What was that movie about?(preview trailers before TF)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Enigma2K2, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I'm sorry... Bay gets a golf clap for that... No, it's not G1... but it was hellasweet! Damn you Weaving... you killed Jazz!!!!

*ahem* Now onto the topic of the thread... there was this trailer of guys and gals at a party giving well wishes to someone who was leaving for Japan, I think. then there's an explosion, and everything shakes all to hell. They go outside and there's some wierd noises, almost like some loud roaring creature, then an explosion and flying debris... including the head of the Statue of Liberty...

Damn, what a tease! Does anyone know what this was? Did anyone else see this trailer?

Okay, after some extensive searching... secret project from JJ Abrahms.... unnamed movie... sci fi monster movie? Cloverfield? Why am I suddenly intrigued by this?

Last edited: Jul 5, 2007
  2. CrypticIllusionist

CrypticIllusionist Well-Known Member

I caught that too. One of my group thought the movie was called Bad Robots since right at the beginning of the trailer there was a logo that said that (probably just a production company logo or something similar). It was quite a tease...you think it might be the sequel to Transformers? :p 

3. bushboy

bushboy Hardcore Decepticon

Cloverfield. There's a thread about it in GD

4. Th3_JeepChick

Th3_JeepChick Xbox: Th3 JeepChick

I thought it was called Bad Robots too - They should have showed more - I got bored with it after they retreated from the roof - def rental, maybe HBO -won't pay $9.50 to see it.