What we don't want.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by NemesisBruticus, Mar 5, 2008.

1. jametron

jametron Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE! Taste Kittens…

News Credits:
    Yes, that WAS Jazz (the great Scatman Crothers) in the G1 cartoon as well.
    Exactly the reason why it baffles me that everyone hates that he does it in the movie... but if he didn't, people would complain that he wasn't anything like his G1 counterpart.

Lincoln said it best...

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Personally, I really like how Jazz was portrayed. Would have been nice to have seen more of him in the first movie, but oh well. Would be interesting to have a scene in the sequel where Optimus (or some other Autobot from the first movie) have to inform a fellow Autobot that was, for some reason, close to Jazz, and who's just arrived, that Jazz was killed in battle. Would also be interesting to see a statue or something built in his honor (though that would have made a little more sense if it was in the ending of the first one).

3. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

Just curious, Raven, but did you DISLIKE anything about the first move or was it perfect in your eyes?

4. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I think its the kind of 'pop culture' that Jazz represented. I hate all things 'gangsta' including the appalling music, the over use of the same subject over and over again and most of all the brain dead peons that seem to think it's the greatest kind of music ever and insist on playing it full steam from thier stereos.

G1 Jazz was a much more mellow bloke who'd be at home in New Orleans Burbon Street, jamming with the muso's of his name sake.

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I liked most of it, but there were a couple things that I didn't like, though nothing major. Some of the scene changes were a little abrupt. Of not is the change from Blackout's attack to the high school scene. I'm not sure why, but I find Megan Fox's voice extremely annoying. Would have been nice for some of the bots to get more lines (define their personalitys a bit better). Other than that, I can't really think of anything I didn't like about it. It was nice to get a movie where I could sit back and just relax while watching.

6. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Wow that's an extremely narrow view. What culture does "what's crackin little bitches represent? Cuz I could swear that 311, House of Pain, Kid Rock, Eminem, Fred Durst, Linkin Park and a cast of other musicians talk and act in this manner despite not being gangster, which I'm assuming is your rather silly view of hip hop.

Calling someone a brain dead peon because of their musical tastes is rather judgemental and totally irrational. As is saying that the music uses the same subjects again and again. All music that has words uses the same subjects again and again.... Drugs, violence, sex, romance, or narrative. Johnny Cash made violent songs, as has Snoop Dog. Ray Charles made songs about getting high, as has Dr Dre. Guns and Roses made songs about how crazy it is in their city as has JayZ.

Are you saying that only people who listen to 'gangsta' music play it loud? Cuz I know I hear just as much loud heavy metal and drum and base, techo, country music, or whatever, played loud in peoples cars and homes.

Whether you like it or not, G1 Jazz was an amalgam of the early form of 'gangsta' music you so despise, which is called hip hop. You're entitled to your opnions, even if they're rather small minded and biased. /rant off

7. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Yeah I'm well aware that most if not all forms of music has had famous songs written about it that are banal, distasteful and downright crap. The thing is, when rap became big where I live, all of a sudden it was being played and played and played and it drove me insane. All I see in it is gang culture, and sadly thats what so much of it seems to promote. Gangsta to me is more of a method than a music style as you have accurately pointed out.

Which is sad because occasionally, as with all genres, a true god damned gem shows up. The ones that spring to mind for me were 'Changes' by Tupac, and 'Gangsta's Paradise' by Coolio, also his 'See You, when You Get There'. They aren't incapable of great music. And god knows I listen to stuff that is utter drivel by most standards, including my own.

And I based my 'brain dead peons' remark on an observational, non-scientific study from my four years of high school where the boys who listened to rap and emulated most of its stars, were totally incappable of stringing together a coherant sentance.

That and nothing shits me more than watching white people try and act gangsta, its truely painful.

My rant of music and society aside (nice rebuttal by the way, Ceasar), in the sequal I'd personally like to see the tactful removal of:

Maggie and Glenn, they'e served their limited purpose.

GM only cars, based purely on the fact that I'm not a huge fan of most GM cars, but this lays in the hands of the other car manufacturers getting of thier arses.

Sam's mother, his dad wasn't so bad but she was an awful character.

Agent Simmons, for no other reason that if he goes, Bumblebee won't be tempted into public urination again.

That's all for me.

8. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    - No corny dialogue
    - No emo on the soundtrack
    - No Maggie and her pseudo-techno-battle ("DNA-based computer?!")

And most importantly:

- No whiny fan bitching (hoping for too much there), especially use of 'true fan', 'raped childhood', and anyone saying that they can't understand why anyone would like the 'bot designs. Still, I get the feeling my ignore list is going to extend...

No need to call out individuals

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2008
  9. SilverDragon

SilverDragon YEAH TOAST!

News Credits:
    I do not want a focus on the human characters. They were poorly written, and I paid to see Transformers, not Dumb Humans Screaming.

10. jametron

jametron Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE! Taste Kittens…

News Credits:
    Wow... you should really get out more.

And I don't mean down to the 'ol town maple tree where weeza gunna have us a good 'ol fashion lynchin' niether!:crazy: 

Your opinion is your opinion of course, each to their own, but your ignorance is plain as day.

11. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    jazz is into contemporary pop culture. rap n hip hop happens to be what's popular right now. its not the movies fault if you ppl don't get with times. you expect jazz to be into blues n jazz n stuff. what is he, a beatnik?

12. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:

[​IMG]

13. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

Jazz is into raping bitches and ho's, smoking crack, and killing cops, yo!

14. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

People don't want Unicron at all (myself included), but I think it would be cool to have Ironhide telling war stories and mentions Unicron as a planet or a Cybertron moon that he was on.

15. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

You heard it Mr. Bay! Please give us more of the same! Don't chang a single thing in this next movie, please! Bring back the entire human cast! Hopefully we will get to have a deeper understanding of Sam's girl and her father in this next movie!

16. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

That would actually be good. I always thought we didn't get enough of Carly in g1.

And when a movie makes 700$mill... There is not much incentive to re-invent the franchise and change everything.

I hope the fat dude wears a Skins Jersey and eats the whole plate in every movie.

17. Draco Nomicon

Draco Nomicon Active Member

Hmm...things I DON'T want.....

1. constant bickering and drama over what is supposed to be an enjoyable hobby
    2. use of the terms "Bayformers" and "Raped my childhood" EVER again
    3. Galvatron...at all......ever... Sure bring Megatron back, but bring him back AS Megatron (don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Galvatron, but the whole "Megatron getting beaten/killed and reformatted into a more powerful and different character" thing is WAY overused)
    4. Pointless subplots to make humans seem more important in a movie about giant transforming robots... I mean really did we really need that whole hackers subplot in the movie?
    5. Potty humor........enough said

18. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

No, I think "Bayformers" is an accurate depiction of what we saw bringing with it all the negative and positive connotations much like "beastformers" is for BW / BM (though seriously, one could successfully argue that there is an entirely different aesthetic that was used in Beast Machines than Beast Wars).

As for raping anyone's childhood, well I guess there will always be people in denial. Since I wasn't really allowed to watch the G1 cartoon being too little and all, I only had exposure to the toys and a few storybooks. After that my Transformers interest didn't revive until Dreamwave came out with G1 and Armada.

In that respect, my childhood heard some bad potty mouth language and that was about the extent of it.

19. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Get off Raven's back, man. He's every bit as entitled to his opinion as you are.

20. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks. I'm not sure why he's been getting on my back, but there's no valid reason for it. The first time this happened, I had said basically that I didn't want to see any more pointless arguments between fans about opinions, and he instantly took that as me saying that people who don't like the movie shouldn't be able to say their opinions on the board. How he got that out of my post, I'm not sure.