What was it that Megatron wants revenge for?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Crainy, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Crainy

Crainy Well-Known Member

So.... as we all know War for Cybertron and Prime play in the same contiuinitutiututy.

I´ve always wondered: When you fight Megatrons army in the Kaon prison, Optimus realizes that Megatron actually wants revenge for something that happened "so long ago".
    However, Megatron never really answers Primes question.

So... what happened "so long ago" that Megatron wants revenge for?

2. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Maybe a reference to Megatron's days as a gladiator? [I.e wanting to unleash hell upon everything due his suffering in those fights] Or Maybe a reference to the day where Optimus and Megatron broke their friendship and became enemies [thus, Megatron would consider Optimus as a traitor, and would want revenge].

3. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

I wonder if it was something like this...?

[​IMG]

4. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm one who will not believe the BS line that Prime and WFC are the same continuity.

But as for the barebones event that is likely the cause of Optimus and Megatron's falling out, I think it's something like what was described in Exodus. Basically Orion Pax/Optimus and Megatron went to officially voice their issues with the caste system and Optimus was treated as the leader or granted some thing (like a title or position) that Megatron felt was rightly his.

5. KingStyle

KingStyle Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What about when Optimus was chosen over Megatron as the next Prime?

6. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

I thought it was all-but-stated that they were the same in the way that the G1 cartoon, Marvel G1, and IDW G1 are the same.

7. Rexidus

News Credits:
    High Moon developed WFC to be a spiritual prequel to the G1 cartoon. That was what they had in mind during development.

Exodus was written based on the high concept outline for the game but the author made it his own thing. I enjoy it but it doesn't fit in with WFC like they advertise it to.

Shortly after they were released a Hasbro PR guy said that WFC and Prime were the same continuity. It's blatantly obvious neither property had anything to do with the other so this PR statement is complete BS. Now what might be true is that they share the same 2 page Bible which states that Optimus and Megatron were friends, Dark Energon exists and the Decepticons use it, and Cybertron is dead/infected with Dark Energon. That much might be true.

But to go so far as to believe they are 100% in canon with each other when they are obviously not is just being a lemming. It would take massive effort to fanon the Unicron sized plot holes such a union produces.

So I do the sensible thing. I let each property be their own thing and let each be amazing.

But this topic is so dead not even Dark Energon can revive it.

And King, in my person fanon I'm not going to define what made Megatron and Optimus fall apart because I can see them eventually explaining it. It may be being promoted to Prime. It may not. I would suspect not since then it would be difficult to include Sentinel Prime as Optimus's mentor and Megatron's old foe.

8. Crainy

Crainy Well-Known Member

Interestingly enough, the issue if Prime and WFC are in the same continuity, has nothing to do with this topic. In fact, i only brought that up so it would be justified to post it in this forum here.

9. StarryAqua

StarryAqua Former fandom follower

News Credits:
    About the aligned continuity, we can agree, we can disagree, but we're not in charge of what's fact and what's not. End of discussion.

As for the actual topic of this thread . . . DEY TUKK HIS JERB!!!

10. Naughtytron

Naughtytron Well-Known Member

Actually, Megatron's grudge with Prime is a sad one...

Once upon a time, Megatron was a cheerful Decepticon who had just moved to Ponyville and keen to start a new life as cafe owner. There, he met an irritable pony by the name of Twilight Sparkle, and began to butt heads with her immediately. However, over time Twilight Sparkle and Megatron began to fall for one another and eventually got married. Immediately after the wedding, though, Megatron was called back to Cybertron. His wife, being an organic, couldn't possibly follow, but she did anyway, so loyal she was to her husband.

Upon return to Cybertron, though, he found his wife being discriminated against due to being organic and was re-instated into the lower caches of society. Twilight Sparkle did her best to make her new home as well she could, hiding her ailing health due to the Mine fumes. Enter Optimus, an acquaintance of Megatron's who saw his plight and assisted the young couple in their hardship. Many people looked down on Optimus for his association with an Organic-Cybertronian couple, but Optimus continued to financially and physically aid Twilight Sparkle and Megatron.

Discontent at the way things are and refusing to be a burden to Optimus any further, Megatron started a movement of his own to re-organize the cache system. He met with much opposition, but with Twilight Sparkle's love and Optimus' support, he became successful at bringing the matter to the attention of the Autobot Council. The council responded... by sending assassins after Megatron's beloved. At the time Optimus was with her; Megatron, suddenly aware of the plot due to discovery of previous records, went to save Twilight Sparkle. Optimus and Megatron were successful at repelling the assassins... but Twilight Sparkle was exposed to an extreme dosage of toxic fumes and ultimately died right before Megatron's eyes... held back by Optimus, refusing to let his friend go.

Later on, a disillusioned Megatron met a pony named Pinkie Pie... and the path of vengeance began.

THIS is why The Hub will never hire me.

11. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    WFC has about as much in common with the G1 'toon as it does with Prime.

12. Rexidus

News Credits:
    Spiritual prequel... That means it isn't meant as an actual prequel but has many common elements.

13. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'm pretty sure, reading the recent IDW comic which seems to be using some of the aligned continuity origin elements as well, that Megatron wants revenge for being forced into the role of a worker, revenge for the entire caste system that failed him, and yes, revenge on Optimus Prime who took the glory that should have been his.

14. Tikin

Tikin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And it can't work the same for Prime because...?

Anyway, I figured it was the WFC version of the early events of exodus; Optimus worked with the Decepticons early on, came to disagree with their methods and left, and now Megatron considers him a traitor.

15. Rexidus

News Credits:
    Because it was never intended to be connected to Prime. As I've admit, they both share aspects of an aligned continuity and that's fine with me. But when people claim or believe that WFC is a direct prequel to Prime, that's when I roll my eyes.

16. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    I think you got it in one.

This is something that was touched upon in Exodus as well.

And people...please remember this..Exodus is being used as a "basis". The aligned continuity is there to always keep establish elements they way they are.

The Autobots are the good guys
    The Decepticons are the bad guys
    They're home planet is Cybertron
    Optimus Prime is leader of the Autobots
    Megatron is the leader of the Decepticons

Team A...wanna make a Video Game and your own story to it? Sure, but use the basis

Team B..wanna make an animated TV show and your own story? Sure, but use the basis.

Team C..wanna make a live action movie and your own story to it? Sure, but use the basis.

That is what this all about. Nothing more.