What was the real reason they cancelled FE TF prime figures in USA?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Black Convoy, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    So we got in Peru this figures and reading, watching and analysing reviews and pictures I still don't know why they were cancelled in America.

Most of this figures have got very show accurate design and very complex transformations. The display base included is simply perfect.

So far, watching how simple Powerizers RID figures are, I can tell that maybe they thought the figures were too complex to transform and they needed gimmicks instead of a display base to make them more interesting for kids.

What do you think?

2. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Because retailers didn't buy them. And they were only supposed to be a brief preview line. That was supposed to be out this time last year.

3. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    Technically speaking, they weren't cancelled, they were never advertised or marketed for a US release past the 3 we got. the others were advertised in different markets. the only reason we even know they exist is cause we're rabid fans who soak up every iota of information. While it certainly would have been nice to get our hands on these products for retail cost, it really isn't anything Hasbro ever offered us as a possibility, just something we assumed would happen.

4. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Gremlins.

5. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Another dropped ball on Has's part.

But not to worry- we have these real cool (not really) RID figures instead.

6. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They never really gave any reason let alone a real reason :lol 

7. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

Bad Hasbro. Bad.

8. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:

I don't know the reason myself, but the Powerizers are not simple.
    They are lacking in paint applications based on the cost of the stupid 'powerizer' accessories, but the toys themselves are good.

9. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    The butler did it.

10. hordeall

hordeall Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its obvious it was for cost reasons. All RID figures look and feel cheaper in comparison.

11. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    Hasbro sucks at packaging their shipments. Retailers didn't order the numbers Hasbro liked, but that's probably because a lot of retailers don't need more useless products taking up shelf space. Hasbro needs to better ratio of their products, as not everyone will love Bumblebee to the point that we need three Bumblebees per four figure box or whatever... just saying...

12. TwilightNero

TwilightNero Maximal

Ebay:
    :deadhorse: 
    Come on guys, really?

13. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

Sometimes it's all they know how to do.

14. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Win.

I don't know. The figures I wanted most never got released in the US.

15. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    It may be beating a dead horse ( we have talked this topic to DEATH ) but it's true. Hasbros stuff this year looks and feels like it should be in a market with a $2 sticker on it. That's not bitching because I can't get FE, I have FE. It is just reality.

I think maybe the OP was impugning the toy skills of Americans:ev: 

16. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Never marketed for a US release? Then why were they shown at Botcon and SDCC (both US trade shows for fans) AND ToyFair (an industry trade show showcasing new product for retailers) last year? It was never even mentioned that it wasn't getting a US release. Plus, they were all supposed to be Generations figures originally, not their own subline, but Hasbro decided to break them out separately instead. Why? Who knows.

17. TwilightNero

TwilightNero Maximal

Ebay:
    If a multi-billion dollar company has a entire line not being order by retailers, it's be VERY bad for business to just go: "yea we had an entire line of toys not sell, but don't worry, the next one will." It was covering there butts for the stockholders. Think of it as this, would you personally invest in a company where an entire line of their product wasn't being bought by retailers?

18. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    I think it was just simply Hasbro fucking up and mismanaging this line. Stop and think about it for a moment...the FE toys were originally slated to be released under the Generations label based upon knowledge gained from Walmart stock computers. Then they were consolidated into their own line, which appears to be solicited but only picked up by online retailers and Toys R Us. Why? This is easy to answer I think. Big chains like Walmart and Target saw that there was going to be a full release of Transformers Prime in Spring of 2012, and they did not think that stocking a filler line between DOTM and Prime RID was a good idea. This left specialty stores like BBTS and TRU who specialize in toys specifically so getting these wouldn't hurt as bad for them.

Then production was messed up. BBTS had been solicited and was awaiting stock, but it was cancelled for them. They're a US retailer, so to me it's clear that this is a production issue. There was enough produced to Hasbro Asia, but Hasbro wanted to churn out Prime RID so there would be saturation when it hit in Spring 2012. With all the factors of the line-up of First Edition, the timing of it's release and the lack of retailer desire for the line, First Editions were cancelled.

That's all my speculation based upon the evidence that has been presented. I don't think there's any conspiracy theory here, just a lot of Hasbro fucking up and Retailer desires getting in the way.

19. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

Trolls.

20. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    I would say the RiD figures are smaller, simpler and cheaper to produce. I've always had a feeling they were Hasbro designed, and FE were Takara. Sheer speculation, I have absolutely zero evidence to back this up, .