What Updates are needed?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Ceasar121, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    When they(If they) update WFC, what updates need to be made?

First, I think melee needs to be toned down. It takes a full 2 bars of life, and that's a bit too much. I've tried it in a game with friends, and this wasn't the back stab. It should be at most 2 bars when someone is powered up with Warcry, or Backstab. Far too often, strategy is overcome by a melee... I've been attacked by players using a jet, where they clearly got the drop, and I was merely able to melee and defeat them. That's weak. It also would resolve the issue of the scientist having a small life bar. The majority of times its the overpowered melee that causes the imbalence.

Overshields should provide the same amount of extra life for everyone. Its silly that a soldier can have the equivalent of 12 bars of energon. If it gives the soldier 6 extra bars of energon, it should give everyone that. Honestly, I think it should just gives the equivalent of 3 extra energon bars. A skilled scientist still has little chance of defeating even a rookie soldier with an overshield.

Host migration is needed.

Jet missles should be nearly as if not as lethal, as tank shots. Right now they're pretty useless unless you lock on to a vehicle.

2. fastballspecial

fastballspecial Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I think the game is perfectly balanced other than the X12 Scrapmaker being too accurate for how powerful it is. Host migration is 100% needed as too many people quit, or connections are lost during games.

I think the melee is good, only because in most games it's one melee attack and then death. I think the scientists also have the least amount of health because they're not really meant to be used as a fighter, plus they can give themselves health at anytime with their energon grenade. It's balanced very well, surprisingly. I don't think I could be much happier with the overall product. Great job, High Moon. :) 

3. Feldon

Feldon Active Member

I'd like the servers to stabilize. Or my internet, not sure which. But most definitely would like the xp to be permanently added to the total before the end of a game.

4. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

I just posted this in the discussion on the Activision panel...because I think they missed a great oppurtunity to address some problems people are having with this multiplayer experience, and get Activision/High Moon/Whoever is responsible for the game's servers, on the case. But this is a pretty appropriate place for this so, I'll post this here as well. I'm not really looking for a debate, just looking to post this in hopes someone with the ability to get the ball rolling might read it (I know...highly unlikely)....I'm also considering writing an e-mail to high moon, and activision about the problems I have seen...anyways...here's my original post.

Man I wish I had been around to submit some questions....come on TFW...where were the important questions...such as are they going to make the servers more reliable, and not so laggy.? There is NOT that many people playing...and this game should not be as unreliable a multiplayer experience as it is.

Adding host-migration and patching matchmaking should be what they're thinking about right now, before any dlc is even given thought. Last night the game froze on me and my friends multiple times while in a lobby trying to find a game, along with losing connection once we were finally in a game because the host quit, or the servers lagged out. It's also bullshit that if the host quits out, you don't get to keep your stats and xp from the match. I think anyone who quits early should have a loss added to their win/loss ratio, and the rest of the people allowed to keep what they earned. As an example, last night I was 21 and 1 (in one of the games that actually ran perfectly), and then the host left because he couldn't take the loss like a man. I can't stand people that do this, nor an online game that does not account for the possibility of this happening quite a lot.

I have reliable/quick internet, and the speed has never dropped below 26mbps dowload/3mbps upload. I also regularly test the speed of my connection from my ps3 to see what kind of speed my systems are running at, even though they are directly connected, instead of wirelessly. Every other game I have, can be running as smoothly as possible online, yet WFC is a mess. It's not just me that sees this either, all of my friends that play this game have commented on how crappy the game runs the majority of the time.

I love this game, and I want the online experience to be quality...and it is...when things are running smoothly. But it seems that the people with good connections are sometimes almost punished because of the people with shit connections. There is so much packet lag it's unbelieveable sometimes.

When I am shooting a scout accurately with a Scrapmaker, from almost point blank range, and I pepper them for quite awhile with my shots showing as hits, before going in for the melee kill, and they still don't die, it's a sign of packet lag. Scouts do not have a whole lot of health, but anybody with a shitty connection can almost be invincible in this game due to packet lag. I'm sure I don't have to explain this, but when a person with a good internet connection shoots someone with a bad internet connection, the person with the shit connection usually does not receive all the packets that are transferred over the internet when they are shot accurately, but the person with a good connection certainly will receive all the packets.

I am tired of this. I know how much damage each character class is capable of giving and receiving. I am a hardcore gamer, as well as a passionate simulation/development student, and I am not new to competitive gaming. I even already signed up for Gamebattles to compete in this game...but with the quality of multiplayer still iffy, I 'm not so sure I will even compete with my clan in this game. I really hope High Moon, Activision, or Microsoft (whoever is responsible for running multiplayer servers) get these kinks ironned out.

5. Feldon

Feldon Active Member

Also, fix the damned scientists. Having less health AND weaker weapons along with no stealth? How is that balanced? Its not like you can heal yourself with your energon beam. Cloakers being weaker overall is one thing since they have an advantage, what advantage do scientists have?

6. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    The scientist is supposed to have teammates backing him up. In a team the scientist if wonderful. Solo he's an easy target.

7. Ceasar121

News Credits:
    Yeah but in a game that features DEATHMATCH (and lets face it, getting kills is a necessity to win in even most of the other match types) the scientist is nerfed. Every other class has a tactical ability you can use to get kills, be it the cloak, the whirlwind or the war cry. Think about how damaging the whirlwind is, how vicious warcry makes you, how cloak allows you to surprize and strike, What ability does the scientist have to aid in combat? Drain is great if you ca remain hidden long enough for it to hurt, but you have to be close enough that any other average player will shoot you once and then melee you before it does any real damage. Disguise is worthless. As soon as the aiming tool turns red I shoot. The scientist would be able to contribute more if he was given a quicker recharge to even one of his abilities. You can't contribute much from the air, as the missiles don't do much damage, you're not good in a firefight on the ground, because one melee hit is guaranteed to kill you, and you can pretty easily be shot down by any other class. The inability to get kills directly ties into your teams success... if you can't defend yourself, you can't heal and assist them, and in deathmatch, getting 4 kills to 9 or 10 deaths is detrimental to success.

My kill death ratio with the scientist is like .51, all other classes, I'm a little over 2 to 1, and the highest class I have is my scout at 5. My scientist is level 13, and still can't really do anything. The sentries don't spawn fast enough to allow you set traps with them. If sentry ability recharged as fast as scout cloak, I could see setting up traps with the sentry, which would give you ability to lure people to their doom.

Breakaway in ROTF had a sniper rifle, and the ability to hover, and was far from overpowered. If anything, scouts should be the weakest, they have a cloak and virtual one hit kill with backstab or surprize attack, and they carry the far reaching scatter blaster. Hell you could just make it so the scout started with the EMP shotgun and 3 energon bars, and the scientist had the scatter blaster and four bars, and the scout would still be a beast, while the scientist could be effective enough not to be a detriment. Scientists have the pea shooters (neutron rifle and that weak proton pistol. The best weapon they have is the EMP shotgun, and if you get close enough to kill someone with that, you better kill em, otherwise you're dead. Hell I've been playing with 2 other jets, jumped a soldier and we all ended up dead because of the godlike power of the whirlwind.

Either the melee needs decreased effectiveness, or the scientist needs a bump in one of his major abilities. Then the game wouldn't be dominated by scouts and soldiers so consistently. As of yet, I've never seen someone that used the scientist the whole match lead his team in kills, and that's and indication the game isn't balenced.

Hell I've never even seen the nucleon cannon for the 7 killstreak.

8. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    I do agree that the weapon selection and lifebar of a scientist should be extended. The scout does have cloak, while the scientist has speed, but the lifebars should at least be the same for both. And I quickly change out weapons while in a match to and Ion Blaster or Scrapmaker, because that so-called assualt rifle and burst pistol are terrible. In a regular deathmatch, I would never take a scientist.

9. Ceasar121

News Credits:
    Not to mention that transforming for the scout usually lets you get away, while transforming to try and get away as the jet usually gets you killed :D 

Hell he's a target in a team. The scientist is the first one I attack in a group, cause he's usually the sure kill if you're any other class.

10. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I think the main problem here is that you're taking a support class into a gametype it isnt designed for.

Main problems I see are with overpowered abilities.
    Maybe Im just playing against people with bad connections, but I cannot kill a soldier who is using whirlwind. 5 shots from a Fusion Cannon and all the ammo in the Ion Blaster magazine and they still wont die.

On the other hand, I use whirlwind and a Scout walks up and melee kills me. WTF?

11. Noizemaze

Noizemaze Noisemaze Collector

News Credits:
    Scientist isn't underpowered, it just takes some unique tactics. I've been playing one exclusively in Multiplayer. I actually unlocked the 7-kill streak twice in one match by using Disguise, Shockwave, and the EMP Shotgun.

12. Angelwave

News Credits:
    :lol  This is true. And the roll ability doesn't help. You could be half way across the map, barrel rolling your thrusters off, and you still get shot down. That's why I fly low to the ground. I just wish the scientist had the bombing ability that the generic Seekers and Aerialbots have in the campaign.

LOL. That is also true, scouts abilities an be frightening at times. Thinking about it now, yeah, they should have the lowest health bar.

13. Ceasar121

News Credits:
    Then that makes you wonder why all the points are basically given for and through kills. There should be like a large bonus of points for healing teammates, and it should be what unlocks the scientist kill streak. Why are all the others designed for combat EXCEPT the scientist? It's the overpowered abilities that makes the scientist weak.

If the whirlwind and melee weren't so powerful, the scientist would be able to hang, because you could stay at range and fight back conserving your health. As for scouts charging through the whirlwind and killing you, join the club. I save the scientist shockwave for that, so I can push people back if they're running up to kill me, and they melee through an ability that's supposed to push them back.

14. Angelwave

News Credits:
    Another great point. I thought about this too one time I was playing, and wondered why you don't get a bit more XP for healing teammates.

15. Ceasar121

News Credits:
    What level is your scientist? I've thought about going that route, but was waiting to see if the disguise damage bonus would make it worthwhile.

16. Noizemaze

News Credits:
    I think I'm currently at 12. Even without the damage bonus, people hardly pay attention long enough to determine that you aren't an enemy chassis if you use the Seeker parts. I actually had a few instances where I've landed right next to two enemies and stood there while they were taking a point. After a few seconds, I turned and blasted the slag out of the scout, hit Shockwave to knock back the tank, and flew off.

17. Angelwave

News Credits:
    The Disguise is very helpful when the enemy team is not paying close attention, I will give it that.

18. Ceasar121

News Credits:
    Doesn't work on me. I shoot at teammates if they run up aggressively :D  Once I see the aimer turn red I start blastin. :lol 

19. Noizemaze

News Credits:
    That's why I usually try to act in a way that makes sense. Attacking the same points as the enemy team or taking the long way to get behind the front line and approaching from their spawn points. Popping Disguise at the start of the match is a dead giveaway. "Why is that guy from our team flying from their base?"