Customs: What weapon for classics would people like to see next?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Megatron31, Aug 19, 2011.

?

What weapon next

Poll closed Sep 8, 2011.
  1. Classics Optimus ion cannon

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  2. Mirage weapon

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  3. Prowl's pistol

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  4. Jazz's weapon

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  5. Other

12 vote(s)
    52.2%
  1. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    As many of you guys know i like to make weapons for the classics figs (its kinda my thang yo)
    i have done
    IDW perceptor weapons
    Hounds rifle
    Conehead seeker weapons
    Seeker nullrays weapons
    and soon will have a rifle for springer warbot (just got done repouring the mold thats right its off of hold if this works out)

and i have a list of things i am gonna be working on next but i can decide what to do and i need something to kinda work on inbetween customs.

so here is a poll of what i have been thinking let me know what you guys think i should tackle next! and if its other let me know what you are thinking. cause its not cool to just vote and not tell me whats on your mind

Edit as treadshot asked these will be original designs (well based off of art work i can find)

update

so i just considered all the votes for other as wanting a new weapon for hotrod and i just finished it expect an update later in radicons

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  2. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

You mean you're making casts, or original designs? I'd like to see some 5mm guns, which actually look like real guns, dammit. Not some fantasy laser blaster crap, give me a machine gun that actually looks like a real machine gun.

Either that, or a replacement for Classics Rodimus' gun, which still fits in car mode, but without the stupid flame thing.

EDIT: Oh, you added a poll. Okay, change my post to "Cast Mirage's existing weapon, but without the front wings (so just the little bit in the centre that actually looks like a gun)"

3. Megatron31

Ebay:
    original molds based off of art work

i havent thought about a new rodimus weapon hmmm i wonder

4. Treadshot A1

So, you mean you're going to sculpt a weapon, and then cast it? Sweet. :) 

5. Megatron31

Ebay:
    that is correct my friend, it will be scratchbuilt from styrene, then cast and added to the list of things availible to the board members in my megatron's arms depo thread (yes i know its spelled wrong)

6. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

I'd think that you might want to try coming up with your own generic kind of weapon that could be used with a lot of weaponless figures instead of being solely limited to just one figure. Classics Bumblebee, for instance, is always in need of some kind of gun, and there are other figures out there that could use better weapons as well.

7. Megatron31

Ebay:
    the perceptor pistol thing is actually pretty generic aside from a slight resembelance to one brief isntance in a comic you could really use those for anyone, there is also a old gi joe gun i cut up and glude together to use with one of my custom insecticons i did way back in the day and i thought about casting it but i never got around to it.

but this list above is really stuff i would like for my own collection (which is usually how i build things and people usually end up asking me for some so i decided to go a different route with it and do soemthing everyone would want.
    for example my sideswipe has an old pretender weapon (not sure whose) and i think my bumblbee has the same thing just a different weapon so i had never really thought about building them something

on a side note would you guys like it if i kept a running tally for the other cattagory?

8. Treadshot A1

Y'know, it'd be helpful if the people who voted other actually posted what they wanted... just sayin'...

Also, i think what you've done has worked for you before, and i don't think you should fix something that isn't broken. Ultimately, even when i'm designing, i only design what i like. I do take ideas and commissions, obviously, but when i'm designing project that i'm not being paid to do, i just do what i like. Ultimately, i find that's the best way for me to make cool stuff that i know at least one person in the world (me) will like, and then people just somehow show up at my door asking for one.

I guess what i'm trying to say is, if that list is what you would like to have, and those would also be for sale, make what you like, i.e. MAKE THEM ALL. NAO. ;) 

9. Megatron31

Ebay:
    Thanks treadshot your advice is always straight forward hahahaha

so im really considering the hot rod weapons

10. Treadshot A1

One other Hot Rod thing: I don't care if it fits in car mode or not, but that buzz saw he's got is pathetic. He needs a bigger saw. Like, a lot bigger. I know it's a reference to G1, but seriously a saw that size wouldn't be very useful, whether it be for cutting stuff or slicing Decepticons.

That, and he needs a better gun. Just sayin'.

11. Megatron31

Ebay:
    Agree about the wrist communicator hahaha aka saw blade.

Got some ideas about weapons for him now may work on it soon since it seems to be in the OTHER category which is winning

12. Megatron31

Ebay:
    still got time to vote but as of right now I have finished a weapon for classics hotrod based on one of his toy weapons

and it still stows in alt mode

13. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    New gun for Rodimus.

Ion Cannon would be cool, too. If it fits WFC Prime as well. I don't need the Gears of War Set, although it is really cool. Just a bit of plastic that looks like the gun is enough for me ;) 

Did you do any weapons prior to this poll? Where can I see them?

Way cool! Pics?

14. Megatron31

Ebay:
    check the link in my sig for my stuff i have made

the stuff in the pole is what i wanted to work on next

15. fawnheart2000

fawnheart2000 Autobot

16. caretaker27

caretaker27 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I voted for other. I say, make two Rodimus bladders that store in car mode and can give a G1 toy dual wielding option.

17. Megatron31

Ebay:
    ^ im gonna assume you ment blasters? currently have one down but i dont know if i can fit 2 under the car but the one does fit nicely i just need to finish it up and i will post pics and a link in this thread

dkreed7 i would like to see some pics of this cause i dont remember it at all, not sure their would be alot of demand for it but i could definantly do a one off in MP scale for you if its somthing you really want.

fawnheart i am well aware of cash, i have purchased something from him in the past (including ion blaster) he does fantastic work, but this will by version or interpritation of that weapon. Shapeways is great stuff, but sometimes due to shapes of the designsit just has to many pring lines in it and i would something a little smoother so i will get to it in due time.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  18. Megatron31

Ebay:
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  19. stratonrye

stratonrye Maximal

That gun for Hot Rod looks great man! Very good idea. As for me, I've been dying to get a show accurate gun for my TM Rattrap for ages, but I think the detail I'd like for it to have would make it better suited as a shapeways project. I also think it would be cool if you continued making more LSOTW comic accurate weapons for Wreckers figures but you've kinda run out of Wreckers that have figures made. Ooooo!!! Except Guzzle! Make a comic accurate version of Guzzle's new gun for DOTM Guzzle!

20. Megatron31

Ebay:
    that maybe a scale thats a little to small for me to work with.

thanks though and good luck on the rattrap i never got into beast wars and transmetals guess its the age gap or something (i completely missed that series being aired)

and huntsville aye, i have a friend or 2 down their going to see one of them soon (they just had a little girl not long ago)