What Was Prime's Original ALT Form?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by OptimusAutobot, Apr 7, 2007.

1. OptimusAutobot

OptimusAutobot Banned

This is going to come off as a real dumb question but, what was Optimus Prime's ALT mode in the original G1 series BEFORE Teltraan 1 turned him into a bad ass semi truck??

Was this ever shown or discussed in the original cartoon series or comic book line?
    THANKS to anyone who posts!!

2. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    http://images.wikia.com/transformers/images/a/a2/Optimusprimeg1marvelfirst.jpg this is his original Marvel Comics appearance

http://images.wikia.com/transformers/images/8/87/Optimusprimeg1preearthmarvel2.jpg it was later retconned to this

I'm not sure if his alt mode was shown in the G1 cartoon, but before he was Prime he was Orion Pax http://images.wikia.com/transformers/images/d/d4/Orionpax.jpg

and in the Dreamwave War Within series, he was Optronix. You can see what this looks like if you get the 6 inch Titanium Optimus figure

3. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Prime was a small little transport-truck. Actually, the eHobby Orion Pax & Dion set portrayed him quite well. He basically was kinda-like Kup.... cept more Cybertronian-like.

~Z

Go to www.youtube.com and type in: War Dawn
    He's in there.

4. AutoCon2076

And remember: In the G1 cartoon, A-3 (Alpha Trion) made Orion Pax into Optimus Prime. I heard rumors that Dion became Ultra Magnus (hence the "Old Friend" comment in the movie). Can anyone confirm the Dion/Magnus connection?

~Z

5. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    It was never really addressed in great detail in the cartoon or comics until Dreamwave launched the War Within series - which was essentially a prequel showcasing the history of TF's *before* coming to Earth, how Prime became Prime, Megatron's rise to power, how the Autobots & Decepticons came to be, etc.

All of the War Within Titaniums are based on this series, so they'll show you what a lot of the characters looked like 'back in the day'.

6. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    in a word, no, because there's no canon answer to that. Some speculate that Dion's name is a pun made by the writers, meaning either "Dies In One Episode" or, more simply, Dyin'. Evidence to this is that Orion and Ariel are remade but Dion isnt visibly shown being remade. I think there was a TF Guidebook or something that stated Dion WAS Magnus, but that's not canon. Another theory is Dion is Ironhide, but really, it can never be proven.

7. AutoCon2076

Well, HasTak made Transformers an official Multiverse a few years back. So I guess all of it's game, eh?

~Z

8. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I agree, personally I've always used the Marvel comics cybertronian mode.

9. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Alpha Trion made Dion into a blender. Maybe used the left over bits as part of a chair or something.

10. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I always thought it was hilarious in the original comic Prime was just a box with wheels and a BFG. Don's WW design is so much better it's not even funny.

11. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    a winnebago.

12. Lupis Convoy

Lupis Convoy Paw Prince Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    With flames.

13. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

I always tend to think in his War Within pre-earth form as his definitive cybertronian alt-mode.

However, it's in on its own continuity, and it has nothing to do with cartoons.

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Dion Is Definetly Ironhide or ultra Magnus but we'll never really know But I Like the WW Better so I sometimes treat War Dawn like it never exsisted.But That's Just me.:) 

15. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

I love that brother conection between Prime and Magnus that we saw in Generation 1 comics by Dreamwave.

These are aspects that were treated so badly in the cartoon.

16. surak777

surak777 Autobot Musician TFW2005 Supporter

OMG! He's gone to plaid!!!

(sorry hides)

17. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

18. megatrontsm

megatrontsm Active Member

Ebay:
    In the origional marvel comics Optimus Prime origional alternate mode was some kind of wierd looking vehicle that resembled a rectangle box on wheels with a gun attached to it. It briefly shows it in Marvel T.F. issue#1. But I now personally like the DW WWI all terrain attack vehicle mode for Optimus Prime and consider this to be Prime's true origional alternate form. As for the origional cartoon his origional alternate mode was never reveiled.

19. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    so he was half a dozen different things, why does that not suprise me :p 

this is why I don't bother with reading any of the comics or try to follow any stories on the characters, there is no definitive info for these characters, really sucks.