What we really need is Classics Combiners

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Alucard77, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I know a lot of people here are debating on what is really needed to complete the classics collection. I actually think while some single stand alone figures would be nice, it is painfully obvious we really need to get some combiners.

Ideally I would love to see combiners made out of Deluxe size figures, and not scout or legend sized figures. These would fit in to scale much better then anything we currently have.

I guess we were lucky to get the Energon combiners, but that is what they are. They are in fact from the Energon cartoons and have very little to no G1 likeness. I would like to see some G1 likeness to new combiners.

Also, PCC do not count as good combiners. They are not in scale and look like crap most of the time. I would love if Hasbro had the guts to release 5/6 figures seperately to make the combiners. Even better, have some gift packs at $65-$75. I know many people will say that those don't sell, but I see why not. If they are amazing figures, you get 5 or 6 of them.

2. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

amen brotha!!!

6 deluxe like constructicons, or 1 voyager and 5 deluxe like most of the rest. sell them individually like back in the day.

it could be close to the most awesomest thing in forever. :bowdown: 

3. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If they could find a way to give me a Leader/Ultra sized Bruticus made out of 4 deluxes and one voyager, make it affordable, robot/vehicle/combiner modes and all, I'd be downright impressed.

I'm still hoping Powercore makes a comeback and redoes some of the other G1 Combiners like Computron and Abominus.

4. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Updated Combiners/Gestalts were being wished upon eversince Classics debut.

Come 5 years later...The Fandom is still waiting. :rip 

Edit: FP's Bruticus Upgrade & TFC's Not Devastator, those I do not take into account. Since they were 3rd party products by default.

5. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    I got my eye on you Devastator!! Give me a G1 Devastator updated to classics...That's what I want!!

6. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    Untill then, 3rd party makers would have the upper hand in making GIANT scale combiners. Sigh.

7. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Really? This is what Menasor is supposed to be. I think I may cry. PCC SUCK!
    [​IMG]

Yeah, the only problem I have is that we will be lucky to see one combiner a year. At that rate, by 2020 we may have all our combiners from 3rd Party companies.

8. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

I want a classics Computron that does not suck(ala not PCC), sometime before I am 50 years old

Thats what I don't get about PCC... if they had skipped the stupid auto-morph gimmicks and just made the drones not suck those wouldn't have been bad, most of the commanders were decent enough toys, but the limbs look like stringy dog crap...

9. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

The way you're proposing it, never, ever, would this happen. Ever.
    1. Hasbro has already deemed the Energon combiners and their style of selling a failure.
    2. Hasbro isn't exactly fond of the whole, "buy these guys to have the full functionality of the toy!" idea.
    3. The PCC combiners aren't allowed to be called good combiners? I call them some of the best combiners we've gotten out of Hasbro. If combiner scale is a problem for you, and you're asking for G1 combiners, then please shut up, because you're making yourself look stupid.
    4. A $65 toy will NEVER sell as well as you're saying it would. And if I know anything about Transformers, it's that the fanbase is very cheap. They would never buy the 5-6 you're saying they would, and even if the entire fanbase purchased 6 $65 combiner sets, it wouldn't rake in nearly enough money for Hasbro to deem it a success.

You're killing me, man.

10. Automorpher

News Credits:
    Mm...How about replacing that Commander Bot (was it Spastic or something) with Crankcase? I think it MIGHT look better. :D 

Excuse me?

The Fandom is cheap??

Tell this sentence to the same group of people who owns a FP Bruticus & again to the chunk of fans who had their sight set on TFC's Not Devastator.

I'm sure they have some words for ya. :dunce 

11. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "Devastator" and "Dinoking" turned out pretty well though. The OverRun/Stunticon molds are repaints from earlier on in the line. If the progress continues from Steamhammer and Grimstone, then an eventual wave should be great.

12. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

TFC not devy is our salvation.

13. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

they are running out of classic characters. yeah they have prime and wfc and the movie (thats alot) but after this movie dies down maybe an autobot combiner and a decepticon combiner once a year wouldnt be too much. :p 

14. siniquezu

siniquezu Well-Known Member

I would group headmasters under this list as well

15. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

That's not supposed to be Menasor. Menasor was a silly-looking boxhead. That's supposed to be Over-Run.

16. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

i bought grimstone and bombshock for my son, but i wouldnt want those for myself. they go good with legends size figures thats about it.

17. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Wow, Brainchild, why so pissy?
    1- What did they deem a failure? The fact that they needed help to look good except maybe one? Or the fact that you could mix and match limbs.

2- Well, shows how short sighted Hasbro and you are. You telling me that a regular fan won't like the Stunticons on their own? So the Autobots sell fine but the stunticons won't? How do you figure? So how would this be, to get the full functionality of the toy? If each toy stood on it's own, the combiner form would be the an added cherry on the cake.

3- PCC look horrible. You think they are the best. Enjoy em, but they look like dog shit. Literally, I could probably take a picture of my dogs poop after he ate some paper and it would look like these guys.

As for Scale, we know there is no real scale. But the stunticons were as tall as lets say prowl. So 5 of them would be more in scale then 5 legend sized ones. Not sure how that is dumb.

4- Well, I think individual figures would sell. Also, if they did limited releases of the gift boxes and did them store specific, I bet they would sell as well. I don't think $65 is exactly breaking the bank for 5 figures.

As for price, the non G1 fans will say hey, these look awesome for stand alone figures. The G1 fans will nab what they find as soon as the find it and take care of the gift sets.

Those limbs looks so bad, how could you ever put that next to a classics figure.

18. Automorpher

News Credits:
    Obviously you can't put that into a Classics collection! :sly2: 

I'm saying that the combi would look way more "Menasor" if you were to replace the center piece but never a doubt, it would still look PCC.

19. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Yeah, it would look Menasor. But PCC Menasor... sigh, so sad Hasbro went down this road. WHYYYYYYY!!!!!

20. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1. They were a failure because it was impractical to sell something in five chunks with that high of a pricepoint.

2. Once again, Hasbro isn't selling to you, they're selling to Children. And by proxy Adults who buy for children. In a perfect world, Yes, "Buy X toy to work with X toy" should work, but unfortunately, it doesn't. Telling your parent to buy five of a set individually would result in them probably just buying the child a Leader Class Bumblebee to avoid the hunt for themselves.

3. Completely subjective.

4. Say Hi to Masterpiece Skywarp. And Battle Ops Bumblebee. And Ultimate Bumblebee. And Supreme Devastator. 65 dollars is a lot of money. To you, maybe not, but to the general consumer, its a Ton especially when you're basically paying for the overall effect of One Figure that probably wouldn't be much bigger than your average 45 dollar Leader Class figure.

You're asking for us to agree with you on an impractical, and in all honesty stupid idea that wouldn't work in today's economic climate. This isn't us trying to bring you down as much as it is us disagreeing with you.