What was so different about ROTF than the first movie?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Tyrannosaur, Sep 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

Seriously the movie is only 2 minutes longer, about the length of the Prime-Fallen fight scene.

I don't understand why those who loved the first movie hated the second. I hear the complaint "It was too loud", "Like listening to rocks in a dryer for two hours" or "Save yourself the money and bang some pots together" in just about every review.

Um, heres a though people, IT'S A F*ING ACTION MOVIE! Ok, so ROTF pierced your ear drums but don't tell me Lord of the Rings, Saving Private Ryan, the first Transformers movie, Cloverfield, District 9, the entire die hard series, the entire borne series, every james bond movie, GI Joe, all the Jurassic Park movies, every Godzilla movie made, and all movies in that category(s) didn't, because you're a frigging liar.

Sure the plot was bit half-and-half and a few plot holes here and there but it was decent enough to hold the movie up. And how was this more boring than the first movie when it had twice as many fight scenes?

Really besides the plot and characters this movie is no different than the first one. Why do critics hate it so much if they gave the first movie a positive review?

2. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    :popcorn 

3. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I feel the main difference is that Michael Bay was given full control for ROTF, while in the first one Speilberg was there to hold his hand & say "this is a movie about a boy & his car." keeping him on track. With one less hand in the pot this lead to a 35.9%* increase in crude humor, plot-holes, explosions, and general Bay-ness.

*This statistic was completely made up & should not be cited

4. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    You are really into defending this movie aren't you?

5. neoprimus01

neoprimus01 Jackpot

Main difference: more money, more bombs and a few extra shots of Megan Fox. It was a good movie all the same...

6. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Dude, now you're just trolling. Stop this shit, please. There have been countless threads about this, and you keep starting new one after new one after new one.

7. Evil_the_Nub

Evil_the_Nub Well-Known Member

cause they're A-holes, they're complaining about the same things they liked in the first movie.

8. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Really, they're assholes?

9. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This completely. The first movie felt a lot more focused with a smaller robot cast which allowed for tighter characters and more involved fight scenes. All of the Autobots felt like genuine characters unlike ROTF where half of them did almost nothing. Also the situational humor worked well without disrupting the tone (except for maybe the masturbation joke) unlike ROTF where a great deal of the humor felt forced.

Lastly I'm pretty sure TF1 had more action (though the forest battle beats all): blackout attack, scorponok, barricade vs. BB, Optimus Vs. Bonecrusher, Autobots vs. Brawl and Starscream, and Optimus vs. Megatron. ROTF had Demolishor, Sideways chase, Ravage attack, Forest fight, BB vs. Rampage, Devastator, Optimus vs. Fallen, and a whole bunch of random shooting.

10. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

How about you stop skull fucknig this dead horse? It's my opinion, no different than every other thread here discussing this movie. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and this is my opinion. Don't like it? Don't bother posting.

11. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Oh, boy.

12. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    :popcorn  Indeed :popcorn 

13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I know I'll regret it but why not take a crack at it.

You see all action is not equal. If we were to follow your logic on all of this then Indiana Jones 4 is every bit as good as the first Indiana Jones movie. Both films have Harrison Ford, Marion Ravenwood, Steven Spielberg, and the quest for a magical item the bad guys plan to use for their evil plans. Yet one film is a timeless classic while the other film was so bad South Park had to make jokes about raping Indiana Jones.

The effect of sound also varies from film to film. I've watched both Saving Private Ryan and GI Joe Rise of Cobra in the same theater and while Ryan was loud where it needed to put you there with the characters around loud vehicles or guns while GI Joe was loud even when it didn't need to be.

Plot well hey some people need more to a plot than just a fight. Even if something is good you can have too much of a good thing. Being in the middle of your bath tub full of water is not bad, but if you were in the middle of Atlantic Ocean with no boat or no flotation device then water isn't so good anymore.

Maybe you just need to watch more movies. All action films, comedies, dramatic films, monster movies, or any other type of films are equal. Even in the same series all films are not equal, just look at either of the Star Wars series if you want to see how different films can be.

14. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The problem I had with Rotf is that all of the main characters were incredibly bitchy and annoying. The only character that the movie makes you give damn about is Prime and they killed him half way through the movie. When a movie fails to give you intriguing or interesting characters you care about you become very detached from the story.

If you are detached from the movie you notice every flaw and hiccup in it. Lines that would be corny become stupid. Action that would be dramatic and thrilling becomes pointless and loud if you don't care about the people in danger. By the time the desert battle had started I honestly wanted Sam to die. The character who i loved in the first movie had no redeeming qualities left in him half way through the story

Bay and company tried to tell a story similar to spider-man 2. A story where a character denies his destiny and their are dangerous repercussions. However they failed to give Sam the type of motivations peter parker had. Sam is not denying Prime out of love for Mikaela. He just wanted to be normal even though he had been a complete loser before Bumblebee came in to his life.

That is why I did not like Rotf. But at least some of you got your stupid explosions

15. KingGrimlock

KingGrimlock Assuming Direct Control

Hey people have to bitch about something, why not a movie.

16. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    The action was ten times cooler.

17. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    *Claps* You win this thread.

18. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    Here we go again...

19. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

This didn't need it's own thread. Hmm...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.