What was the most emotional moment in DOTM for you?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by homielee, Sep 9, 2011.

1. homielee

homielee New Member

To me It was the Autobot's Exile from Earth.

2. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Autobot's exile takes the award, even though Ironhide's and WheeljaQ's death were pretty heartwrenching, that scene was plain deppressing.

I mean, come on, the scene is shows our greatest heroes leaving Earth while a downbeaten replay of "Arrival to Earth" plays ["There is No Plan" to be precise], keep in mind that Arrival to Earth is pretty much the Autobot's theme song and main "Big Damn Hero moment"-music, seeing the HEROE'S THEME SONG, the song that usually brings moments of awesomeness and happiness downbeaten like that is the most deppresing thing you could do with the movie.

There's also the contrast that There Is No Plan is played when the Autobots are leaving Earth while Arrival to Earth [as the title says] was played on their beaitful arrival.

But that's just the beginning: That sequence is followed by Sam betraying Optimus [it doesn't help that you can see Sam almost crying when talking to Optimus], and GODDAMN OPTIMUS all deppressive and downbeaten in his speech ["It was all my fault, I was so wrong"] and even saying "You are my friend, Sam." hearing Optimus saying THAT to Sam while he is making his deal with the devil against his will is just sad. really goddamn sad.

To top it, The Xanthium blows up.

If I didn't know the Autobots would come back later and if I weren't such a heartless wretch, I swear I would have cried.

3. Arkitect76

Arkitect76 Fanaticon

News Credits:
    THIS!!!

thread closed...

4. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    You know, having seen so much of them in Chicago (and therefore, knowing they were still around somehow) kind of took me out of the moment as well. But yeah, the scene was still pretty emotional.

5. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought Ironhide's death, Autobot prisoners scene, and the exile scene were all very powerful in their own right. Ironhide's sudden demise really brought about a sense of panic and distress as well as cementing Sentinel's betrayal. The exile was well written, paced, and acted, as well as having some very touching music. The whole prisoner scene was extremely sad and I really felt for Que and Bumblebee. Great pacing in that scene, and same dolly shot used for both Que and Bee as they headed to their doom was brilliant and really added to the emotion and despair of the scene.

6. Shelbo

Shelbo Hur hur

This!

You just made me sad thinking about it. D:

7. prime326

prime326 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    Definetly the Autobots exile. The music was perfect for the mood and the interaction between Sam, Optimus, and Bee before the shuttle takes off was deep.

8. LumpimusPrime

LumpimusPrime Autobot

It WOULD have been Ironhides death for me if they hadn't rushed the scene so much. I would have like to see a more startled reaction from the Auotobots. I really wish that scene had gone down the way it did in the novelization...

just sayin.

9. Sideswipedx31

Sideswipedx31 Elite Guard Team Command

Since this thread DOES say emotional...I have to go with the return of the Autobots. My heart was pounding with every step Optimus took after he shot down the drone.

10. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Autobots' exile and subsequent (apparent) deaths (even though I had known they would survive), and Q's execution. Ironhide's wasn't very emotional for me because it was so rushed, whereas with Q's death, they had it going really slow, and had great, saw music playing, so you could really feel and react to it.

11. decepticon2020

decepticon2020 Best there is @ what I do

Ironhide's Death - First time I watched the movie, I already knew Ironhide was gonna die, but I thought he was gonna die in the Chicago battle in an act of protecting Optimus or getting ganged up on. I never expected Sentinel to shoot him all of a sudden while he was defenseless and his back to Sentinel. That scene really hit me hard and left me with my mouth open as I watched Ironhide desintegrate.

Autobots Being Exiled - This scene took me by surprise. I never could have imagined the Autobots being kicked out of Earth. Bumblebee's and Optimus' words before leaving were very touching and seeing Sam betray Optimus just made it worse. The first time I watched the movie, I didn't know the Autobots came back, so I actually thought the Autobots were going to leave and the whole time I was thinking of possible ways they could come back but I gave up and started to wonder what would happen in the movie next now that the Autobots were gone. This scene also hit me very hard and
    when the Xantium blew up all I was thinking was "f u Starscream" and "the movie is over".

Autobots' Return - After thinking they were completely gone, when that Decepticon ship blew up I thought it was a problem with the ship and that it blew up on its own, but when I saw Optimus walking in and saying "We will kill them all", I felt a chill go through my body and thought "the movie just started". I was so excited and startled I felt like jumping out of my seat and cheering. Definetly one of the most exciting and emotional scenes I've ever watched.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Deffinately the exile.

13. Sideswipedx31

Sideswipedx31 Elite Guard Team Command

Fixed..

14. The Ramjet

The Ramjet Get. Out.

Ironhide's extermination and the execution of Q.

15. Rodihide

Rodihide Batmobile Autobot

ironhides death

16. WreckNRule426

WreckNRule426 Autobot

Bumblebee's near-death. I just wish he would have escaped in a less deus-ex-machina way.

17. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Definitely the exiling of the Autobots. The background score didn't help either. It was just such a sad scene.

18. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    Sigh....

When the Humans started kicking Shockwave's and Barricade's asses. I think the Bots should've come in and done that, but oh well. Bay's a military fanboy.

19. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    Bumblebee's near death almost made me and my girlfriend tear up a bit..

The emotion conveyed in his face was just so..amazing. It was a really heart wrenching scene and, even though I love Soundwave, it just made Bumblebee coming back and defeating him that much more satisfying for some reason.

20. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

Ironhide's death, autobot exile and Q's death