Customs: What weapon for classics would people like to see next?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Megatron31, Aug 19, 2011.

?

What weapon next

Poll closed Sep 8, 2011.
  1. Classics Optimus ion cannon

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  2. Mirage weapon

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  3. Prowl's pistol

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  4. Jazz's weapon

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  5. Other

12 vote(s)
    52.2%
  1. stratonrye

stratonrye Maximal

Yeah, I guess a gun for Guzzle at that scale would get pretty small. :cry  It's probably an age gap thing with you for Beast Wars. With me being born in '88, I was pretty much at the end of G1 (though I did watch it in syndication when I was little) and I only got a couple G2 toys (well, 6 to be exact cause I have a complete yellow G2 Devastator) but I watched BW religiously so I have a little more love for BW than G1 than you probably do. You should totally check out Beast Wars though now. It's really awesome! It's cool you have friends in my town. If you do come to visit them, don't expect to go figure hunting down here and find anything special though, other than a few stray Generations figures.

2. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    ^ oh i know i was donw thier this time last year and pickings were slim. gonna have to check out BW and see how it is

3. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

Just posting to say I regret giving you ideas. Damn I would've sold a million Hot Rod guns on Shapeways. Why must you make such cool stuff??? :(  :thumb 

Dkreed7, if it helps, that gun I could probably model for Shapeways, in case you and Megatron31 can't sort something out. I'd agree with Megatron31 in saying that there's likely not going to be many people who remember it, but I might be wrong. Geewunners are around every corner these days.

4. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    A way to make a GI-ish Jazz missile launcher would be SWEET.

5. Megatron31

Ebay:
    well how about this if you want one for your hotrods, its a freebie since i got the idea from you and it seems to be going over really well.

and dkreed i would actually consider going with A1 for that rifle as he maybe able to give it more detail than i can, and probably cost you less. for me to build from scratch at that scale is not cheap material wise.

back to my buddy A1 i think you and I need to do a Collabrative effor on something i have a few ideas we could do together if you are interested, i have been wanting to do a co-op of sorts for a while, and you and I seem to think on similar lines about this stuff.

dethpike i maybe able to get to that at somepoint but now im a little swamped hahaha in a good way

6. Treadshot A1

Freebie + A1 = great! :)  It really helps that in my infinite wisdom, I lost my Hot Rod's gun a long time ago, so he's been relying on that hand saw to protect him from Decepticons... :lol 

Well collaborate on something in the future, I'm sure. I personally can't wait.

Oh, and a handy little tip, you might want to stop taking ideas soon. Remember when I posted that I had a week in the holidays to model stuff? People were still flooding in ideas a good two weeks after the holidays had ended. I had to stop taking ideas just because i couldnt possibly work any faster. Just make sure you don't get flooded, kk? ;) 

7. Megatron31

Ebay:
    yea when the pole closes and my priorites are set i will probably make the stuff in the poll as they were voted on and then who knows.

i really need to work on my constructicons but the weapons just keep popping up and i cant get them out of my head till i do them

8. Treadshot A1

PM me about the gun. We'll discuss things further when I wake up since it's nearing midnight here. ;) 

Megatron31, if you tackle them in order, I'd love to see how you can manage to make a weapon called "other" since that's the most popular option right now! :lolol 

9. Megatron31

Ebay:
    already did its called hotrods "other" blaster

10. Treadshot A1

Creative naming scheme if I've ever heard one. :rollseyes:

11. Megatron31

Ebay:
    hey dont you judge me :) 

12. Megatron31

Ebay:
    only 2 days left looks like the rodimus weapon is gonna take it hands down

13. SG hailstorm

SG hailstorm JaAm aficionado

News Credits:
    more target master mini-cons like nightstick

14. Treadshot A1

What? No! I'm already working on a Fracas. It's in the early planning stages, but still... :lol 

Just kidding, if you can achieve that amount of complexity in your casting, it'll be amazing. Would be very surprised to see the resin holding up for joints, though. Durable as it is, it's still not as strong as some of the plastics around, iirc.

15. Megatron31

Ebay:
    Yeah that maybe a little complex for my scratch building skills. A ball joints stability depends on the material, and size at legends size or smaller they are questionable

But then again I believe zildjian has had great success casting his prime hands with all the small and intricate joints

16. Treadshot A1

It's not the building, it's the casting I worry about. So small, and so much strain on the joints, especially the stems.

17. Megatron31

Ebay:
    I think it all depends on design of said ball joint a small short stem is stronger than the same thing with a longer stem, adding raised planes to the stem can also help structural integrity. Which is easier to do in 3d design than scratchbuilding

18. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Targetmasters with the same aesthetic as Nightstick would be awesome. :thumb 

19. TGping

TGping Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't forget, you can use stronger resins that are comparable to ABS plastics, or even cast in rubber rather than plastic. Maybe a resin ball, and rubber/ized socket?

I THINK you can cast in rubber, still doing research on that one :D 

20. Treadshot A1

I thikn the result would be similar to Gundam kits. They work, but they're still fragile.