, technically not on-screen, but undoubtedly there. Human deaths were announced for season 2 as well. Damn.
    5. The relationship between Arcee and Jack--Too close for comfort for some. Nothing of the sort will probably be done on a TV-Y7 show, but the people behind Prime probably know, or at least think something is there.
    6. Cliffhanger ending with Optimus loosing his memory and becoming a Decepticon-- . . . HOLY SH*T!

8. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    How expendable the Eradicons are.

9. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

- Cliff's death, cause I wasn't expecting it in the 1st episode (indeed I tought he would die in Darkness rising part 5. before watching the series)
    - Direct harm to humans: Starscream to Fowler, Megatron to Raf (specially this last one... a Decepticon hurting a kid... I was shocked when Raf's hand was reflected in Bee's mirror)
    - Unicron being Earth's core
    - Starscream LEAVING decepticons for more than just one episode
    - Memory losing...

10. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

The show being very good
    How much I like Starscream
    How pointless Soundwave is
    How insane Megatron is and that Starscream has done more then him
    Optimus' amnesia.

Cliffjumpers death was not carried out very well to me. It was not clear that his spark was extinguished. Since when was sparks located to one side of the chest? While one could assume it was to the side, I was under the allusion that he was the main character. That would mean he would most likely have been wounded, not killed. When Ratchet said his spark was offline, Cliff was in the Con warship. Wouldn't that hide his signal, which if you were monitoring it as it was going into the Nemesis, would create the allusion of him suddenly going off line. I was left uncertain of if he was dead or not and in the next episode, when it was revealed he was dead, he was immediately brought back to life as a zombie. I just assumed the Bot would find a way to complete the resurrecting and have him back to normal. By time he was properly killed and undoubtedly dead, I was both surprised and annoyed because of how confusing it was.

11. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    Cliffjumper's death.

Skyquake being in one ep.(I don't count him being a zombie in that one ep.:) )

Megatron wakin' up out of his nappy-nap.

No Junkions(Kiddin'!!:D )

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Cliffjumper's death...initially anyways. With the Rock as his voice, I should have definitely expected him to die relatively soon into the show's life.

Prime's memory loss after using the Matrix on old Uni. Made for a very interesting, and very unexpected twist in the story. I'm definitely looking forward to see how it plays out in season two.

The way Megatron came out of his stasis. Taking over Bee like that was ingenious, and proved more helpful than one would have expected.

Raf getting injured by Megatron's shot on Bee. The kids usually don't get injured like that in previous shows. It was surprising, but at the same time it's nice to actually see some consequences of the kids being so involved with the bots.

Unicron being the core of Earth. It's definitely intriguing and surprising, but at the same time a little annoying. I sort of agree with a friend of mine, who happens to hate TFP, that the show, like some previous TF continuities, makes Earth too central to the plot. I understand wanting to keep the show mostly on Earth, to keep that connection with humanity, and to help keep kids interested. I think it would have been more interesting if he was the moon.

13. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    My face when Unicron was revealed to be Earth's core.

[​IMG]

14. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My favorite surprise and the one that I found most intriguing is that Unicron is the earth. For me, it definitely opens up a lot of possible stories.

I bet Unicron has a lot of enemies in the Universe. Now that he's the earth, everyone's going to want a shot at him, perhaps even if humanit is destroyed in the process.

15. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was surprised when:

Starscream aligned himself with no one.
    Ratchet used the synthetic energon on himself
    and Optimus lost all memories of being a Prime

jD001

16. Rodan75

Rodan75 Active Member

News Credits:
    The biggest surprise for me is the dark tone of the series: when the zombies firs appeared I was shocked! :eek: 

And then came Predatory with the Autobots tortured and killed for fun by the EVIL Airachnid! Amazing!!!

Then I was surprised for how awesome is Arcee: she has become instantaneously my favorite character (aside from Optimus) :bowdown: 

And the Last Big Surprise was discover that Unicron is the Earth: Genius! :rock 

17. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Clifjumper's death come too sudden for me,that is one of the surprise.

18. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Yeah I've forgotton how surprised I was myself when we saw Raf almost killed by Megatron! I certainly did NOT see that coming! I thought Raf was truly going to bite the bullet! But thankfully he survived thanks to Ratchet's effort!:thumb  Honestly if some people still think the show after all the dark daring stuff the writers of TFP did is childish than they need to get out more!!!!!

Also Unicron being inside earth was creative and it brought a new demension to the mythos of the character!:thumb  It made him a little more dangerous as well seeing how he can make versions of himself out of almost ANYTHING and being all around at all times too!

19. unicronic

unicronic TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I think the biggest two surprises without doubt in terms of OMG! were Cliffjumpers death and the "re-birth" of Orion Pax. Quite ironic that these two moments are the first and last thing to happen in the show.

20. Yaujta

Yaujta De-Headmasterizator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    For me, the biggest surprise is just how smart this Megatron is. He's a fast thinker, not a run-away-when-something-goes-wrong leader, and he's a true threat. Probably the best Megatron ever depicted in a series.