What was your first Transformers figure/show/comic?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Agamus, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    More younglings than I was expecting. Especially since the last time this was asked there were so many older guys.

First TF figure - Unknown. Probably G1 Bumblebee.
    First TF show - Sunbow G1, starting with MTMTE episode 1 fall 1984 when it originally aired. (This was my introduction)
    First TF comic book - Transformers #13 (1985)
    First G1 figure - See above.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Mirimus

Mirimus Well-Known Member

Figure: G1 Bumblebee

Show: Sunbow cartoon

Comic: Marvel Transformers #1 in a four issue limited series.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

My first figure was PCC Huffer from the DotM line. The cartoon that got me really into it was the original from Sunbow. I haven't really read the comics.

4. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    G1 Prowl was my first toy in 1984.
    G1 was my first cartoon.
    I'm pretty sure the first TF comic I read was the Marvel G1 run in 2001, when they were all scanned and posted online.

• Like Like x 2
  5. MattDallas

MattDallas Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    I had two first Transformers - Rumble & Ravage. Although I always think of my first 'Transformer toy' as the orange Robo Machine (Gobot) Dump Truck.

First comic was issue 1 of the UK Marvel comic. It was this that (by issue 3) really got me hooked on Transformers in general.

First cartoon was the first segment of Arrival From Cybertron (MTMTE) on Roland Rat. Still have this on VHS recorded from that day!

6. The Flash

The Flash Wing Stopobot

Here's mine:
    First TF figure - G1 Bumblebee (I mistook him for a GoBot, ironically.)
    First TF show - G1 MTMTE (aired as a movie)
    First comic book (ever) - Marvel's G1, issue 2.
    First IDW comic - Infiltration, Issue 0
    First G1 figure - see above
    First BW figure - Optimus Primal

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mizzinno

Mizzinno Merc With A Mouthplate

News Credits:
    Armada Powerlinx Cyclonus
    Armada
    There was an Energon era comic that was available at Walmart. Don't remember much about it.

8. Optimum Supreme

Optimum Supreme Go boom!

First TF comic: Marvel issue 1(US)
    First TF figure: G1 Megatron
    First Autobot figure: G1 Brawn
    First episode: came across part of ep1 or ep 2 of the original G1 miniseries when flipping channels after school one day.

Released in that order btw.

Unless this is something foreign or obscure, the Energon comic was Dreamwave's continuation of their Armada comic (even kept the numbering)

9. Macross79

Macross79 Well-Known Member

First figure: G1 Soundwave and G1 Wheeljack
    First cartoon: G1 Sunbow cartoon
    First comic: I know I was wayyyy behind, IDW Infiltration

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  10. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

News Credits:
    1st figure: Original G1 Optimus Prime

1st show: MTMTE, G1 starting with the first airing.

1st comic: Headmasters #1

Was into the transforming concept from the start. Full disclosure: I had a few Go Bots before Prime because they hit stores before Transformers. When promos for the MTMTE miniseries started airing I was counting the days till it was on.

When I saw the Headmasters comic at a local neighborhood store I saw the issue #1 as a good place to get into these new stories without needing to read back issues. I wanted to know more about these characters who were not in the cartoon (yet). Then they joined the cast of the regular Transformers comic and I tracked down all the back issues later anyway. Got a lot of them in 3-packs at KMart. After finally tracking them all down the store where I was getting new issues stopped carrying the title so I missed the final year of issues.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Super Bumblebee

Super Bumblebee Autobot

Instagram:
    My first exposure to transformers was Transformers: The Movie (1986). I was about four or five, and it was the 90's, when transformers weren't very popular. My mom rented the movie for me from the video store (remember those?!) because it looked like a typical kids cartoon movie. I loved the movie, but toys were difficult to come by at the tail end of Generation 2. My grandmother bought me some old g1 figures from a garage sale- I think Powermaster Joyride was my first( I used him as hot rod since I didn't know who he was), followed shortly by Duocon Flywheels(it took me a while to figure out they were two pieces of the same figure- for a while they were "Head guy" and "Headless guy"!). My mom got me a few remaining G2 figures- Jetfire, Road pig, Road Rocket, Roadblock (who I thought was a Constructicon).

But the first figure I ever picked out for myself was Beast Wars Waspinator. I remember getting him from the store- my mom took me to Toys R US and had me pick out a Transformer- and I picked Waspinator. My mom said "Are you sure you want that one? He's so ugly!" But I insisted on Waspinator and she bought it for me. My mom is the best!
    After that I got into Beast Wars, and my collection grew to a tremendous size- and the rest is history!

• Like Like x 1
  12. BlueSpeeder

BlueSpeeder Member

I don't recall how I got into Transformers, but I do know it was during the Armada era. I remember owning Armada Blurr and Armada Demolisher for sure. I don't think I watched the TV show, though: all I remember about the show was the epic intro and the episode where Optimus crumbles into pieces and dies (shocker, I know).

Now I know for sure I wasn't into Transformers when Energon was a thing (thank God), but my big exposure, the thing that finally got me into Transformers again, was Cybertron. I would always tune in and watch the show. I definitely remember owning several of the Cybertron figures, though my memory is very scarce on which Cybertron figure I owned. I know I owned a Snarl figure and a Mudflap figure. Don't exactly recall any other particular Transformer figures during this time.

Then the films came out, and the rest is history. Though the peak of my hype was during the road to Revenge of the Fallen (Animated helped pump me up for anything Transformers related in the future), I still have fond memories of those early days, when I couldn't buy my own figures. Simple times, to say the least.

13. Shin Star Saber

Shin Star Saber New Member

First Transformers Toy - Sunstreaker
    First Show - Generation 1, MTMTE
    First Comic - Marvel's Transformers Issue 1
    First BW Toy - Optimus Primal

14. Kotori Sonoda

Kotori Sonoda Sparkling Silver Wing

Instagram:
    Toy-movie blackout legends
    TV show-IDK, local TV aired beast machines but I didn't pay much attention to it as a kid because I found it boring and I never saw eps in consecutive order.
    comic book-I don't really collect comics, so I only get em it they come packed in toys. So my first comic is the Transformers #1 that came with the Universe 2008 Optimus.

15. CarRobot

CarRobot Highway Star

Figure: Beast machines Jetstorm

Show: Beast Machines

Comic: does the Armada Hot Shot comic (not the jaam one) count?

16. griffn29

griffn29 Well-Known Member

The first transformers figure I ever had was a reissue Thunder cracker!

Fiction was either Transformers Armada or the 1986 animated movie.

17. Mirage00

Mirage00 Master of Hiding

First Figure:Mcdonalds armada Starscream/ First official tf toy was Energon Snow cat. Had other toys mainy mcdonalds tf armada figures.
    First show: Some episodes of Armada as a kid i saw/ Energon i watched alot/ G1VHS rentals.
    First comic: One of the ones that came in the energon figures, read it many times as a kid.(Might of had others???) Had alot of G1 comics during (2009-now)
    First IDW comic: I think one of Re-Generation one or a MTMTE comic.
    First G1 figure: Had an encore G1 hoist during the cybertron days/ First real 1984 tf figure was G1 Shrapnel back in late 2008 or early 2009.

18. Gripper107

Gripper107 There is only G1

I got g1 Snarl back in 1985 for Christmas & watched the g1 cartoon religiously.
    30 something years later and Snarl is still my favourite. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  19. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I think I read somewhere that Prowl was so called as a nod to the 1920s or 30s when police cars were colloquially referred to as Prowlers.

Didn't know he was called Prowler on mainland Europe. Anywho, Prowl is a great name.

Think I had that orange dump truck myself. It was motorised wasn't it?

Roland Rat? That brings back memories. And I thought I felt old this morning when the doc prescribed me blood pressure medication.

20. MattDallas

MattDallas Well-Known Member

Facebook: