What was your first Transformers? (had some inspiration for this one)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by justinRODimus, Aug 22, 2008.

1. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

So i was looking over at the Seibertron forums, but I don't really post over there any more but I saw a thread that really caught my eye. So I decided to make one here, and if there has already been one, I'm really sorry. (I also noticed a few threads here that asked questions that literally every fan here can reply to an enjoy - just for funsies.) Anyway, post away!

For me though: Movie Voyager Ironhide. I wasn't a TF fan but I had just seen the movie and I knew how TF toys had been popular when I was younger (I grew up in the 90s w/ Beast Wars) so I thought it's be cool to check one out. I was at Target and I saw it and bought it. All I remember thinking was, "damn, these toys are expensive." Anyway, just over a year later and now I am a full on TF fanboy from G1 to BW, to the Unicron Trilogy and of course where it all started for me: the 2007 movie.

So whats your story?

EDIT: i just realized that the title has a typo! it sounds stupid like, "What waz ur ferst trasnformerz?" haha, oh well.

2. Cascadia

Cascadia Ion Storm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In the 1980s, my collection was rather small (5 of them). My first one was Skywarp. In 1986, the movie killed everything that was TF related. The series was taken off the air. Fast forward to 2006/2007, I was in graduate school and doing some research in which I came across info about the 2007 movie. However, I did not think much of it until I purchased an odd Alternators Bluestreak/Silverstreak, which is one with right-hand steering. The only reason I got it was for my love of Subaru cars. I fell in love of TF all over again. My collection went from very tiny to a moderate sized one that is respectable. So, I tend to blame Bluestreak for it.

3. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My first REAL transformer was Machine Wars Starscream. I still remember the drive home with the figure in hand looking at it the whole ride home. It was the start of my plastic crack addiction. And what a gateway drug that was.

4. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    In the 80s... I can't remember is the honest answer. I think it was one of the Aerialbots, but I could be wrong. In my "grown up" years though, TFC Soundwave.

5. turboedguy

turboedguy minibotologist

News Credits:
    The first Transformer I ever saw was G1 Hound. A friend of mine showed up to school with it when nobody had yet heard of Transformers, but we all had go-bots, so seeing Hound blew us all away. That weekend My mom took me to the local Toys R Us and bought me a Thundercracker. After that I collected the first two years, but then by the recomendation of my older cousin, I gave them away with the rest of my toys, because "toys were for kids".:banghead:  Anyways, about 5 years sgo, I started my collecting again, piss on my cousin.:gen069: 

6. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    First ever was G1 Soundwave back in '85. Still wish i had him.

7. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    The first TF I can remember owning was a Pre-Rub Sunstreaker, I remember my cousins dad telling me that it wasn't a real transformer because it didn't have a rub symbol and that all of his sons TFs were real because they all had em. It kinda crushed me and he was kind of a dick.

8. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

haHA, but if you have that sunstreaker now, you'd be able to laugh in his face and say, "no ur wrong, dick!" haha...

9. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

g1 pointblank and peacemaker, goldbug, rollbar, and wideload, for one of my early birthdays, back in like 86/87 lol sometime before that, my brother got defensor as his first transformer *the full set* plus i believe 2 members of the terrorcons.

10. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    My very first Transformer? Octopunch. Still have him.

11. micheal150

micheal150 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    My first Transformer that I had was Hound. My brother's was Optimus Prime.

12. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    haha, i started real late...first one was a movie deluxe bumblebee...but then i wasnt really planning on collecting, i just loved the movie and bumblebee, so i got the figure..
    the first one i got with a collection in mind was premium movie voyager ironhide

13. Ricky_Stream

Ricky_Stream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i don't really recall if it was the micromasters off road team or Pretenders jazz and grimlock!

14. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    Prime, for christmas in 84, or was it 85, i forget when "year one" was. I think it was 84, I remember I got an ROTJ X-wing fighter as well.. those two toys kept me quiet for weeks on end :) 

15. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    A G2 Sizzle.

16. Big Filipino

Big Filipino John 3:16-17 says it all

News Credits:
    I think G1 Slag may be my first, if not one of my earliest, and I still display him proudly to this day.

17. Prometheum5

Prometheum5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    G2 stuff... I can't remember exactly which figs I got first, but I most remember having the black Sideswipe and the blue car guy Skram... still gotta get new ones of those two. I had some Constructicons too (but not all of them) along with Beachcomber and some of the water-squirter color change guys.

18. Tell_Story

Tell_Story Well-Known Member

This brings up a lot of issues for me. Like, I remember my parents buying this watch for me me that turned into a robot when we were in Spain. That wasn't a Transformer as we know it, but it was still a Transformer. I have to credit G1 Optimus Prime as the first Transformer I ever saw and I was blown away! My jaw dropped. That was about the first grade.

As for which was my first Transformer? Even though it's a little bit of a blur. I do believe that it was G1 Hoist. Yes, even though Optimus would have been excellent I had a ton of fun with hoist transforming him back and forth over and over again. I still have him too! I have all my Transformers from my childhood, but I just recently started buying them last year.

19. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Spychangers Mirage and Ironhide, though they were for my kid. Then we got a bunch of Micron Legend stuff from Japan, and I fell in love with Jetfire.

20. Darkspeed

Darkspeed Avatar Freak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My first Transformer was Headmaster Skorponok. I remmeber being 4 years old and getting it for Christmas; This absolutely huge robot that turned into an insect - How could I not love it?

Sadly, after a few years of rough playing, the leg ended up breaking off it. I'd love for them to reissue this figure one day...