What was the point......

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by seeker311, May 23, 2007.

1. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Of Hasbro giving the ok on selling merchandise early if neither TRU or Walmart are going to do it?!?!??!?! I spoke with managers at both retail stores and they said they were sticking to the June 2nd release. Hasbro wasted their time with that press release.

2. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    Well, there was a reason that they set that date in the first place. The fact that TRU and Walmart stores are choosing not to release them until the initial release date shouldn't make that big of a deal. TRU.com was selling deluxes so it may be more of a store by store basis. Big stores like that can't just change what they have on the shelves on a whim. They plan out ahead of time what will be on the shelves. Stuff is budgeted for.

3. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its just 10 days away. Why worry over it? I think seeing it all for the first time on June 2 will be much cooler than see some things now and more later.

4. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Well the reason I would worry about it is because the merchandise is available online already and there's always the problem of limited items when they get put on the shelves. Also, the Walmarts and TRUs here in my town are slow at putting the new stuff on shelves. They still havent put up the last three Starwars transformers yet.

5. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    Perhaps it was Hasbro's way of telling the store that are already selling them, not to worry about any reprocussions... what ever they may be.

6. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    Trust me. You're not going to have any problems finding stuff. There will be an avalanche of everything pouring out of the toy aisles into the rest of the stores. You'll be fine, just be patient.

7. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Echoing KD, I highly doubt there will be much of a problem with distribution for the movie stuff. I fully expect every store to be overridden with TFTM stuff in a week and a half.

Don't worry about the last three SWTFs either, I just barely saw them at my TRU two days ago for the first time.

8. donnie76446

donnie76446 Well-Known Member

walmart

my walmart has told me that they will not carry the tfmtoys

9. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

I know the WM I was just at had the Protoform toys in a special display that said "Look for more Transformers Merchandise on June 2nd"

I think in 9 days we're all going to be finding the toys in such quantity we'll be sick. Or at least I hope *crosses fingers*

10. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    No they didnt. with that announcement, amazon.com put the deluxes up, and I now own them. not wasted at all. I'm sure anyone else who bought the movie figures feels the same way.