What was your first Transformers figure/show/comic?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Agamus, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Stoikovich

Stoikovich Well-Known Member

Figure - G1 Sideswipe in 84/85, he's still on the shelf with a loose shoulder and 'battle damaged' paintwork.

Cartoon - I remember wearing out the Arrival From Cybertron VHS! I used to be certain that as a kid I was mad for Transformers and cartoons, but having recently watched all the G1 cartoons I've realised that I only ever saw series one. It's either madness or a failing brain...

Comic - the 1986 annual for Xmas, followed by UK issue 47 (Dinobot Hunt pt.1), afterwhich I had the comic on regular order from the newsagents \o/

2. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    First cartoon: G1 episode divide and conquer from a vhs tape! My mom rented it for me and I was hooked!

First comic: Transformers 1-5. Kid next door had a spare copy of them and didn't want them and gave them to me! Went to the raceway gas station every month and got the comic off the spinner rack till they stopped getting it.

First toy: G1 jumpstarter twin twist. Still have it today!

3. DanLyons

DanLyons Vintage Lurker

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    First TF figure - G1 Sideswipe
    First TF show - I was fortunate enough to see the mini-series when it first premiered
    First comic book (ever) - G1 Transformers #6 (This is also my first comic book purchase ever. I picked it up from a local newsstand not realizing that I'd missed the greatest cover ever by a month!)
    First BW figure - Rattrap (still remembered fondly despite being an one-step shell-former primarily due to how his weapon could be stored within his beast mode)

4. Altered Prime

Altered Prime Well-Known Member

First figure - G1 Ironhide
    First show - G1 cartoon
    First comic -G1 Marvel U.S.
    First IDW comic - their first book

5. Metal Boxes

Metal Boxes Active Member

Got introduced to it by TF: Energon. As a kid I loved it. Then I watched Armada, loved it too, and Cybertron but I didn't like that one so much. Revisited Energon again and couldn't get past one episode, yikes.

6. Kidskullomania

Kidskullomania Wrecker 4 Life

First TF figure - G2 standard Prime w/ the "I AM OPTIMUS PRIME!" talk command trailer (and bumblebee)
    First TF show - G2
    First comic book (ever) - technically the old marvel tf comics my dad owned, but i wasn't old enough to read them.
    First IDW comic - Last stand of the wreckers. blew my mind.
    First G1 figure - TRU exclusive soundwave (that turned out to a G2 soundblaster remold)
    First BW figure - Dinobot

7. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    g1 groove it was a gift from a family friend and I still have him some place.

8. Zappit

Zappit Well-Known Member

First Show - G1, mostly from VHS tapes my parents let me repeatedly rent.

First Figure - Powermaster Optimus Prime - I wish I still had it.

First Comic - Generation 2 Issue 1 - I didn't even know there were comics until then.

First IDW comic - All Hail Megatron - For all its faults, I loved it.

First Return to Collecting Figure - Universe Deluxe Thundercracker - If this mold wasn't so expensive to 100% completely collect! I would have done it in a heartbeat. It's still the best Deluxe Seeker design.

9. Coil

Coil a.k.a. Solas Prime

First Show: G1. i was fortunate enough to watch it as it aired. As a kid though, i was a fan of the villains, so after the movie, when half of my favorite characters were gone, i got pissed off and quit watching for a long time, up until beast wars came about.

First Figure: I wasn't allowed to have transformers as a kid, or any kind of "pre-constructed play" type toy...i was raised by a couple of psychology majors...it wasn't fun. so when i ended up dating Prime Wylde, he happened to have a Transmetal 2 Megatron (one of like, three figures he had at the time), which i recognized from the show...and immediately claimed as my favorite.

First Comic: Last Stand of the Wreckers...read it a long while back and even without having read anything else, i was so impressed that i eventually went back and read everything i could, but in chronological order...i'm..almost caught up now...

10. VictoryBot93

VictoryBot93 Well-Known Member

I got introduced in 2014 thanks to AOE, so most things would be around that time period.

Toy: Voyager AOE Grimlock - Nice figure to get started I feel. Good amount of pros & cons to understand the gist of Transformers toys.

Comic: IDW Robots In Disguise & More Than Meets The Eye Volume 1 - Very interesting. Really sucks you into the world through the cast.

Show: Transformers Prime - A surprisingly enjoyable experience. Not sure if I'd recommend it to non-TF fans but still a good time.

11. Coil

Coil a.k.a. Solas Prime

G1 cartoon. Comics were a rarity in my town. I fell out when the movie killed all my Decepticon favorites. My Hubby got me back into it in college.

12. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    First TF show: G1, "More Than Meets the Eye part 1"
    First TF toy: G1 Optimus Prime
    First TF comic: Dreamwave's first issue

13. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    First TF Show: The feature-length "Arrival From Cybertron" (more commonly known as "More Than Meets The Eye Parts 1-3") on VHS.

First TF Comic: UK Issue #11 ("Man Of Iron Part 3"). Still love that cover.

First TF toy: Tricky to remember, but (G1) Dirge or Warpath are likely candidates.

First IDW Comic: Infiltration issue #0 (all four covers)