What was the best TF buying experience from you childhood???

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Red leader, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    Mine was Megatron, I went into beatties toy store with my dad and they had Jetfire and Megatron sat there way up high next to each other, I just had to have that sweet Walther !!!!! runner up is Metroplex, he was tooooo awesome!

2. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I had saved up all my money for about a year (including birthday + Xmas) and in the one day I managed to get all of G2 Bruticus (had to go to about 3 different shops to find 'em all), G2 Megatron (green tank) and also one of the Laser Rods.

Runner up would be finding and getting Wild Rider. Got the rest of the Stunticons for that Xmas.

3. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    None. I wasn't at a store when I got any of my TFs as a kid. They were all gifts from Christmas or my birthday.

4. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I was long past childhood when I bought my first Transformers. Oh well.:cool: 

5. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    I didn't really go shopping for them when I was a kid either, but the best TF receiving experience was definitely when I got both Scorponok and PM Optimus one christmas.

Epic battles was had.

6. bw_rhinox

bw_rhinox Well-Known Member

Fortress Maximus at Child World. I can still remember the excitement of seeing the giant box in the store and walking it to the cashier.

7. luke4

luke4 crocon

i went to a yardsale 2 years ago and bought beast wars depthcharge, tiger hawk, tm2 cheetor, cheetor, scarem, 2 beastwars mcdonalds toys, a knock off g1 long haul, rid wedge and energon hotshot all for five dollars.

8. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    G1 Optimus Prime, he was my third Transformer that I added to the original fold. I had save my birthday and Christmas money and got to go to TRU and had a difficult choice to make. Optimus or Super Powers Flash. Hey, at the time that was a hard choice for me to make.

9. Xenon

Xenon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll also say Megatron. He wasn't avalible in the UK for ages so Soundwave was classed as the Decepticon leader in the early UK brochure if I remember correctly. Anyway, I went into a toyshop one Saturday morning and there was Megatron. I snapped him up straight away. One toy I always wanted was G1 Swoop, who again wasn't out in the UK. I never did get him.

10. BlitzFire

BlitzFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    umm...i never bought tf as a kid...i bought my first one actually this past december lol

anyways...my gf came into a bit of extra cash a couple months ago and took me out shopping for tf toys to try and help complete my movie toys

i got:

big daddy, jolt, grindcore, divebomb, jazz, stockade, wreckage, jungle bonecrusher and overcast

i was all excited like a kid in a candy store woot woot

11. Shockwave 75

Shockwave 75 Master of the Rules.

Jetfire. Cost me all my birthday money when I was 10, but it was worth it. Still have him too!
    More recently, when I got Brave Maximus. I just sat staring at him for about an hour.

12. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My best TF buy was when I saved up all my money and got:
    TFTM Bumblebee, Jazz, Barricade and wreckage. TFTM Leader Prime and Megs :D 

13. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I was not allowed to get any TFs as a kid. I remember having Chop Shop, Twin Twist, and a Macross Valkyrie but they belonged to my stepbrother at the time. I was in love with Blitzwing and Grimlock but I never got them until I can make money on my own and got them later. The first TF I ever bought was Snapdragon back in 1990. I still have it and aside from a loose wing fin it's still in excellent condition.

14. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    Mine were bought by parents and relatives when i was a kid... but i still strongly remember getting Prime for christmas, from my parents; which was obviously the most exciting & best thing ever. Well, that and Lego :) 

I also remember I was then very taken with the idea, from a story in the Transformers Annual, that Prime & Roller had some kind of mental connection; i know that notion made it's way into a lot of play.

Seems incredible that's almost 25 years ago. Eek.

15. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Grimlock for me. He was one of my favorite Transformers and my grandmother bought me him for Christmas shortly before she passed away. I loved the character which is why it is such a shame they ruined him after the movie and made him such a pansy in Transformers Animated.

16. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    The first time I went into Toys R Us to find Animated was pretty fantastic.
    Another time was when I got BW Primal and Megs for just over a fiver on ebay.

17. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    I remember getting Megs in Woolies, I was so excited I wanted to open him straightaway, my folks stopped me though. Even back then (24 years ago!) I was a huge Megs fan, nothing's changed :D 

Incidentally, I remember seeing a Swoop box in Woolies on another occasion, knowing he wasn't out over here I got very excited until I realised it was a Swoop box, but it was another TF inside, I've never been able to remember who was in the box, it wasn't another Dinobot though.

EDIT: I typed T-F for Transformer, and got Transformers :( 

18. omega knight

omega knight Chibi lancelot launch

News Credits:
    easy my armada optimus prime and armada jetfire and overload..grabed em allin one swoop called a birthday ^-^

19. mykticon

mykticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    One of my best memories was one Christmas Both of my grandmothers got me the biggest ones! One got me Skorponok and the other Trypticon! I can still remember tearing into both of them, LOL
    The best buying experience was when I finally got my G1 Fort Max (last month). I never thought I would get him, but now that I have him, he ain't going anywhere!!!!

20. Fez Findie

Fez Findie Well-Known Member

Getting Pyro long, long time ago. It was during the times when the mall I go to often on weekends used to have a totally kickass combo of an indoors amusement park, arcade and an ice cream bar at one section of it (which it doesn't anymore :(  nor there are really any video game arcades in Finland anymore, save for what you may find in amusement parks.)

After gettin' the guy, me and my aunt went to the ice cream bar to get some nice portions of ice cream and I remember lookin' at the package and all. :)